Where can I watch the GF around the world?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GF is not such a problem - the Prelim (Geel v WC) IS :mad:… I live in Germany. According to the schedules at this stage, it looks like it’s not on ESPN UK (more important to show some 30 minute sports wrap-up shows followed by a replay of a Serie A match :confused:, Eurosport 2 is only showing 1.5 hours of highlights from 1000 CEST, and ESPN in USA doesn’t appear to have any coverage at all. As for “LiveAFL.TV" - the website currently shows nothing scheduled in the next 14 days! Sick of nuff-nuffs being put in charge of this sort of stuff - whether from the AFL or websites. Had a look earlier in the year at the “LiveAFL.TV” website because I considered subscribing - I was put off when I saw them advertising “Kick-off @ …” DO they think Aussie Rules is the same as soccer or rugby?! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I can't understand why ESPN are not showing this game. The last two weeks the Saturday night game has clashed with Scottish soccer but not this week. (Just realised this is an afternoon game, even less reason for them to not show it.)

I'm pretty confident that it will be on liveafl.tv but it is a terrible website and it never seems to be easy to find the game that is on.

You will definitely find a stack of bars in Amsterdam playing the match. Definitely around Red Light District. I lived in Haalem over the 2007 Grand Final and even there (about 40 minutes out of Amsterdam) there were bars playing it in the background on a screen.

I'm in the same boat, I will be in Austria when the Prelim is on.http://www.osn.com/onlineguide/sched...rts_
I'll be in Austria as well, Vienna specifically, do you know of anywhere showing the Hawks Pies game? I found this Australian bar in Vienna but I don't know if they're showing the game yet as I'm still in Prague. If anyone knows of a place in Vienna showing the game, much thanks would be shown.

As in previous years World Footy News is collating a list of all the Grand Final parties around the world. They will be upadated at this link over the next week.

Have your party seen here when the world is looking for a venue to watch the big game.

Please note: The information is entered here in good faith. worldfootynews.com is not responsible for any incorrect information posted to this story. Wherever possible attempt to check ahead to make sure the party you are planning on attending is still going ahead and has room for you. There have been cases of sell outs and late changes e.g. when a venue could not secure a telecast.

NORTH AMERICA
Atlanta, GA, USAAtlanta Kookaburras - AFL Grand Final live broadcast at The Midway Pub in Decatur.
Friday, September 30th @ 10:30pm Link to Address: 552 Flat Shoals Avenue Southeast, Atlanta, GA $20 for beer/wine. Food can be purchased from the Midway.

Austin, TX, USAWhere: HYATT REGENCY DOWNTOWN 208 Barton Springs Road • Austin
When: Friday, September 30 @ 10:00 PM
$20 p/head - all you can eat & discounted Aussie beers at the cash bar. Join the Austin Crows players, family, and supporters to watch the big game live from the MCG on the Hyatt Conference Room Projector Screen.

Dallas, TX, USA
The Dallas Magpies will be hosting the fundraiser/watching party to help their USAFL Nationals campaign in Austin.Where: Three Sheets Sports Bar 3113 Ross Ave · Dallas. When: Friday night September 30th. 2011
Time: Party starts at 9:00pm (Game time approx. 11pm) Entry: $20 donation
Door Prize: Official AFL Sherrin Football (drawn at 3/4 time)
Three sheets has a great outdoor patio with large screen TV's to show the big game on so get in early and secure a seat! Great pizzas and drinks line up too. Any questions, contact Stuart Rackham on 214 477 3277

Houston, TX, USA
Directions to the party: See Facebook event page 30th September 2011 Starting time of the event: 8:00 pm http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152479014836547

New York, New York, USANY Magpies. Where:Galway Hooker 7 E. 36th St.
When: Friday 30th September. Doors open at 10pm for the pre-game entertainment with the game to follow on a 12'x9' HD projection screen and 14 plasma TV's over 2 floors.
$20 per ticket or 6 for $100 includes live game with sound on all TV’s in the venue (including the big screen), drink specials, prizes, games and giveaways.
Purchase your tickets from www.nyfooty.com. The Galway Hooker has tables available for reservation for groups of 8 or more. To reserve a table after purchasing your tickets online contact Jacqui at the Galway Hooker 212-725-0555.

Tulsa, OK, USATulsa Buffaloes hosting party at McNellie's Pub September 30th at 10:30pm. Who - Tulsa Buffaloes and YOU! What - The AFL Grand Final watch party When - Sept. 30th - 10:30 PM - game starts at 11 PM Where - McNellie's - Upstairs

Fort Lauderdale, FL, USAFt Lauderdale Fighting Squids Aussie Rules Club - Grand Final Party 2011
Friday 30 September, 2011 - 10.30pm til late (Game Time 12.30am)
Venue: Maguire’s Hill 16 Irish Pub, 535 North Andrews Ave. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 Tel: 954-764-4453
Everyone is welcome to join in the fun at South Florida's social event of the year: The AFL Grand Final Party hosted for the 7th year by the famous Fort Lauderdale “Fighting Squids”. Guaranteed fun atmosphere, with 4 large flat screen TV’s.
Entry Donation (helps the footy club): $10 for 2011 members, $20 for guys and free for girls. http://fightingsquids.com or info@fightingsquids.com

EUROPE
Athens, GreeceAthens Sports Bar - Veikou 3A, Kookaki 117-42, Athens.October 1st at 7:30am. The only Aussie Pub in Greece. We'll be doing the traditional sausage sizzle super cheap drinks and a half time kick to kick. LIVE, All ages Ph: +30 210 920 4044 http://www.athenssportsbar.gr/

Stockholm, Sweden:The Liffey Pub Stora Nygatan 40, Gamla Stan (Old town)
Doors open at 6am. 150 SEK for breakfast and beer - payable in advance. Event organisers: Solna Axemen AFC

ASIA
Hong Kong, SAR, ChinaHong Kong Dragons Australian Rules Football Club AFL Grand Final Function.
When: Saturday 1st October 2011 from 11:00am until 4:30pm Where: Harbour View Renaissance, 1 Harbour Road, Wanchai
Cost: HK$500 includes: Lunch including beef and vegetarian lasagne, curries, salad, pies, sausage rolls, hotdogs and dessert. The game LIVE on big screens, door prizes, raffle, cheap beer, wine and soft drinks.
We typically get between 300-400 people to the event and tickets are limited so get in quick to secure yours.
All ages Phone: 6085 5803 or email president@hk-dragons.com website www.hk-dragons.com/
Singapore
Saturday 1st of October 11am to 4pm – Orchard Hotel Grand Ballroom. ANZA members $150 guests $120.
Tickets are limited – contact www.anza.org.sg

REST OF THE WORLD
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Pt Cruz Yacht Club, 2:30pm Saturday 1 October.Restaurant and Bar. Relaxed dress code. Non-member cost is SBD30.00 entrance fee. Contact pcyc@solomon.com.sb

Tel-Aviv, Israel
When: Saturday 1st October 06:30am (game starts @ 07:30am)
Where:Mike’s Place, 86 Herbert Samuel St, Tel-Aviv, 03-510-2686 (opposite the beach, next door to the US Embassy)
Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=251367404900306

In Alberta, Canada. Have been watching whatever I can get on TSN2. Does anyone know if they will be showing the GF? Or any other channel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Alberta, Canada. Have been watching whatever I can get on TSN2. Does anyone know if they will be showing the GF? Or any other channel?

TSN have told the AFL they won't be honouring their contract and showing it live. Will shown on a 12 hour delay instead.

I can't understand why ESPN are not showing this game. The last two weeks the Saturday night game has clashed with Scottish soccer but not this week. (Just realised this is an afternoon game, even less reason for them to not show it.)

I'm pretty confident that it will be on liveafl.tv but it is a terrible website and it never seems to be easy to find the game that is on.

I compalined to ESPN and was told during the finals they only had a contract for one game a week. They said AFL would have an increased presence on ESPN next year. (Will believe it when I see it)
GF will definitely on.

I'll be watching the game here for those in London.

http://www.londonswans.co.uk/

In Calgary the game is being played at Bottlescrew Bills. I heard about TSN not showing it live, did some research they now have it listed on their Schedule for the main TSN channel on friday night. I also called Bottlescrew bills and they said if they can't get it on cable they will subsribe to a broadband stream service like liveafl.tv.

There was a lot of Aussies at Bottlescrew Bills last year and the year before, awesome atmosphere.

ESPN Africa is showing the grand final live from 5am -10am CAT (Cape Town). They are also showing something ("afl content") from 3am to 5am but I have no idea what it is. Needless to say i'll be up watching anyway. Its so rare that I get to watch live football ill watch ANYTHING. Fingers crossed that next season they start showing weekly live games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back