Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to say that if Kurt Tippett can put together a full season of his recent form as a ruckman/forward, then he'll prove his worth to the Swans eventually - 18 disposals per game, 8 marks per game (3.6 contested marks per game), 3 goals per game, 3.6 inside 50s per game, 3.2 clearances per game, 2.6 tackles per game, 2.4 1%ers per game, 15.2 hitouts per game, and a Champion Data Player Ranking Score average of 124.8 over the past five weeks.

Think it'll be a rebuild coming up for us over the next 1-2 years. So expect a fall down the ladder to maybe 5-8th next year and then expect us to load up the year after that when the trade restrictions are lifted.

Need to get Dangerfield, give him $1.5 a season, trump all other bids then have 4 players taking up half the cap, that oughta do the trick :D

Geelong missed the 8 after going out in straight sets last year.

Could it happen again w Sydney?

Retirees, ageing key backs, no ruck. Some decent similarities.

Better midfield should win them enough games on a small SCG though.

Hopefully for the Swans and his own sake, Buddy makes a good recovery and is available next year and into the future. They've loaded up massively at the top end, but there is some relief coming with Tippett's contract finishing next year and Reid as well? If they can get them onto more realistic salaries, that will help.

Needs:
- Ruckman
- 1 (or 2) key defenders. Reid move down back?
- Lance Franklin back to health
- Crumbing forward - Rose?
- Jetta replacement - Mills might fit well here
- Goodes replacement - I think Heeney fits in well there

You can win a flag without fixing all of those problems or with stop gapping them with role players but there are gaps.

They now have a fair trade restriction that reflects that they are still paying more than any other team but allows them to deal a like for a like and the academy will pay huge benefits in the next few years if Mills and Heeney are as good as we think.

Fixing the talls would be the main priority and move to a younger generation through the midfield.

Not sure but the list peaked in 2014, will be a interesting off-season.

It seems like SYndey has been there or about since 2003, so I can't see them down for long if at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of our list is still well in their prime and we blooded a few promising youngsters this year. If we can bring in a ruck and key defender I think we'll do well. Doubt we'll finish lower than 6th.

Still got one of the best midfields going around. Unless there is a mass exodus this off season i can't see is missing the 8 and still should push top 4 again.

Finished 3rd this year after the h&a and were dealt a crap hand just before finals losing parker, jack and buddy which are serious outs. I'd expect them to contend again next year, Heeny is just a ridiculous talent that will just get better and quickly and I beleive they have a couple of guns coming through the academy.

I'm pretty sure Fremantle are the first team since Port in 2001/02 to make the finals after going out in straight sets.
Weren't West Coast in 2007 the only ones between Port and Freo / Geelong last year to go straight sets?

It's rare enough to render it impossible to infer anything. Sydney have a midfield good enough and young enough to be competing for finals.

They get Jack, Parker, Reid and I assume Buddy if he gets over the issues he is having. Out is Goodes, Shaw, probably McGlynn? By the sound of the C7 commentary team Jetta is going back to WA?

Heeney is going to be a superb player, they will get another good academy player this year. I think they just need to rejuvenate a little bit, still have a very good team.

They should go after one of the leaving ruckmen in Luenberger or Smith.

I think they will have to blood a few more players, Towers looks promising but has only played 17 games, Jones 15, Rose 2, Heeney has only played 14, I think it is hard with the Swans style of play to have too many young or inexperienced kids.

it was just a shocking run of luck late in the season which saw all those players drop out and they really didn't have a lot of time to get used to playing with the depth players. I think they will still be up there next year.

Add mills
Get a ruck maybe a defender

Jack parker buddy reid back in and we will push top 4

Expect to be written off like every year since 1996
Who's playing KPD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back