Cars & Transportation Where has the "thank you" wave gone??!?!?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the main situation I was thinking of. Some great guys, such as myself :D, will go out their way by waiting for a long time to let oncoming cars pass. No wave, nothin'
Boo!

This pisses me off massively. If it's a warm day and I've got the window down, I'll wave maniacally out the window just to get their attention and let them know I expected a wave from them.

Because I'm essentially an a-hole.

Was travelling on a dual lane highway yesterday, doing 100km/h and in the right lane about to pass this driver up ahead. Suddenly she drifts across about a wheel length over the middle of the road just as I'm about to go past (not changing lanes, she just lost concentration obviously) and as I'm furiously tooting to alert her while slowing down at the same time, I look to my left and she offers up a stationery hand as a token of apology.

The thank-you wave may have disappeared for some, but it appears the "sorry and thank god I didnt just hit your car because I would have been forking out a lot of money" wave is still alive and well

Was travelling on a dual lane highway yesterday, doing 100km/h and in the right lane about to pass this driver up ahead. Suddenly she drifts across about a wheel length over the middle of the road just as I'm about to go past (not changing lanes, she just lost concentration obviously) and as I'm furiously tooting to alert her while slowing down at the same time, I look to my left and she offers up a stationery hand as a token of apology.

The thank-you wave may have disappeared for some, but it appears the "sorry and thank god I didnt just hit your car because I would have been forking out a lot of money" wave is still alive and well

Post to be continued in the AFS thread?

My faith in humanity has been somewhat restored.

Driving back from voting (so in my local area, is less than a 5 min drive) I...

- was given way to among about 50 billion parked cars on either side of the road- someone had to give way or there'd be a collision. Gave the thank you wave and smile, got a thank you for the thank you wave back.

- neighbour backed out of his house, probably should have given way to me driving thru, i stopped to give way, got the thank you "thumbs up"!

:):thumbsu:

My faith in humanity has been somewhat restored.

Driving back from voting (so in my local area, is less than a 5 min drive) I...

- was given way to among about 50 billion parked cars on either side of the road- someone had to give way or there'd be a collision. Gave the thank you wave and smile, got a thank you for the thank you wave back.

- neighbour backed out of his house, probably should have given way to me driving thru, i stopped to give way, got the thank you "thumbs up"!

:):thumbsu:
You got luckier than me. I voted at Lowther Hall in Essendon- and not one thank you wave was had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all but gone where I live in East Bentleigh (Melbourne). :(
Fair dinkum, I reckon I get a wave about 10% of the time, and, predictably, that's from older people.

Big believer in the thankyou wave.
Always do it when it's needed. Always!

Rare to get a wave in Perth these days....Most people are raging to much over here :)

I need to teach my girlfriend how to do the thank you wave. If someone waves to her or she is waving to someone, her hand leaves the steering wheel and gives a very exaggerated wave, although she doesn't know it's exaggerated. Needs to learn the 'hands-on-steering-wheel finger raise wave'.

Yesterday I was approaching a set of traffic lights and there was a long queue of cars. There was a supermarket carpark entry-exit directly to my left where I was stationary waiting for the green light. A car was waiting to exit from the car park and was heading in the same direction as me. Feeling generous and with quite a lot of cars behind me, I waved her through before me once the light went green and the car in front of me had created space.

Nothing. She stayed there.

So I thought, alright I'll go, put my foot down, all of a sudden she goes to pull out in front of me. I brake, she brakes. We both make eye contact, before i'm like '* it ain't ever helping anyone again' and speed off.

, I waved her through before me once the light went green and the car in front of me had created space.

Nothing. She stayed there.

So I thought, alright I'll go, put my foot down, all of a sudden she goes to pull out in front of me. I brake, she brakes. We both make eye contact, before i'm like '**** it ain't ever helping anyone again' and speed off.

Oh yes, have been there before many times. ****ing shits me to tears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back