Where is Roman Reigns at?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never at any stage said it has to look like a real fight, just saying that a casual or new fan who isn't familiar with wrestling would most likely have trouble finding someone like Daniel Bryan believeable and credible on first assessment, based on his look and demeanour. Obviously as longer-term wrestling fans, we understand how things work a bit better, and know that you can manipulate things to look any way you like, but we're not the only people watching and being catered to.

I'm sorry, but this is a cop out.

I don't think anyone would suggest that they should ignore the fans that they do have so they can make it look more 'real' for the fans that they don't have.

I'm sorry, but this is a cop out.

I don't think anyone would suggest that they should ignore the fans that they do have so they can make it look more 'real' for the fans that they don't have.

I never said they should ignore the fans, just providing possible reasoning as to why they've gone in the direction they have, and why they are pushing Roman.

Could the Internet be a Big Problem as well with People Knowing for up to a year ago that Reigns was a Vince McMahon Favourite and they where going to push to win the 2015 Rumble and Most Likely win the Title at WM 31.

The Push might of even come before now IF he did not get Injured

Think of it this way...

Imagine you're not a wrestling fan. Not because you hate it, or "It's fake!!!", just because you've never really explored it. You're flicking channels, and you come across Raw or SmackDown. You see "guy in the street" Daniel Bryan cutting a promo in his smirking wink-wink "I can't believe I'm following this lame script, because we all know I'm cooler than mainstream wrestling, guys" tone. Are you hooked? Or do are you more drawn in by a living action figure in Roman Reigns, who looks believeable right off the bat to a non-fan, looking and sounding like an action film star? He looks like somebody, not the nerdy vegan I.T. guy at your work.

I disagree. Not everyone thinks this way.

When I first started watching wrestling back in 2004 the people that caught my attention were the cruiserweights and guys like Shawn Michaels, Benoit, Angle, Jericho, Booker T etc because of their amazing ring work and entertaining matches. It was the wrestling that caught my attention, not the way they looked.

Could the Internet be a Big Problem as well with People Knowing for up to a year ago that Reigns was a Vince McMahon Favourite and they where going to push to win the 2015 Rumble and Most Likely win the Title at WM 31.

Probably a factor yeah. But still I doubt people jumping up and down would have minded as much if:

a) Roman appeared ready or to have earned it (with more high profile and impressive singles feuds/matches)
b) Bryan's exit to the Rumble appeared to lead to something else interesting for him. As it was I barely remembered how it happened or who threw him out. Would be some way acceptable if he was to feud with Wyatt but that clearly isn't happening.
c) The second half in general of the Rumble wasn't so pathetically done (Kane and Show meekly dumping more exciting and fresh talent out to no real 'heat', just rolled eyes reaction). The WWE really did Roman no favors in how they booked it no matter where it was held. Was predictable and underwhelming. Also few feuds were started or progressed.

Last edited:
On fans criticizing him for being shoved down their throats:“I’m aware of all of these things. You have to look at it through many different perspectives. For me, as a provider and as a man, I have a responsibility to provide. I can’t look at it like and get down on ‘oh, this is what they’re thinking and this is what they’re saying.’ To be honest I really don’t care. I can only do my thing and do the best that I can. The majority of critics, I would say, are people who have no clue what they’re talking about and have never been in a wrestling ring. They’ve never been a public speaker. They wouldn’t even know how to lock up with me if I allowed them to. If I gave them the opportunity to lock up and tangle with me in the ring, they would have no clue what to do so for them to critique or ever say anything about any performer is asinine and just blows my mind.

Reigns does make a good point by saying majority of the People giving it to him and Knocking Him have never been in the Wrestling Business

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...-backlash-an-excellent-audio-interview-inside

You can't call that TV Show/Movie s**t! Have you ever made a TV show or movie? Have you ever been an actor? How could you know if the TV show is good or not? You aren't qualified to know whether that show/movie is any good. :drunk:

Reigns does make a good point by saying majority of the People giving it to him and Knocking Him have never been in the Wrestling Business

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...-backlash-an-excellent-audio-interview-inside

I read that interview earlier today - he came across as an arrogant prick who couldn't care less about what the fans think.

Hardly a way to endear yourself to a significant section of fans that have already rejected you, and that you should be trying to win back.

Yep my opinion on him has dropped significantly after reading that the other day. At first I didn't care either way (just hated the booking) & felt sorry for him but now I'll likely be enjoying him getting booed out of every building.

Dude comes across as an absolute sack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read that interview earlier today - he came across as an arrogant prick who couldn't care less about what the fans think.

Hardly a way to endear yourself to a significant section of fans that have already rejected you, and that you should be trying to win back.

Yep my opinion on him has dropped significantly after reading that the other day. At first I didn't care either way (just hated the booking) & felt sorry for him but now I'll likely be enjoying him getting booed out of every building.

Dude comes across as an absolute sack.

How much was his actual opinion and how much were WWE bullet points?

Don't post in Collingwood gameday threads this season, you're not allowed to criticise your team because you don't play football.

Well I did get that a bit he was just telling the Fans to Stuff it but He is also right that Fans don’t make Final Calls

Is not a good point at all. And again a number of notable ex superstars and officials (Austin, JR, Madden, etc) have said while they feel for Reigns and think he has all the talent and tools that the rumble and his recent push has been horribly booked.

Also fans are the lifeblood of the industry. Without their responses to him over the years he would not have even been in a position to create the controversy.

The amount of tears is quite amusing, I hope people keep hating him after WM31, will make his WWEWHC run very interesting.

I never piss and moan about wrestling if i'm not enjoying it, I just take a break.

How's about you take a break from posting here then? This is a fan forum for wrestling and we're discussing a large, important event that was booed out of the building for pretty much the second year in a row. You want everyone here behaving like fanboys who can't think for themselves about what they think make sense and want to see?

Far as a break many of the rusted on types and doing so (myself included, WWE network cancelled and I won't even bother wasting dl space on a torrent).

Well I did get that a bit he was just telling the Fans to Stuff it but He is also right that Fans don’t make Final Calls

No but fans make the call to destroy an event and or watch something else. Fair difference between the reaction between the end of WMania last year for Bryan and Rumble this year for Reigns (and last year for Batista).

Last edited:
How's about you take a break from posting here then? This is a fan forum for wrestling and we're discussing a large, important event that was booed out of the building for pretty much the second year in a row. You want everyone here behaving like fanboys who can't think for themselves about what they think make sense and want to see?

Far as a break many of the rusted on types and doing so (myself included, WWE network cancelled and I won't even bother wasting dl space on a torrent).
Whats the point in complaining about something you can't change and you have no control over, I'm assuming you're a grown man, crying makes you look like a child throwing a tantrum.

I didn't like the product a few months ago after the results of a ppv so i took a break, not everyone likes short people that kick, It's obvious WM31 is going to be way more popular and viewed by many more fans than the previous year because people want to see Lesnar vs. Reigns and Triple H vs. Sting.

Whats the point in complaining about something you can't change and you have no control over, I'm assuming you're a grown man, crying makes you look like a child throwing a tantrum.

I didn't like the product a few months ago after the results of a ppv so i took a break, not everyone likes short people that kick, It's obvious WM31 is going to be way more popular and viewed by many more fans than the previous year because people want to see Lesnar vs. Reigns and Triple H vs. Sting.

I may not in the scheme of things but the fans of the WWE in the US who feel the same DO have some control over it or they should. This is what is so stupid about the 'Lol you can't change it just watch and be happy' s**t. The WWE enjoyed their greatest periods of success (mid to late 80s and 99/00) by developing and staying in tune with what the fans wanted.

You're right it does appear we have 'no control' over the product anymore (despite Vince's comments to Austin) and it has been all down hill for the product, it's reception, ratings and the WWE in general as a result.

I may not in the scheme of things but the fans of the WWE in the US who feel the same DO have some control over it or they should. This is what is so stupid about the 'Lol you can't change it just watch and be happy' s**t. The WWE enjoyed their greatest periods of success (mid to late 80s and 99/00) by developing and staying in tune with what the fans wanted.

You're right it does appear we have 'no control' over the product anymore (despite Vince's comments to Austin) and it has been all down hill for the product, it's reception, ratings and the WWE in general as a result.
If the WWE cared about smarks, Cena wouldn't have been a 15 time world champion, i got tired of forcing myself to watch a long time ago..

It feels good to take a break every now and then.

If the WWE cared about smarks, Cena wouldn't have been a 15 time world champion, i got tired of forcing myself to watch a long time ago..

It feels good to take a break every now and then.

Not sure it's about smarks and whatever else you want to call them. They're no different to the people growing to reject the fairly tired technical style of wrestling predominant til Vince and the WWE started promoting larger than life characters. No different to those a decade later who were sick of said characters wanting more edgy, realistic superstars and engaging story lines. Nothing wrong with moving in the direction your audience wants you to in fact when your in the entertainment business it's what you should be doing.

Cena is another good example. He would have been turned heel or had his character revamped if this was late 97 (which there is definitely money in). Instead he maintains his dreadfully stale goody two shoes face persona.

Far as a break I took one for the best part of 12 years after the stupid Austin heel turn, horribly booked invasion angle and predictably squandered NWO story line. Started trying to watch it after WMania last year and have tried to be patient but is very difficult watching the WWE persevere with such lame, inconsistent, insulting s**t.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back