Rumour Where will Steve Johnson play from 2016?

Which Club do you think Steve Johnson could in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
should have dumped bartel instead. Has only played a handful of good games since 2009 grand final but is massively over rated because he won a brownlow and is a 'good bloke'. has been a liability for a few years now
You just sobered up? You had a massive day yesterday, didn't you?

Can't see the Hawks having any need for him. However, he is a delisted player so if he gets the best deal there good luck to him.

If he does this, it will see him removed from my favourite players list, at least for a few years - and he should know this.:mad: I seriously doubt Hawthorn would be interested as they have excellent and younger small and medium forwards and do not really need any 32 year olds there.

I could live with him going to the Dogs or Tigers for a year or two to get it out of his system then come back home to the Cattery for some coaching experience.

Sj said something like.
Not certain. More than likely I'll be playing next year.
Lots more likely than it was 2 weeks ago.

Will a team be 2% better for having him in 2016? Yep.
Will we be 5% weaker? Yep.

Yes. I'm bitter. Call me vcbiggyboy for 2016.

Sj said something like.
Not certain. More than likely I'll be playing next year.
Lots more likely than it was 2 weeks ago.

Will a team be 2% better for having him in 2016? Yep.
Will we be 5% weaker? Yep.

Yes. I'm bitter. Call me vcbiggyboy for 2016.
But BB is a great poster?

I posted my thoughts on the Freo board. I want him at Freo for the next 2 years and here is why: Freo can rotate him up the forward flank, midfield and bench. Freo need another avenue to goal besides Pav, Ballantyne and Walters. Freo are also after Bennell, Jetta and McCarthy. I would play Stevie J over Suban/ De Boer any day of the week. History shows teams need a premiership player in their team to win the Granny. Stevie J and Jetta would fit well at Freo.

I posted my thoughts on the Freo board. I want him at Freo for the next 2 years and here is why: Freo can rotate him up the forward flank, midfield and bench. Freo need another avenue to goal besides Pav, Ballantyne and Walters. Freo are also after Bennell, Jetta and McCarthy. I would play Stevie J over Suban/ De Boer any day of the week. History shows teams need a premiership player in their team to win the Granny. Stevie J and Jetta would fit well at Freo.
I honestly don't thin you need him.

You need two tall options.
Even just Fyfe height. but playing forward.

I honestly don't thin you need him.
You need two tall options.Even just Fyfe height. but playing forward.
Freo should get Stevie J on his finals record alone. As for tall forwards... Freo have chased after cloke, Buddy, Jack Riewoldt and Schulz to no avail. No tall wants to join us. I want McCarthy but GWS would want at least Freos 1st round pick for this season and next season.

Freo should get Stevie J on his finals record alone. As for tall forwards... Freo have chased after cloke, Buddy, Jack Riewoldt and Schulz to no avail. No tall wants to join us. I want McCarthy but GWS would want at least Freos 1st round pick for this season and next season.
The Travelling every 2 weeks would be a big deterrent for a lot of players especially tall guys.

I would have thought Richmond are most likely given Bennel no longer going there*

Swans or Freo could both be a good fit. Hawthorn no chance IMO.

If he does play on I really hope he can find some good form.

*according to abc radio, Tigers may have turned from Bennel when he didn't show up for a meeting with the whole team! Unbelievable lack of commitment if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Travelling every 2 weeks would be a big deterrent for a lot of players especially tall guys.
He will live. I dont mind If he does a Paul Chapman and "rest" 1 game a month. Its unlikely, But If Freo get top 2 and a home Prelim again... he can get a rest along with the middle of the season bye. Freo need a guy like Stevie J despite his age.

He will live. I dont mind If he does a Paul Chapman and "rest" 1 game a month. Its unlikely, But If Freo get top 2 and a home Prelim again... he can get a rest along with the middle of the season bye. Freo need a guy like Stevie J despite his age.
I don't disagree with your ideas about SJ. I was just giving you my opinion on why Freo may have trouble attracting tall players.

I know there are many on this board who think Jimmy Bartel's form did NOT warrant another year's contract and that Stevie J deserved to be kept on. The club must know something we don't and I respect that.

I know there are many on this board who think Jimmy Bartel's form did NOT warrant another year's contract and that Stevie J deserved to be kept on. The club must know something we don't and I respect that.
The club has actually been very transparent about it. They felt Johnson was hindering the team moving forward into the next era (read into that what you will) and they felt Bartel has plenty to offer because of his versatility. These were Hocking's own words.

The club has actually been very transparent about it. They felt Johnson was hindering the team moving forward into the next era (read into that what you will) and they felt Bartel has plenty to offer because of his versatility. These were Hocking's own words.
My feelings on this will depend on the trade period. If it means we get everyone we've chased and possibly more then I'm ok with it.

You also need to have a coach that know's how to come up with a game plan to win a grand final.....

You need more than Stevie J.

Freo are done. I just hope Fyfe sees the Light although that's highly doubtful now.

Lyon has ruined another list.

I liked your post as it was relevant, accurate and respectful.

Now excuse me as I have an unacceptable amount of bile in my throat and need to excrete it.

Pardon.

Go Catters

Last edited:
Do you think just adding more attacking players to the forward line will work or do you actually need to tweak the game plan a bit? Stevie's played in arguably the most aggressively offensive side for his entire career, it'd be interesting to see how he goes in a team like Freo.

You need more than Stevie J.
Freo are done. I just hope Fyfe sees the Light although that's highly doubtful now.
Lyon has ruined another list.
Again, freo are chasing other guys. Rossy Lyon ruining another list? Far from it, we blooded many kids. Backline: Gutted McPharlins gone. Now we put Games into Alex Pearce and Tanner Smith, Brady Grey takes Paul Duffields spot in the half back flank. Midfield: Crowley, Mzungu are probably gone but We put games into Weller, Langdon and Blakely. Forward line is a worry in Replacing Pav hence I hope Freo use their 1st pick on a tall that can play both ends. Freo might trade for Bennell or Jetta as it makes sense with Ballantyne turning 30 next season. We won't get McCarthy at GWS, Mason Shaw at Port or Tom Lee at the saints are likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back