FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

LOVED Carnivale when I watched it a few years ago. Great show.

put me down as another who loved Carnivale during it's all-too-brief run.
I was gutted when it was cancelled, and unfortunately the ending had to be rushed and was unsatisfactory.
Nick Stahl should be in more stuff !

as for what I am watching now, well the usual stuff,

Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusiasm

both far and away my favourites

Game of Thrones - looking forward to more of this

on weeknights, when I can wrestle control of the t.v. from the missus, it's stuff like
the Gruen Transfer
Hamster Wheel (has it's moments, but I find it a bit patchy)
Spicks and Specks (Myf :heart:)
Q.I.

Well I've finished or am up to date with most of the big shows:

Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusuasm
It's Always Sunny
Big Bang Theory
Sons of Anarchy
Mad Men
Louie
Modern Family
Community
Pysch
Parks and Recreation
The League
South Park
Bored to Death
Ricky Gervais Show
30 Rock
Archer
Game of Thrones
Arrested Development
Californication
Friday Night Lights
True Blood
The Wire
Oz

Need to catch up on:
Dexter Season 6
Walking Dead S2
Chuck S5
House S8
An Idiot Abroad
Childrens Hospital
East Bound and Down
Lost S3

Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusuasm
It's Always Sunny
Big Bang Theory
Sons of Anarchy
Mad Men
Louie
Modern Family
Community
Pysch
Parks and Recreation
The League
South Park
Bored to Death
Ricky Gervais Show
30 Rock
Archer
Game of Thrones
Arrested Development
Californication
Friday Night Lights
True Blood
The Wire
Oz

Need to catch up on:
Dexter Season 6
Walking Dead S2
Chuck S5
House S8
An Idiot Abroad
Childrens Hospital
East Bound and Down
Lost S3

How the **** do you find time to watch all that?

Do you sleep?

Currently watching:
An idiot abroad
The walking dead
Boardwalk Empire
Survivor
It's always Sunny
The Office

Just finished:
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Entourage

Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusuasm
It's Always Sunny
Big Bang Theory
Sons of Anarchy
Mad Men
Louie
Modern Family
Community
Pysch
Parks and Recreation
The League
South Park
Bored to Death
Ricky Gervais Show
30 Rock
Archer
Game of Thrones
Arrested Development
Californication
Friday Night Lights
True Blood
The Wire
Oz

Need to catch up on:
Dexter Season 6
Walking Dead S2
Chuck S5
House S8
An Idiot Abroad
Childrens Hospital
East Bound and Down
Lost S3

You're missing Deadwood and CYE. :D

You're missing Deadwood and CYE. :D

Don't Worry, Curb is there!

I am yet to watch Deadwood. I keep postponing it!

And Vinnie Chase, this has been over time, not in the last few months or something. I get to watch Tv while I work so I bring in the hard drive and bust through stuff. Also just watch stuff in bed. I go to bed at 1 or so.

Don't Worry, Curb is there!

I am yet to watch Deadwood. I keep postponing it!

And Vinnie Chase, this has been over time, not in the last few months or something. I get to watch Tv while I work so I bring in the hard drive and bust through stuff. Also just watch stuff in bed. I go to bed at 1 or so.

Oh okay, fair enough. I just went off the title of the thread.

Get on Boardwalk Empire. Doesn't get enough love.

Get on Boardwalk Empire. Doesn't get enough love.

I've just watched the first season and the first three episodes of season two over the past fortnight.

Very enjoyable but there's nothing that's really making me think, "s**t, I need to see the next episode right now".

Well acted (unlike plenty others, I think Buscemi is pretty perfect for the role, he's not a gangster, he's a politician who buys people off and gets others to do the dirty work; Chalky, Rothstein, Richard Harrow and Jimmy have excellent presence on camera and give an immediate lift to every scene they're in), glorious visuals, beautiful period setting and wardrobe, some great lines ("I wasn't gonna kill ya, but you kinda talked me into it" and "these here my daddy's tools") and interesting parables/monologues that provide depth to character but it's just missing something that would elevate it to must-see. Right now, it's a beautiful way to spend an hour of your time.

Not to mention that the storylines involving Margaret and Angela simply aren't as interesting as the storylines involving gangsters and politicians getting s**t done.

I've just watched the first season and the first three episodes of season two over the past fortnight.

Very enjoyable but there's nothing that's really making me think, "s**t, I need to see the next episode right now".

Well acted (unlike plenty others, I think Buscemi is pretty perfect for the role, he's not a gangster, he's a politician who buys people off and gets others to do the dirty work; Chalky, Rothstein, Richard Harrow and Jimmy have excellent presence on camera and give an immediate lift to every scene they're in), glorious visuals, beautiful period setting and wardrobe, some great lines ("I wasn't gonna kill ya, but you kinda talked me into it" and "these here my daddy's tools") and interesting parables/monologues that provide depth to character but it's just missing something that would elevate it to must-see. Right now, it's a beautiful way to spend an hour of your time.

Not to mention that the storylines involving Margaret and Angela simply aren't as interesting as the storylines involving gangsters and politicians getting s**t done.

I know what you mean, it's no Breaking Bad, but it's still one of the best shows out there IMO.

The second season, whilst moving kind of slow, is building nicely and i think the last 2/3 episodes will be quality.

Agree with the comments about Rothstein/Chalky, but i would like to see more Capone, and that storyline moved forward a bit more.

I'm also not to interested in the love triangle thats happening either. Although i could see it leading to some serious s**t going down with Nucky, which could be interesting and brutal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Started Breaking Bad 2-3 weeks ago. Have 2 eps left to watch in s04.
- Person of Interest [2011] season 1.
- Frozen Planet [2011]

Thinking of getting into Treme and Nikita. Been meaning to watch Dollhouse for a while. Saving The Shield and Dexter for Summer.

What's Mad Men like? I watched the first episode the other day and it seemed good, but I don't want to be downloading a huge file if the rest falls off.

What's Mad Men like? I watched the first episode the other day and it seemed good, but I don't want to be downloading a huge file if the rest falls off.
Mad Men is the most boring, overrated piece of crap on TV. Happy to have helped :thumbsu:

Have seen all of or the latest of:
30 Rock (over it)
Arrested Development
Boardwalk Empire
Boston Legal
Breaking Bad
Breakout Kings (1 season)
Carpoolers (1 season)
Community
Dexter
Entourage
Game of Thrones
Harper's Island (1 season)
Heroes
Homeland
House
Las Vegas
Lie To Me
Life on Mars (1 season)
Lost
Mad Men
Modern Family
Nip/Tuck
Parks & Recreation
Person of Interest
Prison Break
Punk'd
Revenge
Seinfeld
Sons of Anarchy
Spartacus
Supernatural
Terra Nova (such a let down)
The Inbetweeners
The Office US
The Walking Dead
True Blood

Need to catch up on:
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Top Gear (seen the last 6 seasons)
Eureka (pretty over it)
Skins (seen first 2 seasons but over it)

Plan on watching:
The Wire
Boss

Got some other shows on the hard drive but they can wait. You might say I have a bit of time on my hands :rolleyes:

Watching now:
Outrageous Fortune (NZ) - Season 3
Person of Interest - Season 1
An Idiot Abroad - Season 2
The Walking Dead - Season 2
Frozen Planet

Next up:
Dollhouse - Season 1
Rome - Season 1
The Shield - Season 1

Just recently finished Outrageous Fortune (6 seasons), An Idiot Abroad (2 seasons) and The Playboy Club (only lasted 3 episodes).

Continuing to watch Person of Interest S1 and have started on Dollhouse S1.

Plan to re-watch The Walking Dead S1 and Game of Thrones S1 before getting into S2 of both. Also want to check out Danger 5, Tremé, Awake, Dead Like Me, Terminator TSCC, ...

Bigger commitments to come include all of The Shield, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy and Rescue Me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back