10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
[mod edit]

To revisit who our fall guy predictions were at the start of the year, see the thread here

[/mod edit]

2012 -Simon Buckley
2013 -Jordan Russell
2014- ???

So every year there is always one player that cops the wrath of the fanbase more than others.

I dont think anyone can dispute that Russell was garbage last year and copped it (possibly from being an ex Carlton player)

Thinking this season Q stick or Armstrong?

Thoughts?
Taylor Adams thus far. Although Young probably up there with Armstrong biggest whipping boy for being recruited this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Lumumba.

Actually, he's in the hall of fame. Keeps racking up points in most games but tends to be overshadowed by higher profile fall guys like Young and Blair. I would argue that most posters would Young and Blair to be good blokes, although they might hate to see them playing seniors. I dont think Heritier gets accorded such luxuries. Whether he's done enough to warrant fall guy of the season is debatable. I think Young would win the prize because he comes from another club...

Brodie Grundy. Unfair I know and I still have heaps of confidence he will be a really good player. But his maturity of last year has lacked this season. Gives away too many silly free kicks and cant mark/kick very well.

Brodie tries to physically assert himself a little too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blair, shadow of his 2011-12 self when he was a good footballer, now he annoys me whenever hes named in the 22.

Adams seems to be mine now... I know it's harsh with him being new at the club but jeez I was expecting a lot more and his turnovers just make me want to smash the TV. I'm praying this will change big time next year so I can go back to Goldsack.

Surely the fall guy at this stage is Jesse White. For all that Taylor Adams and Clinton Young do wrong on match day at least they dig deep and put their bodies on the line. Jesse White has shown nothing of the form that made us want him, hell at this stage I'd offer him back to the swans with a 3rd round draft pick and want nothing in return hoping, nay praying, they would accept it.

Thread has come at an interesting time given that one of our biggest fall guys has just retired.

Buckley is Chief Grand Poobah Fall Guy this year without a doubt.

But he should be, that's why he gets paid the big Bucks :oops:

Davoren, as others have mentioned is definitely a candidate ... unfairly, IMO, none of us really have no idea whether he is doing a good job or a bad job. Our injuries don't seem to be any worse than the last two years (at least that dastardly run of ACL's has ended). He's been with the club for less than a year, not sure how much impact he would have had on player fitness.

Lumumba is another strong candidate. He cops harsh treatment - and TBH, I get as frustrated as any about how he is so predictable. But IIRC in a recent survey of players he was ranked around third in their Copeland predictions :confused:

Blair hate has got me stumped.

Young is a victim of his crimes being so visible. A goal is always worth 6 points, no matter when it's scored in the game. But fans will always focus on a goal scored / missed at the end of the game.

Swan has been copping it a bit, but I supposed that'll settle down now that it's been acknowledged he's been injured.

Adams has been targeted, a bit unfairly IMO for a young player. Sometimes you'd think he was Simon Buckley or something with the way people talk about him.

White hate seems to be a bit extreme. Yeah, he hasn't been playing well for the last couple months. Some would say he hadn't been playing well all year, but that's not right. I think the White hate has been amplified by frustration with Lynch not working out, Reid being out, and expecting White to fill the void.

Is there anybody who isn't a fall guy at the club? It's a wonder we're in the 8!!

Last edited:
I think Bucks is at the moment. After that it would be Young and Blair. Adams and Swan on and off copping it, but in my mind Swan gets a free pass.

They should make this a club award presented at Copeland night with a trophy and honors board and all...

CFC Club Whipping Boy

2010 Josh Fraser
2011 Chris Dawes
2012 Simon Buckley
2013 Jordan Russell
2014 At the moment it's a 17 way tie between numerous players and club officials with more likely to come into contention soon... most even season in years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back