Who is the most frustrating team to follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Time opens new wounds though Wild Bill.. ;)

"But did you get to hold the Premiership Cup in your hands without another person standing close by waiting to take it off you the next minute??"

:D:p:D

My favourite comeback line to those gloating fans of recent year premiership teams.. most are literally SPEECHLESS!! :straining:

Comeback line?

Some comeback!

;)

Every team is frustrating to support.
Thats because we love our clubs and if they dont preform to expectation it becomes frustrating.
The level of frustration = the level of expectation which has failed.

Frustration is an emotion. Therefore it is subjective. Therefore you cannot imagine how another person feels about their team. Therefore the only meaningful responses in this thread are those where a person suggests that following their own team is frustrating. As to the magnitude of that frustration, that's subjective as well, but you cannot support, say, Melbourne, like the OP, then suggest that North are the most frustrating team. How could you possibly know? You can presume that a North supporter might be frustrated, but that counts for nothing.

Adelaide because you'd probably live in Adelaide
Brisbane because you'd be lion if you said you could bear the current squad
Carlton because they are terrible and have a terrible near future
Collingwood as I like having all my teeth, no tattoos & a lack of a criminal record
Essendon because (nope, too easy)
Fremantle because they have never won, & will never win a flag
Geelong because they are a 2 man team
Gold Coast because if you live up there all you'd hear about were the bronco rabbito sea dragons or whatever in thugby league
GWS because you'd like more than 20 people at home games
Hawthorn because you'd be with lots of bandwagonners wearing baby poo & wee colours
Melbourne because they lost to Essendon, Essendon retirement home & day care!
North Melbourne because their young rookie is the 58 year old Brent Harvey
Port Power because they are the bogan version of Adelaide who are already bogan to the max!
Richmond because they can beat anybody (except in finals), & can & will lose to anybody, any time
St Kilda because they have 1 flag in 120 years, & look like getting one more (if they are lucky) in the next 120 years
Sydney because your team would exist in the only city in Australia more ambivalent towards sport than London.
Western Bulldogs because you could live in the Adelaide type suburb of Melbourne, in Sunshine or similar.
West coast because you'd be associated with he worst group of supporters in the land (bf posters excepted)

Joking:p:p:p

Adelaide because you'd probably live in Adelaide
Brisbane because you'd be lion if you said you could bear the current squad
Carlton because they are terrible and have a terrible near future
Collingwood as I like having all my teeth, no tattoos & a lack of a criminal record
Essendon because (nope, too easy)
Fremantle because they have never won, & will never win a flag
Geelong because they are a 2 man team
Gold Coast because if you live up there all you'd hear about were the bronco rabbito sea dragons or whatever in thugby league
GWS because you'd like more than 20 people at home games
Hawthorn because you'd be with lots of bandwagonners wearing baby poo & wee colours
Melbourne because they lost to Essendon, Essendon retirement home & day care!
North Melbourne because their young rookie is the 58 year old Brent Harvey
Port Power because they are the bogan version of Adelaide who are already bogan to the max!
Richmond because they can beat anybody (except in finals), & can & will lose to anybody, any time
St Kilda because they have 1 flag in 120 years, & look like getting one more (if they are lucky) in the next 120 years
Sydney because your team would exist in the only city in Australia more ambivalent towards sport than London.
Western Bulldogs because you could live in the Adelaide type suburb of Melbourne, in Sunshine or similar.
West coast because you'd be associated with he worst group of supporters in the land (bf posters excepted)

Joking:p:p:p

Ouch

In reality this depends on how long you've supported Richmond, I get frustrated yes but it's tempered by having grown up during a time that they were regularly winning flags, I would imagine it is starting to get equally frustrating supporting Freo, who are probably the only newly created team that didn't get a bucket load of concessions to help them win their first flag.

Finally someone from outside Freo has recognised this.

To be honest it actually makes me more angry than frustated though as very few people know the start of the Fremantle story.

Crows... cos we should have had at least 3 more premierships under our belt. 1993, 2005 and 2006.

I don't understand how this is even a question.

It's richmond.

The dogs, saints and melbourne may have had very long waits since their last (and only flags in 2 cases) but there have been sustained periods of relative success in there or in melbournes case you just know they are going to be s**t so can handle it. Richmond make you feel like they are a team of stars and beat premiership favourites regularly yet every single year they lose games from positions no other team could lose from and even if they make the finals they laughably never win one and choke once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

62 years since Footscray won a flag and some flogs think it is frustrating to follow Adelaide :rolleyes:

Balances out, Crows had no right to win 97,98
Bit like Hawks had no right to win 08. but you cant fluke back to back flags... 1 you can but not back to back. I still find it frustrating to follow the crows.. 18 years now since our last flag..

Any of Dogs, Saints, Dees or Tiges would be the most frustrating for various reasons of failure, whether it be losing in crunch finals games contributing to long premiership droughts, or just plain consistent shitness like what the Dees have shown the last ten years + their premiership drought too.

Perhaps Freo in due course also could be added here.

Bit like Hawks had no right to win 08. but you cant fluke back to back flags... 1 you can but not back to back. I still find it frustrating to follow the crows.. 18 years now since our last flag..
You thoroughly deserved to win 97, you had the best defence that year and finished 4th and beat the other top 5 teams along the way to the flag, an astonishing effort at the right time of the season. Dogs fans say we should've won that year but we didn't deserve it looking in hindsight, we played 3 quarters of footy not 4 that game and you lot ran the game out better. Libba had that point, but we kicked 7 behinds that quarter, we didn't take our chances.

98 no you didn't deserve it, you were lucky at the second chance saloon by losing first week after a 6th placed finish and took full advantage of it, North choked when it mattered (think they were horrific in front of goal that day IIRC).

If Carlton won 99 they wouldn't have deserved it either imo, they got a home semi final where WCE weren't given one due to the stupid MCG contract saying one final had to be played at the G every week. Though when you look at WCEs 1992 win that wasn't deserved imo, the McIntyre 6 had a massive flaw where the highest ranked first week winner from 3rd-5th played a 2nd semi against the winner of the top 2 qualifying final the next week. So potentially 3rd-5th could be eliminated that first week, or they could be playing off for a grand final spot the week after.

Think the system is far better and fairer now, but yeah, that 97 win was well and truly deserved. I was shattered as a kid walking out of the ground but that's footy. Its easily the greatest September performance of the modern era imo.

Difference is, Hawthorn actually made the Grand Final and your lot cooked it in the years you mentioned. You were a formidable team in the mid-00s until the finals rolled around

Any of Dogs, Saints, Dees or Tiges would be the most frustrating for various reasons of failure, whether it be losing in crunch finals games contributing to long premiership droughts, or just plain consistent shitness like what the Dees have shown the last ten years + their premiership drought too.

Perhaps Freo in due course also could be added here.
But your mob is exhilarating at the mo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back