Why Rusling could be our secret weapon come finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rusling can run fast in a straight line and has a ridiculous vertical jump. He kicks ok for goal too. But he was easily our worst at ground level when he played, was poor defensively, and needs to play FF with no CHF in front to be effective (see the PA game).

I think the same thing, when i first saw him a couple of years ago i was excited about him, but know im not sure, after watching him last year i thought he was too much of a one trick pony, that is lead and mark and then he didnt have much after that. e.g ground level, and teams just drowd his space and he was stuffed. IMO Egan offers more than him

This is nothing against the kid as he has great phsyical attributes and could turn into a good player, im not 100% sure but dont think he has even had a full pre season yet.

I wouldnt be pinning our hopes on him having an impact ths year, thats all
hope i get proved wrong in the future though and he does become a good player.

I can't believe how much love Rusling is still getting when Egan seems to have been written off (after showing much more than Rusling ever did). Rusling can run fast in a straight line and has a ridiculous vertical jump. He kicks ok for goal too. But he was easily our worst at ground level when he played (Rocca included), was poor defensively, terrible decision maker (think Medhurst) and needs to play FF with no CHF in front to be effective (see the PA game).

I agree..
I think Rus + Egan in the same boat...
Ordinary at best:(

I still have faith in Sean Rusling.
Surely he would be a more viable option than Ben Reid if he was fit by the finals.

Rusling , quick on a lead , nice jump , attacks the ball well.
Also poor at ground level , too reactive , big slow turning circle.
I've never seen him as a great chaser , because often he is still contemplating what has just happened while the backman is fleeing.
There is definite scope for improvement , especially with the rise of Travis Cloke taking off pressure , but he really needs to improve his agility.

Egain is also a flairy squib , but he is anything but ordinary , he'd be a much more dangerous flanker than Medhurst at the minute , probably Didak too, but he needs to at least start attempting to do the less flashier things required of an AFL footballer.

Rusling , quick on a lead , nice jump , attacks the ball well.
Also poor at ground level , too reactive , big slow turning circle.
I've never seen him as a great chaser , because often he is still contemplating what has just happened while the backman is fleeing.
There is definite scope for improvement , especially with the rise of Travis Cloke taking off pressure , but he really needs to improve his agility.

Egain is also a flairy squib , but he is anything but ordinary , he'd be a much more dangerous flanker than Medhurst at the minute , probably Didak too, but he needs to at least start attempting to do the less flashier things required of an AFL footballer.

Correct summary i think...
But you forgot to add Egan's as lazy as a couch

How does Rusling compare to the likes of Hawthorn's Williams to you guys? I see similarities. Obviously Rus wouldn't be as good a set shot, few are. But Williams isn't awesome yet gets the job done consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back