Opinion Will Pies lose a lot of members in 2015? (Poll added)

Which turnstile are you passing through ...?

• 2014: ain't member, and won't be signing up for 2015 either

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • 2014: ain't member, but WILL be signing up for 2015

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 2014: am member, but I'm NOT renewing for 2015

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 2014: am member, and WILL remain a member in 2015

Votes: 60 70.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading on Footy Forums and hearing what people say at the Games.

I reckon there be tons of Fans are not going to Re-New there Memberships.

Reason I hear are:

- They hate the GameDay Expereince with stiff like Dance Troupe, Get Loud Crap and the Stupid Kiss Cams and Co

- People think the Under Buckley we will just keep going Backwards

- Think lot of our Players are Hacks and Stupid Players

I will still Re-New my Membership because I still back the team to turn it around and I just love going to the Footy.

I started going to Footy Regurley in 2005 when we where down the bottom and had Injuries bit like we had this year. We went from 2nd Last to 6th in Year.

Reading on Footy Forums and hearing what people say at the Games.

I reckon there be tons of Fans are not going to Re-New there Memberships.

Reason I hear are:

- They hate the GameDay Expereince with stiff like Dance Troupe, Get Loud Crap and the Stupid Kiss Cams and Co

- People think the Under Buckley we will just keep going Backwards

- Think lot of our Players are Hacks and Stupid Players

I will still Re-New my Membership because I still back the team to turn it around and I just love going to the Footy.

I started going to Footy Regurley in 2005 when we where down the bottom and had Injuries bit like we had this year. We went from 2nd Last to 6th in Year.
Dave, if people are such fair weather supporters that they are happy to jump off at the first sign of difficult times then as far as I'm concerned, good riddance.

It's probable, if we have a poor start to 2015. What is also likely is downgagueing of membership category. I would think there is potential for softness in membership revenue next season, but they would probably know that by now. I assume they are seeing early straws in the wind on this one. One likely reason for Ed's upcoming member heart to heart.

So we have a bunch of bandwagon supporters? Good riddance to them.

Dave, 80,000 was never sustainable. It was the halo effect of June premiership. A more sustainable level is 60,000. If the club factored in 80,000 members per year over the lean years, then they're almost guilty of mismanagement.

Poor fixturing and a worsening game day experience all add to the departures too. Pay TV cost isn't too much more than the game day cost too, once you factor in travel, food and time.

Dave, 80,000 was never sustainable. It was the halo effect of June premiership. A more sustainable level is 60,000. If the club factored in 80,000 members per year over the lean years, then they're almost guilty of mismanagement.

Poor fixturing and a worsening game day experience all add to the departures too. Pay TV cost isn't too much more than the game day cost too, once you factor in travel, food and time.

I think it could be more around to 40 000 would be next year but I could be wrong

Good, they can piss off. I hate fair weather fans of our club more than the loyal supporters of other clubs. (Not that I really hate other clubs supporters but just for the sake of this argument, you all get my point)

So they should. Club should learn there lesson for having more expensive membership fees than other clubs.

Hawthorn on average has $100 cheaper membership prices than us
Essendon is still cheaper even though they play at Etihad
Melbourne, Carlton, Saints and North are cheaper...

The thing that really annoys me is Hawthorns membership prices. :mad:

I won't be a member next season but that is because I am moving overseas.

Will try and watch every game if I can find out how.

I won't be a member next season but that is because I am moving overseas.

Will try and watch every game if I can find out how.

Why you Moving overseas?

That is fair enough - I mean the People who can go who just say F**K it the Team is going backwards and I don’t trust Bucks. So I am not going and buying a Membership

Why you Moving overseas?

That is fair enough - I mean the People who can go who just say F**K it the Team is going backwards and I don’t trust Bucks. So I am not going and buying a Membership

Work, might try get one of those international memberships if they still exist.

I think it could be more around to 40 000 would be next year but I could be wrong

Nah. I still think even with a bad start they will end up somewhere close to 70,000. What would concern them more is people downgrading from say social club to normal, not taking reserved seating memberships, etc. Will be telling if for example Legends isnt fully subscribed next season. Its a costly package, if a GF is off the table a lot would look to drop it. The economy has taken the gas, people will be managing their budgets and its an easy saving to make.

Work, might try get one of those international memberships if they still exist.

I know the bombers have an international package... Gets you the AFL live pass stream for PC, discounts and so on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will lose a lot of money from memberships. Not making finals we lose money.
It's a big business.

And with this stupid $500,000 tax the hawks, us and the eagles are getting. Club wont too much money this year :(

I had a sook in the match thread but I'll stay a member. It annoys me how the club treats us year in year out fans with the 3 game crap but ultimately I support the players and jumper not the suits.

I had a sook in the match thread but I'll stay a member. It annoys me how the club treats us year in year out fans with the 3 game crap but ultimately I support the players and jumper not the suits.
Same here but I can totally understand people who chose to show the vote of no confidence in the Club's direction by choosing not to renew.

I'll be signing up next year, no doubt about it..

What don't you like about the 3 game membership? It's just all about getting people who wouldnt normally buy a membership, to get one and then hopefully the sign up for 22 games next year. It doesn't bother me at all.

I hate the game day experience at the moment, i think bucks isn't the man for the job and i think we have a lot of hacks that consistently get games... but I'm renewing my membership lol I still support the club.... just don't agree with some of its choices at all

Buckley is to blame for all of this. I hope it's coming out of his pocket...

I'm not happy with how Bucks coaches at the moment but he is not to blame fully.

I dont think he organises those stupid dancers or the "get loud" thing. That is what drives crowds away as well as the ponsford stand taking up a good chunk of the ground.

That said, the results right now do not exactly attract crowds...

Nah. I still think even with a bad start they will end up somewhere close to 70,000. What would concern them more is people downgrading from say social club to normal, not taking reserved seating memberships, etc. Will be telling if for example Legends isnt fully subscribed next season. Its a costly package, if a GF is off the table a lot would look to drop it. The economy has taken the gas, people will be managing their budgets and its an easy saving to make.
I have a Reserved Seat Membership and I will Keep it:D

Back