SA Winds up to 110km predicted in region of Adelaide Hills Bushfire

Remove this Banner Ad

i got in trouble taking a patient off the hospital grounds across the road and into the pub for a drink and flutter. so the next day we went to the shopping center and screwed in the disabled toilet.

tumblr_inline_ndgyimv8q71see345.gif

Paracombe road/chapman road is where they're putting up a fight to stop it getting into tea tree gully. Some units are having to pull out because of houses with ammunition in them have burnt down, ammo going off. Units requesting immediate assistance
Yeah a mate said he experienced this with a shed with ammo.

Inglewood and Houghton will be put in a much worse position if it crosses. Rain has just started falling at Main North Road near Hillbank.

I was at hope valley yesterday. Not because i wasspectating, but id returned home from victoria and i saw a new home being built with nothing but huge treas around it bordering some nat veg leading to haughton. Why are e so dumb. We have disasters and we continue to make the same mistakes. We either build elsewhere or build fireproof homes.

. Why are we so dumb.

:oops:

The permangk, who owned them hills (southern mt lofties) before forced out by the British, cooked on bon fires all years round.

Preventing fires like these were a priority to them. No evacuation shelters, no gov assistance, insurance claims if they screwed up.

Fires like these would spell the end of their civilization.

:oops:

The permangk, who owned them hills (southern mt lofties) before forced out by the British, cooked on bon fires all years round.

Preventing fires like these were a priority to them. No evacuation shelters, no gov assistance, insurance claims if they screwed up.

Fires like these would spell the end of their civilization.
I did read this in cooks diaries about how the land on arrival was filled with sweeping grassland hills. And we let it roam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fire at Tantanoola in SA's southeast contained. Hastings fire downgraded to 'watch and act.' Rain has eased the threat of the Moyston blaze.

Scum

Seen a guy in a white button up shirt with badges on the sleeves that had the words 'Fire Bash' possibly with other smaller font words. Looked a bit like a Security Officer uniform. Wanted unopened bottles of water or sports drinks (no soft drink) and donations. Was not carrying a clipboard or anything that would provide receipts like you would normally see with people doing that activity.

The comments on the CFS facebook post regarding the door knocker paint a pretty embarrassing picture of South Australian facebook users.

EMERGENCY WARNING FOR A BUSHFIRE BURNING UNDER SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS
CFS advises that a serious bushfire is burning out of control at Sampson Flat in the Mount Lofty Ranges near One Tree Hill, Humbug Scrub, Millbrook Reservoir, Kersbrook, Gumeracha, Birdwood and Mount Crawford Forrest.
The SAMPSON FLAT fire is travelling in a very erratic manner and is burning freely in all direction towards Upper Hermitage, Chain of Ponds, the Warren and Cromer areas and the Townships of Inglewood, Houghton, Cuddlee Creek, Lower Hermitage, Forreston, Lobethal, Mount Torrens, Charleston, Williamstown, Woodside, Lenswood, Mt Pleasant. There is a risk to lives and homes.
The uncontrolled fire is burning in Scrub.
Check and follow your bushfire survival plan. Take shelter when the fire arrives and protect yourself from the fires heat.
Only leave now if the path is clear to a safe place.
You should not enter this area as the roads may not be safe.
Well prepared and actively defended homes can offer safety.
Stay tuned to this radio station on a battery-powered radio for updates.
For information about bushfires, check the CFS website www.cfs.sa.gov.au or call the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1300 362 361.
Repeating, CFS advises that a serious bushfire is burning out of control at Sampson Flat in the Mount Lofty Ranges near One Tree Hill, Humbug Scrub, Millbrook Reservoir, Kersbrook, Gumeracha, Birdwood and Mount Crawford Forrest.

Any updates on inglewood, houghton etc. I'm Vista/Tea Tree Gully way, I haven't had the strong smokey smell for a few hours, I was woken up by it wofting through the house this morning

Any updates on inglewood, houghton etc. I'm Vista/Tea Tree Gully way, I haven't had the strong smokey smell for a few hours, I was woken up by it wofting through the house this morning

I think that the fire is moving in the opposite direction. As in its moving easterly whilst that area that you speak of is to its west. I would stay alert obviously but for this very moment I think you're okay

Tea tree gully boarding Kennel and cattery went up. 40 dogs were evacuated (about half) no cats survived. This time of year is its busiest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back