Votes: 10 12.7%

Votes: 12 15.2%

Votes: 14 17.7%

Votes: 20 25.3%

Votes: 8 10.1%

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it set’s up a Possible Reigns vs Rollins Feud where I do think in 3 Months Reigns will be Champion.

Can’t see Rollins having a Long Time as Champion

I want pics.
:D

J0bVo18.jpg

I ended up giving it a 5.

My problem wasn't with the matches - the matches were ok. My problem was with the booking.

- The tag match was good, and it was the right result - no complaints.
- The Battle Royal was the cluster that they usually are, so no complaints there. But huge complaints about the winner.
- No complaints with the ladder match either. Apart from that nasty Ambrose spot, it seemed safe, but was still entertaining, and assuming they don't book him like every other IC champ of the last 5 years, it was the right winner.

But then it went downhill.

- The Orton/Rollins match was ok. But why have Rollins lose when he's cashing in that night? What did Orton achieve by winning, and why did he need that win?
- I thought the overbooking of Sting vs HHH was a bit of a slap in the face for Sting. Yeah, there were some mark out moments, but 1) Sting was working well enough that he didn't need the 'cover', 2) the fact that we know all about the Kliq made it nonsensical, and 3) where was Flair? He has history with Sting, HHH and HBK - that would've really capped it off. And again, the wrong result.
- I thought the divas match was good. It was very well put together, and they certainly didn't suck.
- The Rusev entry might be the coolest thing I've seen at WM. But as I ranted some 30 pages ago, I'm so sick of monsters being built up for Cena to beat. He didn't need that win, Rusev did.
- The Rock/Rousey stuff was a pretty cool moment - but it really, really, really didn't need 25 minutes to tell that story. It could've been done in 10.
- I could say similar things to Wyatt - the keep building him up strong, but Ambrose is the only feud he's ever won. The notion that working with Undertaker is the rub in and of itself is bullshit - he lost to an old man that wrestles once a year.
- The first half of the Main Event was booked ok - I liked that they were having Reigns taking a hell of a beating and kept on coming back for more. But again, I think it's nonsensical that you can cash in mid-match and not even have to pin the champ. You get to cash in on the champ - not on the guy who is wrestling the champ. The brevity of the post match also disappointed me. The show was obviously running long, but I like to see a little more from the champ celebrating at the end of the biggest show of the year.

As I said previously, you can't claim that your lack of new stars is anything to do with some alleged brass ring when you get to the biggest show of the year and refuse to put any of your new stars over.

So my 5 out of 10 feels a little generous - but I feel the in-ring work was good enough that I couldn't give it any less.

What did Orton achieve by winning, and why did he need that win?
He got his revenge. Feud is over now, no need to chase the revenge win. Seth and Randy can now focus on different things.
The show was obviously running long, but I like to see a little more from the champ celebrating at the end of the biggest show of the year.
He just basically stole the title from one of the baddest men on the planet. Would you be staying in the ring to celebrate?

and now for the rest of the show, i didn't hate it too much watching it but the more I think about it the more it annoys me.

Pre show was good, the tag team match resembled a circus rather than a wrestling match but that's okay for what it was. The battle royal was really good and it was probably my third or fourth favourite match of the night.

The opener was the worst ladder match I've ever seen. If anybody remembers a worse WWE ladder match let me know. It was disgustingly bad. One good suplex and one good powerbomb, that was the match. Without a doubt the most ant-climatctic end to a ladder match. If Ziggler and D-Bry are such great wrestlers how did they come up with a such a shithouse finish?

Orton Rollins was okay but it was never ever going to be good because you had Orton beat up Rollins every week. If we see Orton destroy Rollins week in-week out I don't really care if he does it again at wrestlemania. I've been conditioned to know that Randy is far superior to Rollins even with J&J's help. Heell he beat all three of them in a handicap match on the last epsidode of Raw. The DDT to J&J and the RKO saved this match. Rollins made Orton look really good. If we get that Orton every week I'd love him.

Triple H vs Sting was pretty underwhelming. Sting should've come out second. Trying to sneak in the whole No DQ thing through Garcia's announcing was poor too. That's the sort of thing you do weeks out to y'know, build the bloody match up!! Would've liked more wrestling before the match broke down. The DX thing worked well and the NWO was okay but it didn't really make any sense. I mean firstly, all the NWO are WWE guys which has been established on screen many times. Secondly, the NWO are bitter rivals to Sting, unlike DX and Triple H, why not use true WCW guys like DDP, Booker T and Flair. Booker T and Flair were already incorporated storyline wise into the match so it made much more sense than a kliq/nwo reunion. Thee half sledgehammer at the end was awful. I'm not furious that Triple H won but I am pretty annoyed. The way Stingwas winning early made me really mad. Triple H should've never been involved with Sting in the first place but what benefeit is there to have him win? Particularly given you had all those guys ringside he could've easily lost to a dirty pin and his credibility wouldn't be harmed. Also the handshake at the end made no sense.. Triple H's character lackls all continuity and logic at this point but I'll get to that later.

Between the divas and the signing, my God that was a long intermission

Rusev vs Cena was every single bit as awful as I expected it to be. I hated the whole match. Alot of weird s**t happened like Lana throwing her shoes. Like why did that happen? It was just disgraceful but I had already resigned to the fact it was going to happen so I didn't care. At this point it's funny how badly Cena burys everything. Cena breaking the Accolade, pinning Rusev and the Wyatt match after, perfectly sums up how Cena has ruined wrestling. Entrances were the best thing about this match.

Ronda Rousey thing was okay but went on way too long. Firstly why did Triple H need to be out for this? Why doesn't he sell the fact he was in a match where he was hit by a bat and took Sting's finishers? Why does Triple H go from fun-lovinng DX, to shaking Sting's hand to then badmouthing Sting and being corporate Triple H? The character has no seamless transition, he just chops and changes from one segment to the next and we're supposed to just accept it. He's an impossible character to follow. I'm so confused by him. He really needs to go away for a while and think up a logical character that acts in consistent ways.

Undertaker vs Wyatt would've been good if there was a storyline built up before hand. It was the best match they could've had without a storyline but guess what, this is pro wrestling and you need a story to get invested. Undertaker looked great, ride on warrior.

Main event was really good but I thought it was a little subdued by the cheap finish. Was just a little to confusing, messy and clustered to make a really good job of it. I graded this PPV a 5 but going through it again it really annoyed me quite a bit. Apart from the ladder match the wrestler's get an A for effort but the stories and suspense was just lacking tonight. Judging it based on wrestlemania standars it's a 3 or 4 at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mates and I agreed it was better than last year's mania but that really isn't saying much. There was really only one big match worth considering a match worthy of being wrestlemania calibre and that's only if you are being generous. I can't think of a match on that card that would be considered 'match of the night' on any other wrestlemania apart from wrestlemania 30

The worst part about the rusev match wasnt him losing. The evil foreigner vs patriotic american blow off is only going to end one way, and it wasnt even a 100% clean win. The worst part for the future of rusev was the post match angle which seemed to be the beginning of the end of the rusev/lana pairing. Losing to cena his hardly a death sentance, but taking lana from the act very nearly is.

I say Rollins finish works good for everyone.

Brock does not get Pinned.

Reigns looks strong where he Speared Brock and Could of Won.

Rollins Cash’s in and Setting up a Feud with Reigns

Well the ending was a big shock. I was firmly in the "Rollins will never be champion because n00dz" camp. Easily the highlight of the show. Seeing a first time winner is cool. Now he has to be careful he doesn't become The Miz ;)

Ladder match - Entertaining as a spotfest. Daniel Bryan entrenched in the midcard... whether that's good depends on your perspective.

Orton-Rollins - I liked it. Felt zippy.

Triple H-Sting - Absolutely atrocious. Don't want to see these hasbeens and their hasbeen run-in pals again. I won't be that lucky.

Divas - Who cares?

Rusev-Cena - Passable I suppose, for what it was. Been obvious for weeks Cena would win so I was more interested in reading this thread.

Sunday Night Raw promo - Apparently The Rock's pal is famous in MMA. I don't really care. Triple H out again in his suit made his earlier match more of a joke and Sting look dumb for shaking his hand.

Wyatt-Undertaker - Undertaker looked the part but was pretty slow. Wyatt should have won.

Lesnar vs Reigns (vs Rollins) - Happy the crowd hated Reigns! Match was okay for a guy getting beat up. Then Rollins zomg@!

Sunshine - Not ideal.

6 out of 10.

Back