WrestleMania XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

The looks on the faces of the fans when taker got pinned was some of the best wrestling tv in a long time.

For a sport that is often incredibly predicatable, they nailed it with that finish for unpredictability.

I personally loved it.

Yep, pretty much nailed it. In hindsight I don't think they could have done it any better (and I never wanted the streak to end). In terms of moments when I've been absolutely stunned this is probably in the top 3 along with the final siren of the 2011 Collingwood vs Hawthorn (I still have no fing idea how we won that game) and s03e09 of Game of Thrones (if you're a GOT fan you know exactly the scene I'm referring to). Just complete and utter disbelief, for a sports entertainment program to garner a reaction like that is pretty special I think.

As for the rest of the card it was pretty enjoyable I thought.

Cesaro winning the battle royal was the right call.

The Shield did their job. Loving the upbeat style they brought to the ring.

Didn't watch the Divas match but no doubt I'll be tuning in for Paige matches. Could become the best diva in a while.

Say what you want about Trips but he and Bryan put on MOTN.

I've got a couple of gripes about the last 2 matches:

Cena vs Wyatt. Storytelling-wise I though the match was pretty good. Whilst a Cena win doesn't hurt either man I don't understand the rationale for it in the way that it was done. I think one of two things needed to happen. 1) Cena wins but only after he gives in to Bray's taunts of "finish me". 2) In the process of Cena fighting the evil inside of himself, Bray is able to capitalise and win. Either way I think Cena needed to give in to make Bray look like a beast and to set up another PPV match for redemption and all that rubbish.

WWEWHC match. Ok, we all knew who was going to win but I just think that the pacing was a little off at times. I think Trips and Stephanie came out far too early into the match and they should have came out and interfered when Bryan looked truly assured of victory (from memory they probably came out what, maybe 6-8 minutes into the match? We knew the ending wasn't nigh at that point). Bryan should have won by pinfall plain and simple. I was very much looking forward to the whole crowd screaming - ONE.. TWO.. THREE......*crowd goes apeshit*. The submission victory just felt a little anti-climactic, Batista was pretty quick to tap also.

Cesaro's win was very well done as well as you had him picking up a man mountain in the same attire as the Giant and slamming him as Hogan did.

That mirroring of a symbolic and iconic moment was very well done. Possibly lost on a lot of people but I thought it was great.

Cena doesn't like making people look like a beast or the better man and if he does the next match they have you can bet he will make them look weak as piss.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

That's what they need to keep doing to make it fun to watch. The product gets so stale that all thats left that's worth watching is the guys who make you laugh and the guys who are great in ring technicians.

If I was in charge i'd be pushing Cesaro ahead of the likes of Orton for more prime time because he's more of a complete package than Orton.

But there isn't really much that could cause that to happen, except maybe Sting debuting!

In the world of the internet its very hard to keep surprises, most debuts or returns are speculated on, not too many results could really cause that jaw dropping event. Last one I really remember was probably Jericho returning at the rumble, some results may become a shock but instead of shock reaction its more likely to be anger when the favourite loses. Only the cynical expected Bryan to lose at Mania, but if he did instead of jaw dropping it would have been pure anger

Cena doesn't like making people look like a beast or the better man and if he does the next match they have you can bet he will make them look weak as piss.

Even though Bray looked fairly stong, he still should have won and had his WM moment. I think he'll win at ER but really he should have won at WM!

Even though Bray looked fairly stong, he still should have won and had his WM moment. I think he'll win at ER but really he should have won at WM!

Yep completely agree. Cena has had his WM moments, wouldn't have killed him to give Bray the win. I could of tolerated a Bray loss if he was given more punishment but i just don't like seeing a complete domination only to be thwarted by an AA.

Ummmmmmmm, Dwayne Johnson?
You know, he looked so comfortable in the ring, and knew exactly how to work a wrestling crowd, that it almost looked like he used to be a wrestler! And not just that, but one of the best entertainers the WWF/E has ever had!

But no, I must be crazy.

You know, he looked so comfortable in the ring, and knew exactly how to work a wrestling crowd, that it almost looked like he used to be a wrestler! And not just that, but one of the best entertainers the WWF/E has ever had!

But no, I must be crazy.
Least he got the city right.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

They shouldn't have been surprised. Brock Lesnar is younger and a UFC star. Undertake is nearly 50. No way he could match Lesnar. When I heard Lesnar was fighting Undertaker at Mania I seriously feared for Undertakers life. Lesnar was always going to win. He is more fearsome, bigger, faster and stronger. I can't believe so many people were surprised.

Not to mention that Lesnar has dominated Taker in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They shouldn't have been surprised. Brock Lesnar is younger and a UFC star. Undertake is nearly 50. No way he could match Lesnar. When I heard Lesnar was fighting Undertaker at Mania I seriously feared for Undertakers life. Lesnar was always going to win. He is more fearsome, bigger, faster and stronger. I can't believe so many people were surprised.

Because he's been up against much younger and fitter wrestlers before and won. And plus its not real so they can dictate who wins much easier because of that ;)

Exactly. Lesnar was always going to win. Look at him. He's younger, stronger and better. How could a 47 year old Undertaker beat a beast like that? When Lesnar hit that first F5, I thought it was over. No one ever gets up from one of those. But Taker did get up which was incredible for a 47 year old. But three of them was too much. No one can get up from three F5's.
Should of beaten cena than.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Lesnar was always going to win. Look at him. He's younger, stronger and better. How could a 47 year old Undertaker beat a beast like that? When Lesnar hit that first F5, I thought it was over. No one ever gets up from one of those. But Taker did get up which was incredible for a 47 year old. But three of them was too much. No one can get up from three F5's.
You do realise professional wrestling is scripted right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back