Your Favorite Gary Ablett Vid Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 28, 2005
Here and there
AFL Club
Geelong
Now with plenty of people having access to the greatest footballing video of all time, as suggested it is time for your favorite moment from the vid.

I'll boot it off.

Against Richmond he actually does a reverse hang. He sits on the opponents shoulders after coming at him from the front not behind as per normal. And he of course dragged it in.

Vs Collingwood MCG 1989, the "what more can you say" goal.

The whole 89 finals series

The amount of goals he kicks on his left foot.

There are soooo many more so i should leave it to others to contribute.

I loved that mark against Richmond. It was the highlight for mine.

That goal at the MCG was amazing. It was the first time I went to the MCG and I sat in the old Southern Stand. I remember thinking that I'd never seen so many people in the one place in my whole life!

That same mark. It was awesome, and I'd never seen it before.

A goal that he kicked, from 50, running toward the boundary line, on his left foot. You don't see that every day.

And also the 'what more can you say' goal. That was just an incredible goal. Strength, speed and skill all encapsulated perfectly.

I have to go watch that video again now.

i've been away the last few weeks and stuff, whats this Ablett video all about, how do i see it or get it, the great man, i luv it, please help1!!

Don't stop Hulk. I have just found someone at work with enough power and know how to pull it down for me. I'll die if he isn't able to grab it!

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Go Cats

the 70m torp on the run against hawthorn.
the goal against essendon from 55 out dead on the boundary bumped as he kicks.
the what more can you say.

One of my favourites has to be where it looks like he effortlessly pushes over three people in the surrounding pack, leaving him standing in the middle to take a mark.
(that was on this one wasn't it?? I watched Miracle Marks recently too, so may be confused with that)

What the hell, I'll just do it the lazy way. Copy/paste!

Did anyone else spot the irony in the 1989 PF?
There's one part where where a Bombers player is about to make a clearing kick from the fifty. In the moment where he has dropped the ball from hand to foot, Gazza has flown in from nowhere to snatch it off his, turn, and hit a laces-out pass straight to Robert Scott who marks fifteen metres out. Pure magic.

I could be wrong, but the Bombers player looks eerily familiar to me... think he might have a career in coaching myself. I'm not watching it now, so I can't make sure.

After watching the video again (and again and again) I can confirm that the player actually IS Mark Thompson.
I think it's probably submit your favourite moment in the video time; mine's probably in the section that's aroundabout 1985 when he took the ball, Bruce Doull sandwiched him on the boundary, did pretty much everything right, when Ablett snapped across his body from the fifty and it went through post-high. Second to that is probably that moment against Collingwood when he missed the specky, followed it up, burned off an opponent and booted one from fifty-five.
What a legend.

My favourite moment.....

1. Pressing play and having tingles down my spine - Ohhh baby...what a player.
2. Showing my brother and my old man - they were spell bound.
3. 89 Prelim - unstoppable.

Bow to the messiah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All great but ...

1. First game for Geelong against Fitzroy with the goal on the run. I remember before that game my nephew telling me that he was a champion, and I remember telling my nephew that could not be right-otherwise Hawthorn would not have let him go. How wrong I was, but that was the goal that made me realise we had a player.

2. The two goals later that season against Richmond to win the game-the 70m kick over the pack and the snap over the shoulder.

3. my favourite: the chest mark against Bruce Doull. Not well shown on the video but at the match even Carlton supporters applauded.

It was also interesting to see how many of his kicks went through the goals over post high.

I don't think we will ever see someone like that again. We were so lucky to have him playing for our team.

His one handed mark over Sean White when you have a couple of his teammates jumping up like supporters is an absolute ripper.
His mark in the SOO against WA(?) when he ends up in a handstand postion is also an absolute sensational grab.

Best. Player. Ever.

p.s Would love to see a commercial release with ALL the highlights of his awesome career.

In the 89 grand final where he jumped up & grabbed the ball from the throw in & it seems that before he landed on both his feet he had kicked a goal. A true champion of the game. :thumbsu:

Thanks to all who worked to put it out there for catfans.

I've just arrived home with a copy in my pocket. My mate got it down for me on the weekend.

Now to enjoy...................................

Hey everyone
I arrived late to this forum, and starting downloading as soon as I could, and I am up to around 65% done. All the seeds are now gone. Please, please, could a few people hop on just for a while longer until I'm done?

I would appreciate it SO much.

Go cats

Watched it last night, awesome. I never wanna forget how good this bloke was. There is no player in the AFL that comes close to him for skill.

S "Thinks He's Daicos" J said:
Hey everyone
I arrived late to this forum, and starting downloading as soon as I could, and I am up to around 65% done. All the seeds are now gone. Please, please, could a few people hop on just for a while longer until I'm done?

I would appreciate it SO much.

I'm still seeding.

If you cant download it I suggest taking up Crowm Domes offer.

I did and he sent me a DVD with it the next day. :thumbsu:

thehoff said:
Likewise, although there has been no activity for about a week now... I will keep it up and running for another week or so.

Thanks fellas.

Does it matter which site you get the torrent file off? Or are they all the same?

I'll let you know when I'm done.

Best moment was when one G. Ablett was wearing a Hawthorn jumper. :D

Truly great video and you don't need to be a Geelong fan for this to put a smile on your face. I was unable to download the file, so I took advantage of Crowm dome's offer and got him to send me a copy. It was well worth it and it is viable option for people still struggling to obtain the video.

So cheers, Crowm dome.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back