Your Favourite Players Over The Years

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to listen to games on the wireless :D when I was a kid and I remember one game in which Donohue kicked 8 or 9 goals straight! He was amazing!! Pity his son didn't follow in his footsteps. Adam ? didn't get one game

Came through as 6' midfielder when they were starting to become genuine 6'3" and don't think he was all that quick.

I used to listen to games on the wireless :D when I was a kid and I remember one game in which Donohue kicked 8 or 9 goals straight! He was amazing!! Pity his son didn't follow in his footsteps. Adam ? didn't get one game
" Larry the Lamb" - still kicked 100 one year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im a loyal cats supporter but unloyal player supporter, I jump around alot.

First was Brad Sholl, then Darren Milburn, Gary Jnr, Jarrod Rooke, Joel Selwood, Max Rooke, Dan Menzel, Mark Blicavs and Nakia is looking appealing as my next.
Who did you like better - Jarrod Rooke or Max?

I loved the rugged Andy Preston..socks always down and football under his arm and his little legs pumping so fast.
Andrew Bews loved him since the under 19s.
Bernard Toohey..Garry Hocking..Neville Bruns..Joel Selwood.. all the tough buggers.

I remember when I was a kid in primary school in the 60s playing kick to kick and we would leap up on each others shoulders for a mark yelling out WADEY. My 6th grade teacher lived nxt door to Wade and I got invited to do car washes with the Cats players for fund raising ( wouldn't pay for a pr of boots nowadays:D). Can't remember who was to much, Wade and Goggin I remember.

The question has to be asked: who wore the number 17 better? Bluey or Byrnes?
Newman :p who is responsible for me following Geelong.

Which begins my favourite players -
Sam Newman - an all time fave - yes, I know *cringe* - but I loved watching him play;
Mark Yeates
Gary Ablett - my all time fave - still adore him;
Peter Riccardi - I wanted to marry him;
Max Rooke - is right up there about 0.00000000000000099999999999% below GAS
After Rooke retired I couldn't find another absolute + utter fave, but I love watching -
Daniel Menzel
Mitch Duncan
Mark Blicavs
+ have very high hoops for Cockatoo.

After Corey? I think I'd have Stokes:

And Wojo- Daniel McL I loved the video clip you posted earlier but how was this run? Particularly good, and extra points because of who we were playing against :)

Super clips thanks Teri. Probably have to add Bartel after that game. Oh HELL!!! I just love all our Boyz!!!

PS - why were Cats + Poos+Wees wearing mourning armbands for the PF? Anyone remember?

Kenny Hinkley was also my favourite. Still have the number 29 on my back
Lovely post Lewy + welcome to BigFooty :) Enjoy your time here, for the most we have a fantastic group of people + while we're passionate about our Geelong Cats, we also like having lots of fun + games. Make sure you check out the Scratching Post too :thumbsu: :rainbow:
Which other players do you like, Lewy?

Newman :p who is responsible for me following Geelong.

Which begins my favourite players -
Sam Newman - an all time fave - yes, I know *cringe* - but I loved watching him play;
Mark Yeates
Gary Ablett - my all time fave - still adore him;
Peter Riccardi - I wanted to marry him;
Max Rooke - is right up there about 0.00000000000000099999999999% below GAS
After Rooke retired I couldn't find another absolute + utter fave, but I love watching -
Daniel Menzel
Mitch Duncan
Mark Blicavs
+ have very high hoops for Cockatoo.
It's easy to pick one player if you r 8 yrs old, but when you have been a fan for 40yrs+, you cant have one fav, impossible. I like your list, and for mine I would add Stevie J Scarlo, Harley, Ling (Jeez I guess I like all the players that won our recent premierships).

Dreaming of Donohue *Go Cats*
e46177b7dca34ecab90866b9568d7654.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back