Your favourite videogame oriented show/website/podcast etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
1) The 1up show

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3145462

A videogame show with definitely the highest production values of the lot.

I like how they don't give scores to their videogame reviews but base it around a conversation between friends.......its quite unique in that respect.

The video is high quality around 400mbs and 25 minutes. Also best of all free of charge and usually released once a week.

They also have specials where they do things like a homage to Mystery Science Theatre by playing really really bad videogames or investigating niche gaming culture like famicon cartridge art.

My favourite has to be this 3DO lightgun game about space pirates. I nearly lost my gut through laughter.

2)GAMERadio podcast

http://www.hwhq.com/?page=gamer

Very low budget and can be up to 2 hours long.

Its basically several friends talking about their gaming experiences. quite entertaining in its nerdiness.

I like how the hosts are from Las Vegas which is quite a change from boring ol' Perth.

3) Wired Game/Life blog

http://blog.wired.com/games/

My favourite site to get the latest videogaming news. As they also have posters from Japan, you also get insights from weird games and cultural quirks.

4) Good Game abc vodcast/ tv show

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/

its quite lame how they try to be trendy and cool but the video is high quality if you record it from digital tv so its great for previewing the latest games.

I love Good Game, never miss an episode :p. My dad records then and burns them on dvd so I can take it home and watch it. I think I have the last two seasons on dvd :p.

I've heard of the 1Up show. Maybe I should give that a go.

I love Good Game, never miss an episode :p. My dad records then and burns them on dvd so I can take it home and watch it. I think I have the last two seasons on dvd :p.

I've heard of the 1Up show. Maybe I should give that a go.

Good Game for me too.

The hosts are a couple of gamers and as geeky as they come (I have no problem relating to them:p).

Good Game for me too.

The hosts are a couple of gamers and as geeky as they come (I have no problem relating to them:p).
Is it just me or is it actually getting quite funny aswell? They definetly throw some sense of humour in there.

They got rid of some guy starting with K and replaced him with Bajo. That guy was pretty horrible, there's vids of him on YouTube.

Do you remember P-Nutz? The golden monkey? They took him off with that K guy.

That bajo was a host of that shocking late night show "The Zoo" on 7. It's actually a pretty good show (Good Game not the zoo) but I don't know, the way they both talk for some reason puts me off.

Level 3 on Chanel 31 isn't that bad. Has some guy that was on big brother. They whinge a bit too much though.

Is it just me or is it actually getting quite funny aswell? They definetly throw some sense of humour in there.

They got rid of some guy starting with K and replaced him with Bajo. That guy was pretty horrible, there's vids of him on YouTube.

Do you remember P-Nutz? The golden monkey? They took him off with that K guy.
It usually makes me laugh (and cringe at the same time!!). I reckon Gamer Tonight is pretty good but stuff me if I can get Sage Advice.

Bajo is heaps better than the other guy. I can't remember P-nutz though.

It usually makes me laugh (and cringe at the same time!!). I reckon Gamer Tonight is pretty good but stuff me if I can get Sage Advice.

Bajo is heaps better than the other guy. I can't remember P-nutz though.
I'll get you the video of Gamer Tonight when it first appeared in December 2006. This video also has that K guy and P-Nutz :p.

[youtube]JqXVINf1sTw[/youtube]

pnutz.jpg

hmmmm...... had to google it but is that really P_Nutz..... because I think something so disturbing would have been seared into my psyche..... :O

ps: its strange that the Good Game site is one of the few professional gaming vodcasts that actually cater for the PSP!!!

I mean for goodness sake how can you say you're targeting a videogaming audience but have your video only compatible with the IPOD. :mad:

That bajo was a host of that shocking late night show "The Zoo" on 7. It's actually a pretty good show (Good Game not the zoo) but I don't know, the way they both talk for some reason puts me off.
Yeah, it seems really scripted to me, the way they talk is very fake, and the whole chicken voting system is just a cheap grab at humour.

Level 3 on Chanel 31 isn't that bad. Has some guy that was on big brother. They whinge a bit too much though.
Love Level 3, got me tickets to the E-Games expo last year and a free game in Fury.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Level 3 webiste:
http://www.level3.org.au/Welcome.html

Shows on Channel 31 in Melbourne at 10:30pm Thursday and repeated at 8:30pm Friday, also have previous episodes up on the channel 31 website: c31.org.au

pnutz.jpg

hmmmm...... had to google it but is that really P_Nutz..... because I think something so disturbing would have been seared into my psyche..... :O

ps: its strange that the Good Game site is one of the few professional gaming vodcasts that actually cater for the PSP!!!

Yeah that's P_Nutz alright :eek:, that's something a child would have a nightmare over.

Good Game are really good with the selection they use. They make sure it's not just PS3 or Xbox games they review but spread it out between everything.

I've just added that image as my wallpaper on my ps3.

Level 3 webiste:
http://www.level3.org.au/Welcome.html

Shows on Channel 31 in Melbourne at 10:30pm Thursday and repeated at 8:30pm Friday, also have previous episodes up on the channel 31 website: c31.org.au

That website is so unprofessional :p.

LOL at their forums, they're using invisionfree. Haha!

Anyone remember Jamie when he was crying on Big Brother and then said "I'M NOT CRYING!!!"

That website is so unprofessional :p.

LOL at their forums, they're using invisionfree. Haha!

Anyone remember Jamie when he was crying on Big Brother and then said "I'M NOT CRYING!!!"
The show is on Channel 31, it doesn't have a budget at all, it is community TV, they do it because they want to and love gaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it seems really scripted to me, the way they talk is very fake, and the whole chicken voting system is just a cheap grab at humour.

It's the combination of the smooth American accent guy and that Bajo guys voice which is way too smooth as well, it's they're FM DJs. But other than that it's good and it's genuine and not patronising like other games/"technology" shows.

The show is on Channel 31, it doesn't have a budget at all, it is community TV, they do it because they want to and love gaming.

I don't think you can take anyone seriously who admits they watch(ed) big brother ;). That guy was on this show before Big Brother, he probably just went on it to try and push his profile, which obviously hasn't worked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back