NFL Your Team Expectations for This Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Now the draft is done and there is a lack of quality free agents remaining unless your team is desperate for players over the hill - it's time to start doing expectations for your team in the 2011 season.

For myself I expect the Rams to get 6 wins this season. Most people will say that's over the top and they'll be lucky to get 1 win - however you can only bottom out for so long. Spags has had a season to work with the roster and build an identity of his team. He has his franchise QB and is building the defence the way he likes it - soon it'll be time to start winning. With the second easiest schedule in the league (Behind the Cardinals who have the Rams on their schedule twice) there should be a lot of winnable games. Long should be ready to make his stride as a starter, the O-Line should have matured and the WRs should be starting to peak (Avery in his third year, Robinson could have a delayed third year ... hopefully and Gibson/ Gilyard should show some promise).

So how do you all rate your expectations?

Re: Your 2011 Team Expectations

Well, I'll take the plunge, probably curse them and just come out and say it ... Super Bowl.

I know every team plans their season and is trying to win it, blah blah blah, but for Baltimore anything less would be a failure IMO. We're off the back of an AFC Championship game defeat in 2008, an underachieving 2009 but still made the playoffs and handed Bellichick his arse, we could have easily finished better than 9-7 last year. So this off season they acquire the receiver we never had in Boldin and keep Mason, then have an awesome draft addressing every major need (except CB) in getting a pass rusher, re-stocking an ageing defensive line and tight ends. If any team is "winning" the off season then we'd be right up there.

Baltimore is primed for a Super Bowl run, anything less than that would be a step back. Our schedule is interesting - four of the first six games are on the road, but they're all the tough games at once. We get at Jets done first, Steelers in Pittsburgh while Roethlisberger is suspended, and the Patriots on the road all before the bye game. Then the rest of the season is relatively straight forward. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that I expect to win the division and go for a Super Bowl appearance.

Yeah, I realise this is going to come and bite me in the arse and we'll finish 6-10 or something. :p

I'm realistic. We've lost one of the best QBs in the league, our very good #2 receiver and a number of defensive starters. It depends on Leinart's performance, really. But in a weak division with no standouts and an easy schedule, I'd expect a 7-9 win season and contending for the division crown.

I'm realistic. We've lost one of the best QBs in the league, our very good #2 receiver and a number of defensive starters. It depends on Leinart's performance, really. But in a weak division with no standouts and an easy schedule, I'd expect a 7-9 win season and contending for the division crown.

Our off-season isn't that bad dude, don't get to down.
Playoffs or i'll be disappointed this year again - would expect a 9+ win season.

I expect the Skins to get better, just don't know how much. But we're coming off a low base so I'm not exactly sticking my neck out. I think a fair bit will depend on how Haynesworth settles into the new 3-4 defense. Orakpo was a find last year, hopefully he continues that form and Trent Williams is our find this year.

Obviously someone of the calibre of McNabb will be a big boost, but can the WR corps make it count? I have faith in the RB division being more than servicable. OK, so I'll say an 8-8 season.

Will be happy if the Iggles go 8-8
Toughest division in football (apart from maybe the AFC North) and we've given the Deadskins another reason to want to hammer us.
A young team and onre that will need time to come together.
If it all falls together and the draft picks do what the giants picks did in 2007, wecould push for the playoffs, but that is a huge ask.
Outside of our division, the teams I worry about on our schedule are: Green Bay, San Francisco, Indy, Houston and Minnesota.
Shouldn't lose all of them, and shouldn't go 0-6 in the NFC East

Our off-season isn't that bad dude, don't get to down.
Playoffs or i'll be disappointed this year again - would expect a 9+ win season.
10 win seasons with a new QB aren't that common. (I'm actually avoiding hyping myself up at all after what's happened to my other team this season.:()

After narrowly missing out on a Superbowl appearance, my expectations for the Vikings are much lower than last season's outcome. Most of the reasons for this are schedule based. The AFC and NFC East are aerial powerhouses and the Vikings have struggled to defend the pass for what seems like ever.

Coupled with that a resurgent Detroit and a ready to go Green Bay coupled with games against the Saints, the Vikings look to be in for a long year.

Vikings management seem to think that there's at least one more year left in the team as they certainly didn't go after too many starting replacements via the draft or free-agency.

I honestly think that Green Bay will win the division this year and at best the Vikings will go 10-6, and even that might be one eyed optimism.

at New Orleans (L)
Miami Dolphins (W)
Detroit Lions (W)
at NY Jets (L)
Dallas Cowboys (W)
at Green Bay (L)
at New England (L)
Arizona (W)
at Chicago (W)
Green Bay (W)
at Washington (W)
Buffalo (W)
NY Giants (W)
Chicago (W)
at Philadelphia (L)
at Detroit (L)

Cardinal Fans: Is Leinhart really that bad? They still have an easy schedule and a great head coach.
DB10: I really should bookmark that. However I think the Ravens will do good as long as injuries don't rape the roster.
Bradesman: Typical Jets fan, very simple minded. :p
Swannies: Fair comment, always hard to see how a team makes a transitition with a new defence. Although Shanahan should have a few tricks up his sleeve to deliver a respectible resalt. So have to say 8-8 sounds fair.
Usalion: Not confident with Kolb?
Sven: Interesting point of view - just interesting to see you think the Vikings would do worse this season when nothing much has changed. Except for hopefully Peterson holding onto the ball and a few depth picks. As long as Favre is healthy - they should do well.

Having been severly dissapointed with results over the past few years I'm hopeful that this year will be different. Stafford will continue to improve and hopefully we will be able to provide him with better protection. Happy with Suh out of the draft and can see 6 wins for the improving Lions in 2010/11.

I honestly think that Green Bay will win the division this year and at best the Vikings will go 10-6, and even that might be one eyed optimism.

at New Orleans (L)
Miami Dolphins (W)
Detroit Lions (W)
at NY Jets (L)
Dallas Cowboys (W)
at Green Bay (L)
at New England (L)
Arizona (W)
at Chicago (W)
Green Bay (W)
at Washington (W)
Buffalo (W)
NY Giants (W)
Chicago (W)
at Philadelphia (W)
at Detroit (W)

I would mark down your last two as wins giving you a 12-4 record. Detroit will still be inconsistent next year, and i don't have much faith in Kolb...

For the Packers, wins in blue, losses in red. I think we're capable of 12-4. If the O-line is somewhat consistent, we shouldn't have an issue with 9 wins.

But playoffs are expected.

EDIT: ****in codes... I'll try and fix it...

Code:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Sun., Sept. 12  	@ Philadelphia Eagles  	   	3:15 p.m.  	FOX
Sun., Sept. 19 	Buffalo Bills  	12:00 p.m. 	CBS[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]Mon., Sept. 27 	@ Chicago Bears 	  	7:30 p.m. 	ESPN[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Sun., Oct. 3 	Detroit Lions  	12:00 p.m. 	FOX
Sun., Oct. 10 	@ Washington Redskins 	  	12:00 p.m. 	FOX
Sun., Oct. 17 	Miami Dolphins 	 	12:00 p.m. 	CBS
Sun., Oct. 24 	Minnesota Vikings 	 	7:20 p.m. 	NBC[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]Sun., Oct. 31 	@ New York Jets 	  	12:00 p.m. 	FOX[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Sun., Nov. 7 	Dallas Cowboys  	7:20 p.m. 	NBC[/B][/COLOR]
[B]Sun., Nov. 14 	Open Date 	  	[/B]  	 
[COLOR="Red"][B]Sun., Nov. 21 	@ Minnesota Vikings 	  	*12:00 p.m. 	FOX[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Sun., Nov. 28 	@ Atlanta Falcons 	  	*12:00 p.m. 	FOX
Sun., Dec. 5 	San Francisco 49ers 	 	*12:00 p.m. 	FOX
Sun., Dec. 12 	@ Detroit Lions 	  	*12:00 p.m. 	FOX[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Sun., Dec. 19 	@ New England Patriots 	  	*7:20 p.m. 	NBC[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Sun., Dec. 26 	New York Giants 	 	*3:15 p.m. 	FOX
Sun., Jan. 2 	Chicago Bears 	 	*12:00 p.m. 	FOX[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8-8 realistically

More optimism OR, Playoff's beckon I reckon. Bold predictions.

Oakland Raiders Preseason Schedule

Thursday, August 12 6:00 pm at Dallas Cowboys
Saturday, August 21 5:30 pm at Chicago Bears
Saturday, August 28 6:00 pm San Francisco 49ers
Thursday, September 2 7:00 pm Seattle Seahawks

Oakland Raiders Regular Season Schedule

Sunday, September 12 10:00 am @ Tennessee TitansW
Sunday, September 19 1:05 pm St. Louis Rams W
Sunday, September 26 1:15 pm @ Arizona Cardinals
Sunday, October 3 1:05 pm Houston Texans W
Sunday, October 10 1:15 pm San Diego Chargers W
Sunday, October 17 1:05 pm @ San Francisco 49ers
Sunday, October 24 1:15 pm @ Denver Broncos
Sunday, October 31 1:15 pm Seattle Seahawks W
Sunday, November 7 1:15 pm Kansas City Chiefs W
BYE WEEK
Sunday, November 21 10:00 am @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, November 28 1:05 pm Miami DolphinsW
Sunday, December 5 1:05 pm @ San Diego Chargers
Sunday, December 12 10:00 am @ Jacksonville Jaguars W
Sunday, December 19 1:15 pm Denver BroncosW
Sunday, December 26 1:05 pm Indianapolis Colts
Sunday, January 2 10:00 am @ Kansas City Chiefs W

Brutal schedule this year for the 'Boys. That being said, expectation will be that we push for a SB appearance. Conference champ game at least. Will be a difficult task, hopefully we can pull it off.

The Bucs have a kind schedule in 2010/11.

1. vs Cleveland - WIN
2. @ Carolina - WIN
3. vs Pittsburgh - WIN
4. BYE
5. @ Cincinnati - LOSS
6. vs New Orleans - LOSS
7. vs St. Louis - WIN
8. @ Arizona - WIN/LOSS
9. @ Atlanta - LOSS
10. vs Carolina - WIN
11. @ San Francisco - LOSS
12. @ Baltimore - LOSS
13. vs Atlanta - WIN
14. @ Washington - LOSS
15. vs Detroit - WIN
16. vs Seattle - WIN
17. @ New Orleans - LOSS

That leaves us at 8-8 or 9-6 at best. We aren't going to be a contender this year and probably not next but as long as we gradually improve I will be more than happy. The key will be Freeman becoming the player we all hope he turns out to be. With two young WR's plus K2 and Stroughter, he now has weapons to use in the passing game.
At RB, Cadillac and Ward need to make this their year. Both are out of contract at the end of 2010 so a big year would help both their team and ther own pockets.
We will be much improved on defense especially against the run thanks to the draft.

I predict the Raiders will win the SB, especially after one of the greatest drafts and trading period in the history of the NFL.

As for the Texans, their biggest problems last season was DBs and lack of pass rush. Losing Robinson is not going to help DB situation. Not sure they've really addressed the pass rush situation as well.

Very tough schedule , ranked no 1 hardest. Anything less than 9-7 would be disappointing and probably spell the end of Kubiak.

Usalion: Not confident with Kolb?

Not really a knock on Kolb, but we do have to see how he goes- I mean he has only taken a handful of snaps in his time with the eagles- and will now be thrust into the starting spot.

I like the WRs we have, and they should absolutely help him- but the line is uncertain right now...and the loss of Westbrook will be big...he was really versatile.

Plus, we are revamping our defense. I can see us going 2-4 in the division (Dallas and New York are clearly ahead of us right now, and washington definitely has a reason to come after us) and there are a few of our other games that worry me- see above.

I'd love to say we'll be 10-6 and in the playoffs, but it will take a lot of things falling rght for us to do that. I'llbe happy with 8-8 and a year of experience for this group.

i think the packers will go 13-3 or 12-4. i would like to see us re-sign Bigby and Williams they helped us had a top 2 D last season and are good players in the secondary we use williams in nickel and dime packages and can do returns and i dont know how Pat Lee will be after missing all last season, and Jarret Bush gets beaten too easly, and Jolly if Raji strugles at DE. with out LB i want to see how Brad jones and Clay Mathews deal with this season they will have high expectations after last year, and AJ and Barnet, that couls be the best LB set in the NFL this year.

O-Line with Taucher and Cliften starters at OT from w1 that will change what our sacks did first 10weeks last season, and our TE is solid with Finlay and Havner deadly last season and havner is a good blocker, i think we might use them more than Lee this year.

Backs, well i was realy wanting us to draft Toby Geirhart, i think he will be wasted with the Vikes, Chester was wasted beacuse AP wants to be an all down back, but drops it too much. and i hope Jackson do good this year, adn hope grant improves his YPA this year

Recivers, We need either Jordy Nelson or James Jones jones to step up and than we can do more 4 and 5 wide sets, i realy like what Nelson did last season in Pre-season the Pre-season game at the Cradinals he was steller and even had a 65yard TD, i think he can do alot for us we had high hopes with him being our first pick in 2008, but we didnt get to use him much as a reciver because of Will Blackmon being on IR so Jordy took Kr and PR.

QB, i think we need a solid 2nd string QB, im still not impressed with Matt Flynn, he just has no confidince in games, see the week17 @ Cards last year and also @ Tampa in 2008. but if Aaron can be as resiliant as Farve was he will have a ring real soon. but by looking at the FA QBs i think the best one still without a team is St-Peire, i think he was better than Leinhart for Arizona when he got the ball in week 17 last year and in preseason, but thats because i didnt see how Leinhart did against the titans when kurt was out.

i like the week10 bye its the last week for the bye and we have never had a week 10 bye the latest was week9 in 04, the last 3 years has been early. and realy looking forward to seeing what year 2 holds for the Dom Capers 3-4 D because Dom always has a 3-5 year plan for the D, and year 1 was impressive.

Winning the AFC East is what I should expect. I would be disappointed if we didn't make the AFC Championship. Superbowl is the hope.

However, it's the Jets and I'm never quite sure what's going to happen. I do think this is the most talented team the Jets have had since their 98 AFC champ appearance, probably more so.

we use williams in nickel and dime packages and can do returns and i dont know how Pat Lee will be after missing all last season,

Williams will be starting opposite Woodson next season, Harris or no Harris. He won't need to return kicks, nor will Jordy Nelson, because we just might sign...

This guy:

[youtube]4q9zZAsTeic[/youtube]

Kid is an absolute laser...

and our TE is solid with Finlay and Havner deadly last season and havner is a good blocker, i think we might use them more than Lee this year.

Tight End will be a strength. Lee should be gone, draftee Quarless looks a Finley clone, but had some issues a few years ago which dropped him down the board. Could very well be a bargain.

Backs, well i was realy wanting us to draft Toby Geirhart, i think he will be wasted with the Vikes, Chester was wasted beacuse AP wants to be an all down back, but drops it too much. and i hope Jackson do good this year, adn hope grant improves his YPA this year

Gerhart Schmerhart. We possibly got better. James Starks was touted as a 2nd-3rd rd prospect before the 09/10 season, but his season was a write-off after doing his knee. He has great size, and had speed to match. Will be interesting to see how he comes up, could steal the 3rd down duties, cos he's got great hands too.

[YOUTUBE]yJ3dPkL0pr4[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back