NFL Your Team Expectations for This Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect the chargers to make the superbowl.

talent is still there and the uncapped year has probably benefited San diego more than any other team, with the amount they saved in spending on UFA's becoming RFA's (jackson, merriman etc)

if Mathews can be a ROY candidate the running game will obviously be strong and we know how good the passign game is..

San diego still good for one more run at it..

(insert choke replies here:D)

Chargers are a monty to win that division.

If they don't, then there'll be a huge turnover at the end of the season - on and off the field.

The O is not an issue for them. They have all the ingredients to again be one of the best.

Their D needs to improve if they want to win playoff games in the AFC. Not that they're a poor D, quite the opposite, they just need to be able to standup at the pointy end of the season. In particular they need to get back to forcing turnovers.

Definately should be in the hunt again this year.

AFC West will be strong and competitive again. They're all looking over their shoulders this season, off-season, draft, etc. I expect them to be one of the better divisions again soon.
In my precitions I have a 3 way tie leading the division (Broncos, Chargers and Raiders all at 7-9 though)

49er expectation is to win the NFC West.

Given the state of the other teams in the Division they could do this with 9 wins (just one more win than last year).

Defensively they will be fine. The most important facet will be the offense that Jimmy Raye puts out. There are so many questions:

- how will the power running game work out?
- how do you integrate Davis, Crabtree, Gore, Morgan, Ginn into an offense that was all too predictable last year?
- how will the first round offensive line rookies workout?
- will Alex Smith ever deliver?

If Raye can manage to somehow deliver on all these questions (having never givne any insight that he can during his coaching career) then the 49ers should not only win the Division but make a credible run in the playoffs.

Well, for once we've got no expectation on us. Im finding it quite exciting for a change actually. Im quietly optimistic about the team we'll have, after our off season.

Really like the moves we've made defensively this off season.

Expect to go about .500, but could see us making a playoff run if we get a good go with injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm excited about the NFC West this year, all four teams made massive changes which should lead to a competitive league. If the Rams retain Atogwe, I can see us challenging. At the same time I can see us failing. Other interesting thing about the NFC West is that no quarterbacks job is decided, just the early favourite. Rams could easily decide to pull Bradford out for a year, Seahawks could trade their first rounders for the next ten years to get Leinhart, 49ers seem to change every year who is at QB and Wisenhunt can't even convince himself he likes the choices available.

However if I did have to pick a team, it would have the be the 49ers - they looked really good in certain parts of the last two years.

And yes, all NFC West divisions are questionable at QB. At least with AFC West - Rivers should be guaranteed the starting job ... I hope. Probably Cassell as well.

Campbell at Oakland is the same as Campbell at Washington and McNabb at Washington and Kolb at Eagles. Is Romo's job secure for how long? (see mcnabb at philly as why).

Campbell-Rivers-Orton-Cassel is iffy but not a disaster either.
Russell-Rivers-Tebow-Thigpen...yes.

Bradford-Leinart/Anderson-Smith-bandaged Hasselbeck probably even more questionable than the AFC West.

Buffalo-Dolphins QB spots are very questionable.
Steelers-Browns same.
Bears-Vikings same.
Even Bucs-Panthers is iffy.

As we know, only a handful of elite QBs, who are scattered about the divisions. But every division has i reckon 2/4 teams (at least) with questions at QB.

And there are other divisions that also are questionable at QB.
AFC East/North, NFC East/North.

Only in Cleveland.

There's no argument about the QB situation for the other three - and Ben's questions aren't talent, that we do know.

McNabb/Romo/Kolb/Manning isn't even in the same discussion as Smith/Lienart/Bradford/Hasselbeck.

The Redskins didn't trade a second rounder plus other picks for a guy they don't see as their QB, Romo is being pressured by who? John Kitna? The Eagles must be comfortable with Kolb to trade McNabb and Manning is a SB MVP.

In the NFC West we have Smith (who I've seen predicted on this thread to be replaced by 3rd stringer Nate Davis before season's end), a rookie in Bradford whose greatest offensive help will come from a much injured running back, Leinart who has to step into a future HOFer's shoes with a reduced supporting cast and a Seahawks quarterback ebing held together with twine and chewing gum.

In the AFC West it is even less rosey. I think I can see Al Davis' plan now. He is going to take a leaf from Mary Shelly's Frankensten and canabalize body parts from all his QB corps to build his own Brett Favre, Rivers has to live with the stigma that his team traded the QB in front of him so that QB could go on and win a SB (truth be know Rivers is the class act of both divisions), Orton now has two first round backups to worry about his starting job for (not that any are that good) and Cassell can always throw it to Lance Long when Dwayne Bowe is triple covered.

McNabb doesnt often stay healthy these days + overhauls that team has had both playing group and coaching staff, for it to all blend takes time. Should he go down, Brennan is the back-up.

Kolb started 2 games, not a question? Teams are NOW gonna directly game-planning against HIM. It's a question as big as Bradford starting outright this season.

Romo has been a disaster in December for all but last year. But if a team continues to fail like the Cowboys have, like the Eagles had been, they get rid of their QB. McGee is a possible for them or addressed in 2011 thru trade/FA. There's always the chance he goes back to his normal ways, 2009 an odd year.

Campbell will start in Oakland. The problem last year was specifically Russell. When we had Frye and Gradkowski start in a couple games, they BOTH had 300 yard passing and 3 TD games, which Russell didnt manage all year. And when they played we won or were competitive. Meaning, Campbell from the get-go is a big leg-up.

Orton will continue to start and do a capable job like he did last year. Pending McDaniels' impatient urge to throw Tebow in to validate his drafting.

All things being equal the NFC East has two starters who (disasters nothwithstanding) will finish the season as starters.

Can the same thing be said about the NFC and AFC Wests divisions?

Two? Atleast three.

McNabb, Eli and Romo are all safe as houses.

Kolb is the only actual addition, and as a Campbell at Washington/Kolb at Philly comparison, im willing to bet it actually turns out as a net improvement in quarterbacking in the division.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back