Training, Monday morning 8th December

PeeKay

All Australian
Nov 18, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm from Brisbane and happened to be in Melbourne Monday morning and staying opposite the ground. We decided to walk over and see the progress of the ground redevelopment. Low and behold my darlin the Blues were in full training.
I sspoke to Joey Anderson who was doing repeated 400m dashes and looked bloody strong and ready to go. He told me he was getting over a hip arthroscope but was getting better. Actually he looked bloody great.
Watched Eddie for a while and don't worry, he looks very fit.
Watched Kruezer and Hadley doing 400's also with Hadley running behind Kruezer as they zigged and zagged and Hadley had to stay one pace behind Kruezer through the Z & Z's. Kruezer is such a trier and you could see he was giving everything each run. He riminds me a lot of Big Nick in his Hey day and he will be bloody special, if not this year definately the next.
I watched our 4 new players and Spoke to Hughes about them. I commented on my observation that O'Keefe is not as fit as the other three and seemed to struggle keeping up with their 400 dashes.
He said they hadn't had the medicals as yet and were to have them later today. They will then plan their different training methods remembering they will only complete 70% of the full training. They all look bloody skinny, but regardless of that I think Robinson is going to be something and just might be the "find" of the draft.
Watched it all for an hour then had to leave.
I watched "Jacobs" playing against "Hampson" and Hughes "indicated" (didn't say it) that Jacobs will be selected again in the Rookie draft next week.
All in all :thumbsu::):thumbsu::):thumbsu::):D

PeeKay

All Australian
Nov 18, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
i thought the draftee's had their medicals before they went to camp.

how did yarran look and did he seem happy too?

Yes he trained with the other 3 draftees and just did a few 400's. They all looked OK but O'Keefe. He was struggling. It's very early days for these boys. I would suggest we will see Yarran & Robinson in a few NAB games but not the other two.

Back