Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sherman, you are a treat sometimes!! haha, good call! how you lookin yaself this season?? fit and raring to go? hows the loss of King Rich gonna be? hahaha

Yeah tough to say been doing what i can but could always do more..lol.

Havent actually been to training yet cos of cricket commitments so might have to come through two's ..lol.

Yeah he will be a massive loss, we wil def miss his physical presence.:D:D

In regards to Charlie he is doing great things for the club and training the boys really hard so i hear, and im not sure on how much actual game time he plans to see this year.

Dunolly is under no illusion that we were only 6 wins last year and 12 bad losses. It is everyone's benefit if Dunolly, Bushy, Creek, Trentham and Newstead bridge the gap while keeping the same sort of quality at the top. It's a very long road for Dunolly to success, but I think we are on it. Which is a start:)

I agree totally and i think Dunolly have taken some massive steps forwards in the last few season on and off the field...

Hopefully all this hard work pays off ...except for when u play talbot:D

Talbot have another 6-7 senior recruits that dont appear on the clearance list yet for various reasons. They will definately play finals.

It's a pity for Dunolly that they have parrots like outside the packs who get on here and undo all the hard work that the rest of the club is putting in. They will improve no doubt and hopefully build a club that will be strong once again. Ur comments about Brett Coombes are a bit unfair. Has been a good player in this league for a while and if he gets himself in reasonable shape will go alright.

Yeah tough to say been doing what i can but could always do more..lol.

Havent actually been to training yet cos of cricket commitments so might have to come through two's ..lol.

Yeah he will be a massive loss, we wil def miss his physical presence.:D:D

In regards to Charlie he is doing great things for the club and training the boys really hard so i hear, and im not sure on how much actual game time he plans to see this year.

Did u get home in time for Prime Possum last night Sherman??? Worst yabbie festival display ever!

Ah bucket good to see you stirring the pot, if you made training occaisonally maybe you could get your square off with the bushy fellas.

Just a quick 2009 ladder based on rumoured departures/recruitments, feel free to shoot it down:

Avoca
Carisbrook
Talbot
Newstead
Dunolly
Harcourt
Maldon
M/Rovers
Royal Park
Trentham
C/Creek

Maldon the big sliders potentially. If true could loose 9 of their top tier players. Brown, Burchells (x2), Crapper (x2), Lea, Bell, Mazur, Cummins. Massive.

Did u get home in time for Prime Possum last night Sherman??? Worst yabbie festival display ever!

Just missed it actually , thought i might go to jd's for a while and say hi!

For some strange reason i have bruises in a particular patch off my arm, can u shed any light into this...lol..karma mate karma!

Ah bucket good to see you stirring the pot, if you made training occaisonally maybe you could get your square off with the bushy fellas.

Just a quick 2009 ladder based on rumoured departures/recruitments, feel free to shoot it down:

Avoca
Carisbrook
Talbot
Newstead
Dunolly
Harcourt
Maldon
M/Rovers
Royal Park
Trentham
C/Creek

Maldon the big sliders potentially. If true could loose 9 of their top tier players. Brown, Burchells (x2), Crapper (x2), Lea, Bell, Mazur, Cummins. Massive.

i will say now creek will not take home the wooden spoon this year, they have got some good young kid recruits. also newstead will be top 3, some very handy footballers heading there from castlemaine and also some recruits apparently from melb. herd bell is heading back to harcourt. maldon are finished.

i will say now creek will not take home the wooden spoon this year, they have got some good young kid recruits. also newstead will be top 3, some very handy footballers heading there from castlemaine and also some recruits apparently from melb. herd bell is heading back to harcourt. maldon are finished.

You heard wrong.

Any praccy matches lined up for clubs guys?

Talbot is heading up to Calivil this weekend for a hitout. Tough opposition so will be interesting to see how we go. Not sure how strong we will be but it's not really important as long as everyone gets a run.

Any more recruiting news?? Maldon look like a few more are heading out the door. Bell is training with Marong and definately staying there.

Avoca
Carisbrook
Talbot
Newstead
Dunolly
Harcourt
Maldon
M/Rovers
Royal Park
Trentham
C/Creek

I dont mind this ladder Bucket and I reckon you have your top 5 pretty close to right. As for the bottom half it is very tough to pick. Trentham and Creek are rumoured to have picked up a few and Bushy will be better than last year. Rovers, Maldon & Harcourt are very much unknown quantities and could all either slide dramatically or push for 5th spot.

Any praccy matches lined up for clubs guys?

Talbot is heading up to Calivil this weekend for a hitout. Tough opposition so will be interesting to see how we go. Not sure how strong we will be but it's not really important as long as everyone gets a run.

Any more recruiting news?? Maldon look like a few more are heading out the door. Bell is training with Marong and definately staying there.

Dunolly are having praccy matches against Serpentine, Inglewood and Lexton in the coming 4 weeks. Lots of new faces and young blokes stepping it up so far so it will be good to blow out some cobwebs, get the blokes to take a few bumps and get a system of playing together going. It will be good for you guys to take on a side like Calivil Rich don't you reckon. It definitely shows what is and isn't working clearly when you play against such a well drilled team.

Dunolly are having praccy matches against Serpentine, Inglewood and Lexton in the coming 4 weeks. Lots of new faces and young blokes stepping it up so far so it will be good to blow out some cobwebs, get the blokes to take a few bumps and get a system of playing together going. It will be good for you guys to take on a side like Calivil Rich don't you reckon. It definitely shows what is and isn't working clearly when you play against such a well drilled team.

Yeah I reckon it's a good thing. We have Calivil and St Arnaud as our two praccy matches. Both sides would be rated higher than us even at full strength you would think so will be good challenges. This is what the coach wants. Can't really be bothered driving all the way to Calivil but as it will be only match for the year in the brown and gold it will be ok! :D

dunno how true it is, but apparently scott whitehead is using the "We're gonna win a flag" to entice players out to Maldon. Tell me that's not the funniest thing you've heard with their list of OUTs this season. He's rung a few current and ex bushy players in recent weeks. Kinda funny really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talbot had a good hitout yesterday at Calivil. Their oval was lush and green and was like playing on carpet which was great to see.

Talbot eventually ran out winners by about a goal. Plenty of new recruits played their first games with Talbot with a few notables playing really well. Mathew Birthisel from Buninyong got plenty of the ball in the middle, Dean Watson was impressive up forward snagging about four goals and will give good support to Matt Bond this year. Callum Millard was impressive across half forward and in the guts and Williams and Jones are two Geelong recruits who will be very handy.

Calivil are a well drilled side that moves the ball extremely well and were running all over us in the last quarter! No major injuries so was a good day.

Any games played or due to be played soon?

You heard wrong.

IT IS FUNNY ALL YOU WING NUT'S GET ON HERE THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING TELL ME HAVE MALDON LOST THOSE PLAYERS ? WHO HAVE THEY PICKED UP?
AND THE TWO RESERVE PLAYER'S FROM NORTH BENDIGO THAT HAVE GONE TO TALBOT WHOEVER MADE THAT STUPID COMMENT SHOULD STAY OFF.ONE OF THEM KICKED 70 GOALS IN A SENIOR SIDE THAT IS RIGHT SENIOR SIDE THAT WON 3 GAMES HE WILL TEAR THIS LEAUGE APART AND THE OTHER ONE WELL YOU WANT TO SEE TUFF FOOTY WATCH THIS LAD GO:eek:

dunno how true it is, but apparently scott whitehead is using the "We're gonna win a flag" to entice players out to Maldon. Tell me that's not the funniest thing you've heard with their list of OUTs this season. He's rung a few current and ex bushy players in recent weeks. Kinda funny really

I DIDN'T HEAR THAT ONE. THAT SOUND'S LIKE SOMETHING A COACH WOULD SAY GIVE ME A BREAK.
AND THEY HAVE GONE ALRIGHT ON THE SIGHNINGS.
COUPLE OF TALL TIMBER GOING THAT WAY I HEAR:eek:

IT IS FUNNY ALL YOU WING NUT'S GET ON HERE THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING TELL ME HAVE MALDON LOST THOSE PLAYERS ? WHO HAVE THEY PICKED UP?
AND THE TWO RESERVE PLAYER'S FROM NORTH BENDIGO THAT HAVE GONE TO TALBOT WHOEVER MADE THAT STUPID COMMENT SHOULD STAY OFF.ONE OF THEM KICKED 70 GOALS IN A SENIOR SIDE THAT IS RIGHT SENIOR SIDE THAT WON 3 GAMES HE WILL TEAR THIS LEAUGE APART AND THE OTHER ONE WELL YOU WANT TO SEE TUFF FOOTY WATCH THIS LAD GO:eek:

Nice entry.

That Dean Watson is supposed to be pretty well from what I have heard so he will be a good pick up for Talbot. I have them as a top 3 team this year for sure.

Scot Carson coming in for Newstead is another big signing that seems to have fallen through the cracks. He was very highly rated in the Loddon Valley league in his time at Newbridge and was no slouch at Castlemaine.

Creek will be better this year, but not enough to push for finals yet. Aaron Bell has definatley left Harcourt. Brown will be at Castlemaine, Shaun Burchall will be back at Maldon again.

Nice entry.

That Dean Watson is supposed to be pretty well from what I have heard so he will be a good pick up for Talbot. I have them as a top 3 team this year for sure.

Scot Carson coming in for Newstead is another big signing that seems to have fallen through the cracks. He was very highly rated in the Loddon Valley league in his time at Newbridge and was no slouch at Castlemaine.

I like Boo Hoo already! Get it to them champ!

Watson kicked 4 or 5 on Saturday and looked pretty good. Will complement Matt Bond nicely.

Browny is easily the biggest loss for Maldon. They looked lost when he went down injured for the finals series last year I thought. Really directs traffic and gets the hard ball around stoppages.

Any word on the recruiting being done by Dunolly from the Territory?

Hearing reports they went on a fishing trip and landed a barramundi...

Breaking news: Emergency services have just released a press statement stating that the earthquake felt in and around the Melbourne CBD yesterday afternoon, was actually the Dunolly football club signing a bombshell recruit/s.

Also the 10 deliberately lit fires in the Kerang area was just the rumour mill going up in flames, unable to cope with news.

Any word on the recruiting being done by Dunolly from the Territory?

Hearing reports they went on a fishing trip and landed a barramundi...

Yeah Dunolly got sick of fishing in the local recruiting pond as it just turns into a bidding war which we will never win.

Dunolly has developed a link with the Wanderers Eagles for 2009 and beyond. Co-coach James McNamee played 6 home and away games with them and is still up there as they have come from 4th to a Grand Final berth this weekend. He's been playing well for them netting 8 votes (top 10) in the League B&F out of a HFF/On ball position.

The Wanderers have enjoyed James, Stew Sutherland and a bunch of other guys going up from Vic and playing for them this year and want to keep it going. Hence, they have put James in charge of their recruiting from central Vic for the 2009/10 season.

Obviously this has benefits to both Dunolly and the Wanderers, and James will return for them next season with the likes of Lachy Liddicoat, Kyle Lierich and anyone in this local area wanting to play at a higher level and develop as a footballer over the summer.

The Wanderers will in turn send a few players down to play at Dunolly for the winter months.

Luckily enough we have signed both Tim Karpany and Ash Matz from the Wanderers senior team. Both are midfielders that will be exciting footballers. They will bring people through the gate and general interest in the Club.

Karpany is a veteran player with 5 flags under his belt. 1 being a SANFL and another one he won in Cairns after the siren from 35 out and 5 points down. He has also won a League B&F in the NTFL so we should be able to find a spot for him in our team.

Matz is a younger player who played SANFL and NTFL seniors at the age of 16. I really don't know too much about him other than what I have seen and read but it will be like the rest of the league, wait and see.

The Wanderers connection will be great for our club even if we didn't get any footballers off them as we can send ours up there and they can try their hand at the State level and get that experience under their belt.

James will be recruiting in the local area for next NTFL season so anyone interested should contact him and he will tee it all up. Great experience for the ambitious footballer.

Is it true the brother of a current AFL footballer from port has signed on the dotted line along with Karpany and Matz?

I have heard that one but he does have a contract with North Adelaide and is expected to play with the NTFL Thunder over the dry season so it makes it pretty hard to get him to sign. His dad is the one pushing the link with James and Dunolly though.

We're wrapped with Karpany and Matz signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.