Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Drama

Senior List
Oct 25, 2007
Hollywood Bound
AFL Club
Essendon
not bad for a bloke who said at the start of this year he would struggle, good luck to him, he's a top bloke, but that back of his isn't that crash hot. hasn't played A Grade cricket cos of it either for a few seasons.

He's running around playing basketball at the moment. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see on this one.

Re: Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Can anyone confirm or deny that Mark Ramsey, Lachy Ford and Liam Bright are all heading to Newstead for next season???

Can anyone confirm or deny that Mark Ramsey, Lachy Ford and Liam Bright are all heading to Newstead for next season???

All three are all but signed sealed and delivered by all reports... There was also word that if the likes of those guys returned that there may be a couple more guys coming up from Melbourne with Rick Barkla for 09; so things are looking up for the Stead!!!!

I can't really comment on exactly what went on at Navarre this year, as i changed clubs early in the year, but whispers coming out are that selections went a little more down political lines than they had before. It is true that Aiden & Piccoli played about a half/half split between reserves and seniors, and that Wisey played mostly in the twos, but from what i hear, Aiden was played largely out of position, and I saw a number of players I personally rate below Piccoli regularly picked in the ones. Read into it what you will-but I believe Lee would be a very handy addition to any senior side, as would Piccoli, if not immediately, then in a year or two as he matures, and Wisey would be a very handy two's player/fringe senior footballer.

Well said Tristan, exactly correct....If a club was looking at growing a good junior base around them then these 3 boys are your men for doing so coz they are all good kids who are well liked and well respected by all! Their talent will be proven if given a chance 2 show it!

Well said Tristan, exactly correct....If a club was looking at growing a good junior base around them then these 3 boys are your men for doing so coz they are all good kids who are well liked and well respected by all! Their talent will be proven if given a chance 2 show it!

If these players were any good they wouldn't need their mates "promoting" them on bigfooty. People know who are leaving clubs and clubs ring players that are decent even if they aren't considering leaving just to test the waters. If these players are any good they will get calls, if not they will have to do it the hard way and pick a team that they think they could actually get a senior game at. It looks at the moment from different comments that the bottom half of the ladder is best place to start with at best top up senior players.

How many people have to adapt to a different position when transitioning from Juniors/Reserves to Seniors??? Most unless they are a gun before they get into the team. So why don't these players to the hard yards, maybe get fit for preseason, work on their game and maybe work on getting better in all positions, because if a player is only good at one position and not performing there, the only spot for that person is the bench and thats not a good option for coach picking a side.

So why don't you guys all just stop piss farting around and do the work and get a spot rather than complaining about being out of position.

and just another quick thing, I know it was a while ago, but Puma's bet about Stone, Pilgrim and McNamee all kicking 100 for the season? Does he understand the MCDFL that well? I know Dunolly are going to improve this season but it would be hard for McNamee to kick 100 goals when last year the team as a whole only kicked 154 goals.

If it happened that would be fantastic for the league, but as Stone and McNamee (once) are the only ones to do it out of the three in Seniors then I don't really think its that realistic. I'd put my money on the 250-1 odds of Dunolly making the finals before the 3 people kicking 100 in a seaon... coz the odds of what happened in 2006 with 4 people kicking it would be astronomical.

and just another quick thing, I know it was a while ago, but Puma's bet about Stone, Pilgrim and McNamee all kicking 100 for the season? Does he understand the MCDFL that well? I know Dunolly are going to improve this season but it would be hard for McNamee to kick 100 goals when last year the team as a whole only kicked 154 goals.

If it happened that would be fantastic for the league, but as Stone and McNamee (once) are the only ones to do it out of the three in Seniors then I don't really think its that realistic. I'd put my money on the 250-1 odds of Dunolly making the finals before the 3 people kicking 100 in a seaon... coz the odds of what happened in 2006 with 4 people kicking it would be astronomical.

It will be huge odds now for that to happen now since Stone is playing at Marong next season.....:D

The Royal Park Football Netball Club would like to congratulate Ashley Davidson on being appointed the senior coach for 2009 and beyond. He has been the assistant coach at Illabrook for the past 2 seasons and brings over 350 plus senior games experience. He is very keen and excited about the clubs future and will help us bring a new era to the club. There are some exciting times to come!!

The Royal Park Football Netball Club would like to congratulate Ashley Davidson on being appointed the senior coach for 2009 and beyond. He has been the assistant coach at Illabrook for the past 2 seasons and brings over 350 plus senior games experience. He is very keen and excited about the clubs future and will help us bring a new era to the club. There are some exciting times to come!!
doubt it

heard he has a few signings already from the chfl

i assume you were saying that about dunolly this time last year too tasty? it only takes a few dedicated people to turn things around you know, just like DMac has done at Dunolly, the dedicated few at bushy at the moment will do the same

Well Done to Royal Park on their signing, hope they can get some success on the board in 2009. Interesting to see that Maryborough Rovers have also named their appointments in Geoff Palmer and Lee Hooper. Was impressed with how Lee handled the U/17's last year, should be very valuable to the senior side one would think both on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch. No offence Johnny but I doubt very much that this bloke is one who will turn Parks fortunes around. Lucky to get a kick in Lexton Plains...which wouldn't be much different to Marybrough Districts. No to mention the fact that he is a snipper who goes around hitting people from behind. Got sent of at vital times two out of the three times I've scene him play and one was in a final! Hardly coming with a successful background either. Dont like to pay out on people but I am very suprised to see him as coach of Bushy and i know alot would think the same. One question...is he a non playing coach?

Ouch. No offence Johnny but I doubt very much that this bloke is one who will turn Parks fortunes around. Lucky to get a kick in Lexton Plains...which wouldn't be much different to Marybrough Districts. No to mention the fact that he is a snipper who goes around hitting people from behind. Got sent of at vital times two out of the three times I've scene him play and one was in a final! Hardly coming with a successful background either. Dont like to pay out on people but I am very suprised to see him as coach of Bushy and i know alot would think the same. One question...is he a non playing coach?

I think this is a positive for Bushy. He has coaching experience with Newlyn in a higher league and is a handy player. Getting on now but will still be a more than handy player in a Bushy midfield that is lacking a fair bit at the moment. Also by bringing someone from Ballarat in it gives them a chance to recruit more heavily from this area. I am inclined to congratulate rather than knock Bushy because they have made the effort to find an external coach who should have the ability to pull players with him from Ballarat.

I think this is a positive for Bushy. He has coaching experience with Newlyn in a higher league and is a handy player. Getting on now but will still be a more than handy player in a Bushy midfield that is lacking a fair bit at the moment. Also by bringing someone from Ballarat in it gives them a chance to recruit more heavily from this area. I am inclined to congratulate rather than knock Bushy because they have made the effort to find an external coach who should have the ability to pull players with him from Ballarat.

Haha having playing against him this year I can hardly see him pulling anyone from this area. I have nothing against the bloke personally but having scene alot of him this year onfeild i cant see him having any impact what so ever. From his last game against Skipton when he went down swing and clocking blokes from behind I think everyone thought he must have been hanging up the boots. Pretty sure all he will bring with him is his 2 or 4 weeks suspension from his last game in LPFL :thumbsu:

Haha having playing against him this year I can hardly see him pulling anyone from this area. I have nothing against the bloke personally but having scene alot of him this year onfeild i cant see him having any impact what so ever. From his last game against Skipton when he went down swing and clocking blokes from behind I think everyone thought he must have been hanging up the boots. Pretty sure all he will bring with him is his 2 or 4 weeks suspension from his last game in LPFL :thumbsu:

I'm pretty sure playing against someone doesn't give you inside knowledge his footballing friends and contacts. I've also met plenty of idiots on the footy field who are great blokes off the field too. He had a good reputation whilst at Newlyn.

I can assure you with Bushy's current playing stocks he will have some sort of impact. They are a very inexperienced line up and someone with his experience will only help them. Only ur opinion but I reckon we should support the battling clubs for looking outside their own backyard and taking a risk.

I'm pretty sure playing against someone doesn't give you inside knowledge his footballing friends and contacts. I've also met plenty of idiots on the footy field who are great blokes off the field too. He had a good reputation whilst at Newlyn.

I can assure you with Bushy's current playing stocks he will have some sort of impact. They are a very inexperienced line up and someone with his experience will only help them. Only ur opinion but I reckon we should support the battling clubs for looking outside their own backyard and taking a risk.

Which ever way you look at it, it's a decision and there is now direction. Waiting to sign a coach is a real pain in the ass for players when they look around at other teams that have secured a coach, signing players and talking pre season start dates.

Illabarook are a no name team and play together very well despite having zero stars and made finals where teams with star players didn't even get close to LPFL finals. If he can successfully take that sort of culture into Bushy, I'm sure they will do fine.

The talk was that he was going to take over from Lamb but obviously didn't eventuate. Like all things, wait, see and then judge is probably the best approach.

So who have we got coaching so far?

Avoca: Bellenger
Creek: ?
Brook: Mortlock
Dunolly: McNamee & Sanders
Harcourt: ?
Maldon: ?
Newstead: ?
Rover: Hooper and Palmer
Bushy: Davidson
Talbot: ?
Trentham: ?

Trentham: ?[/quote]

I heard the other day that Julian Field was coaching Avoca, True/False??
By playing against Ash Davidson for the last few years i reckon he'll help royal immensely, jus seeing his onfield leadership was enough but he seems like a nice enough bloke off the field aswell so hopefully he goes alrite in his new role!

Which ever way you look at it, it's a decision and there is now direction. Waiting to sign a coach is a real pain in the ass for players when they look around at other teams that have secured a coach, signing players and talking pre season start dates.

Illabarook are a no name team and play together very well despite having zero stars and made finals where teams with star players didn't even get close to LPFL finals. If he can successfully take that sort of culture into Bushy, I'm sure they will do fine.

The talk was that he was going to take over from Lamb but obviously didn't eventuate. Like all things, wait, see and then judge is probably the best approach.

Talbot are still working on theirs.

I heard the other day that Julian Field was coaching Avoca, True/False??
By playing against Ash Davidson for the last few years i reckon he'll help royal immensely, jus seeing his onfield leadership was enough but he seems like a nice enough bloke off the field aswell so hopefully he goes alrite in his new role![/QUOTE]
Bellenger is still contracted to coach in 09, Julian Field has indicated he only wants to play and not coach.

i assume you were saying that about dunolly this time last year too tasty? it only takes a few dedicated people to turn things around you know, just like DMac has done at Dunolly, the dedicated few at bushy at the moment will do the same
dunolly are still no good as well

dunolly are still no good as well

so winning 6 games for the year after winning 6 for the previous 4 years, they're still no good? I dont believe they copped many beltings and they pushed some top sides. and honestly, bushy pushed brook and harcourt in 2 games, only to be beaten by lack of fitness and being a young side. i think next year will be a big year for both sides. i'm not saying we'll make the finals, but we're taking the steps to get back there. just remember, bushy were in the finals 2 years ago.

so winning 6 games for the year after winning 6 for the previous 4 years, they're still no good? I dont believe they copped many beltings and they pushed some top sides. and honestly, bushy pushed brook and harcourt in 2 games, only to be beaten by lack of fitness and being a young side. i think next year will be a big year for both sides. i'm not saying we'll make the finals, but we're taking the steps to get back there. just remember, bushy were in the finals 2 years ago.

Nothing like throwing stones at those having a go with insightful one liners on Tasty Cheese's behalf. He's right though, we were no good if you look at the top 6 but from where we were there was improvement so give Dunolly a break.

Bushy has a far easier job of turning things around because they have only had 1 bad year. Dunolly never won more than 1 game since 2002. Bushy has had only 1 bad year and it shouldn't take too much to turn it around.

can anyone tell me what happened to a bloke who played for campbells creek this year named joseph pezzelato? kicked 5 against talbot in a praccy game then 4 against dunnolly then never heard about him after that. anymore player movements????

Status
Not open for further replies.