Player Sponsorship 2009 Travis Varcoe sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Folks,

Its that time of the year of the again. The nuff-nuff preseason comp is almost over, the cricket team is off touring and all around country the gentle thud of boot against leather pierces the still backdrop of drought-hardened ovals. Everywhere physios are working their magic to rid the off-season excesses out of bodies primed for competition.

Now that it is almost kick-off time, there is one more ritual to complete. For the fourth year, the Geelong board of Big Footy is proud to be sponsoring number 5, Travis Varcoe.

In his first year, Travis was recovering from injury. In his second, and first proper season, he broke into the senior side, played most of the season before tiring towards the end and was emergency to the 07 premiership side. In his third season, he cemented his spot in the first 22, providing some great run-downs and defensive pressure. He probably played his best match for the cats in the preliminary final. Ultimately the season was to end in disappointed.

This year, if the pre-season comp is any gauge, looks like being a break-out year for the young cat (he is only a few weeks younger than Joel Selwood). Now is your opportunity to get on board and be a contributing sponsor of the young cat.

This year, for sponsoring Travis, you get the chance to win a club membership Home 11 - with a September club add-on, a signed jumper from Travis, your name on the number 5 locker, which has had the odd decent player playing out of it, and the chance to attend the gala Season Launch. Additionally all contributors get a BFSC membership and I am trying to organise a question-answer session with Travis - for contributors only. You also get one or more of the new Varcoe 09 badges
sp-varcoe-09.gif
against your name.

However, in my opinion, the greatest reward is having a tangible stake in a player of the team we love. When watching the game, knowing that he is 'your' player adds a real connection between you, as the spectator, and the players on the field.

All proceeds will go to the club and a draw - based up on your contribution, will determine the prizes. The minimum contribution is $50 and you can pledge your support to the club and Travis at https://bigfooty.com.au/sponsor.

You have to hurry! Apart from anything else the season launch dinner is next Wednesday, the 18th of March.

Go Cats

Jim Boy

Hmm fifty might be a bit too much but will see what I can do. That $900 might cover it though.

Just put in a sponsorship for Varcoe.
How do I get the BFSC membership activated and get the Varcoe09 tag?
GO VARCOE!
CARN THE CATS
Jim Boy takes care of that :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$1200 I think

Its $1500 and we are about $250 short of where I'd like to be. There has been $1000 committed in contributions so far, plus $200 from BigFooty,

The dinner is the night after next so I am going to have to do the draw first thing in the morning. If you want to improve your chances, you'll have to commit in the next few hours.

I'm going to send out a reminder notice anyway.

Couple of hundred dollars short, which I'll wear (on top of my own contribution).

haven't run the draw yet, will so asap.
When do you need contributions by? I could probably chip in another $50, but that wouldn't be until the 1st of next month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back