Remove this Banner Ad

The Taylor Walker Show

Senior List
Suspended
Apr 8, 2009
In my own wake
AFL Club
Adelaide
Quite obviously there is a possibility that he will be taken as an uncontracted player, however I feel that there is a good chance a trade will be done.

What do you Gold Coasters thing will be fair - since he is now your number 1 target.

I think he would come as a uncontracted player or he will stay a Crow , but if that scenario unfolds and he keeps going forward for the next year and half he would demand a high draft pick , maybe 2.

Quite obviously there is a possibility that he will be taken as an uncontracted player, however I feel that there is a good chance a trade will be done.

What do you Gold Coasters thing will be fair - since he is now your number 1 target.

So how do u think this will unfold ?? i see he has knocked back an offer from the Crows , but he could be in the Dayne Beams boat and try to knock his price up.

I dare say should (god forbid knock on wood please don't ever happen) this happen the Crows would be very interested in the rights to Scott Lycett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know, kicked 7 last week, the boy can play and will only be 22 or so. I would like to see us pick up a couple of 10 year talents who are already established with our picks. Id be disappointed however if we traded more than one first round pick.

Think you will find CoastBhoy was saying no thanks to David Hale not Kurt Tippett.

No doubt if he keeps on improving at the rate he is then he will certainly be worth a top 10 pick come the end of 2010.

I dont know, kicked 7 last week, the boy can play and will only be 22 or so. I would like to see us pick up a couple of 10 year talents who are already established with our picks. Id be disappointed however if we traded more than one first round pick.

Yeah was referring to Hale and a top 10 pick , which has no chance , but for Tippett bring him on , has a lot of upside , but my gut says he will stay at Adelaide.

He was apparently enjoying the surf in his home town today;)

KURT_NEWS-

GCFC targets Kurt TippettNick Smart

June 19th, 2009

MIAMI product Kurt Tippett admits there is a big decision to be made about his future with the Gold Coast Football Club set to enter the AFL in 2011.

GCFC coach Guy McKenna has revealed the young Adelaide Crow gun is on the radar of the cashed up club, who will have an extra $1 million in the salary cap in its first season.

Tippett, who will be coming into his prime in 2011 at the age of 24, ticks every box for the GCFC and is a potential inaugural captain of the club.

He comes out of contract at the end of 2010 and is arguably the best Gold Coast AFL product since Nick Riewoldt was drafted in the 2000.

Tippett's recent seven-goal haul against Essendon was seen as his coming of age.

While the forward has been making noise for a long time, it was the breakthrough performance that forced the entire AFL community to sit up and take notice.

He will be very wealthy if he comes home to the Gold Coast, but Tippett is the first to admit that he is happy at Adelaide.

"There is definitely a decision to be made there." said Tippett.

"But having said that, I am very happy with how everything is going in Adelaide.

"I have bought a house down there and Adelaide have looked after me very well.

"Obviously there has been a bit of talk (about the Gold Coast) but I am trying not to think about that throughout the middle of the season.

"Everything will get sorted out in the off-season."

Tippett is back on the Coast for the mid-season break and said it was great to be home for a few days.

"I have a good time on the Coast catching up with family and friends," he said.

"The weather has been great so I was lucky enough to have a surf with dad on Wednesday morning, and I caught up with a lot of my friends up here yesterday."

He soon goes back to Adelaide but will be back on the Coast on July 4 for the Crows' clash with Richmond at Gold Coast Stadium.

McKenna said Tippett was a quality player that the Gold Coast would look at securing.

"He is displaying everything you would want in a key forward-ruckman in an AFL side and his last month of football has been exceptional," he said.

"Anyone from southeast Queensland is well and truly on our radar.

"It is going to be very hard to shake a bonafide player out of the club they are in now.

"But for the home-grown talent, it should be and would be an attraction to come home."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back