Kurt Tippett - what will be the trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

LMAO
You make a childish post like that and then ask ME how old I am :rolleyes:

If you had even half a brain you'd realise that I actually meant "bird in the hand" but accidently typed "bush" instead. I'd say you're possibly the least perceptive member in BigFooty history but why should I use superlatives when you're really no more or less than the average child on here.

A much smarter and more mature way for you to respond would be to say something like "I assume you meant hand and not bush" and then actually respond to the essence of what I was obviously trying to say.

But instead you prove yourself to be nothing more than the run-of-the-mill BigFooty troll :thumbsdown:

So basically I'm dumb, immature and a troll because where you said "Bush" i should somehow of translated this to "Hand".

FFS, if you wrote Hund, Band, Haaaand I might have had a shot. But when you wrote word for word the other half of the phrase wtf are people supposed to read?:rolleyes:

hahaha he would EASILY be worth pick 1.

Pick 1 is just a chance to have the first crack at a bunce of untried kids.

I would much rather the 22 year old 201cm full forward who has already shown he has a massive future at AFL level.

i agree 100% with this.

a proven kid versus the number one draft pick on an unknown, I know which one I would take.

the compensation would have to involve at least two first round picks. :thumbsu:

So basically I'm dumb, immature and a troll because where you said "Bush" i should somehow of translated this to "Hand".

FFS, if you wrote Hund, Band, Haaaand I might have had a shot. But when you wrote word for word the other half of the phrase wtf are people supposed to read?:rolleyes:

Sorry, my mistake. Obviously your post was reeeeaaaly mature.:rolleyes:

And "bush" obviously didn't make any sense but "hand" would make perfect sense. It's really the only word that would have made sense. You're obviously not smart enough to think even for a second that it's what I meant. So, if you couldn't work that out then maybe, in your own words (not mine), you're dumb.

the other thing that comes with the number one draft pick is media attention not only on the kid but also on the club take a look at what j watts is going through shit the gc would have to be 110% sure what they are drafting or they too will face the music

thats why you also give up your draft picks for tried and tested its a win win situation they dont have the means or the stucture to mould a number 1 2 3 pick yet they need the maturity around the club
this will probably give a few flokes the shits

From a neutral POV I would think pick 3 and a pick around 25ish sounds about right IMO.

From a GC perspective, they need to hold onto the first 2 picks and put them off limits. Pick 3 can be just as good as picks 4 - 7 IMO because teams can pick for needs and you can end up with a better talent and/or fit for your club in the end anyway, but it is still a good enough pick for the club recieving it (in this case Adelaide).

From an Adelaide perspective they will obviously not be keen to lose a talent of Tippett's calibre not to mention one that fits them so perfectly, but if he wants to head home, he will get there. This way they get a pick as high as they could hope for under the compensation system with the bonus of another dip at the talent pool of the best 30 kids in the country, which will be better then the pick they used on Tippett in the first place.

Sorry, my mistake. Obviously your post was reeeeaaaly mature.:rolleyes:

And "bush" obviously didn't make any sense but "hand" would make perfect sense. It's really the only word that would have made sense. You're obviously not smart enough to think even for a second that it's what I meant. So, if you couldn't work that out then maybe, in your own words (not mine), you're dumb.

Mate you're a ****ing idiot, you made a mistake, cop it sweet. Trying to claim your writing in reverse code does not make you smart or mature:rolleyes:

Mate you're a ****ing idiot, you made a mistake, cop it sweet. Trying to claim your writing in reverse code does not make you smart or mature:rolleyes:

Yeah mate, I made a mistake. But I wasn't the one who posted the crap you posted. You turned a good natured discussion into this. And you think that was mature?
You're no better than the average immature run-of-the-mill BigFooty troll. Bay 13 is the place for posts like the one you did, not team forums.

If you can't keep it civil on another team's forum then piss off back to your own

hahaha he would EASILY be worth pick 1.

Pick 1 is just a chance to have the first crack at a bunce of untried kids.

I would much rather the 22 year old 201cm full forward who has already shown he has a massive future at AFL level.
You're absolutely dreaming.

He'd be lucky to get a top 3 pick. Sure, he's a good player, but pick 1? You'd be lucky to get pick 1 for an out and out gun, not an up and comer.

Tippett would be worth the number 1 pick. He'll be developed more by then. 24 years old. But he'll probably negotiate his way into becoming uncontracted at that stage as to get the best young'un to play with him. So he'll be WORTH pick # 1, but adelaide will never see it.

Yeah mate, I made a mistake. But I wasn't the one who posted the crap you posted. You turned a good natured discussion into this. And you think that was mature?
You're no better than the average immature run-of-the-mill BigFooty troll. Bay 13 is the place for posts like the one you did, not team forums.

If you can't keep it civil on another team's forum then piss off back to your own

a) The Gold Coast isn't a team yet, it's barely a club.

and the less pedantic b) re-read the posts and see who dragged this conversation into the gutter after getting so precious that they had a cry after they made an honest mistake.

Notice Tippett kicked another 5 goals on the weekend ...

a) The Gold Coast isn't a team yet, it's barely a club.

and the less pedantic b) re-read the posts and see who dragged this conversation into the gutter after getting so precious that they had a cry after they made an honest mistake.

Notice Tippett kicked another 5 goals on the weekend ...

a) BigFooty » AFL Team Boards » Gold Coast » Kurt Tippett - what will be the trade?
You're on the Gold Coast board in the team section in case you didn't notice. Gold Coast IS a team and it IS a club. I've seen quite a few of their games. It's just not playing in the AFL yet.

b) "Possibly the dumbest post in BigFooty history?" "Honestly, how old are you? " That's where YOU dragged it into the gutter. Before you posted this crap, that's typical of young BF keyboard heroes, it was actually a friendly coversation between us.

And again, you take it even lower with your "precious" and "had a cry" comments. But I guess I should expect you to stick with an immature approach once you've decided to go down that road.

Look mate, I get the feeling you're actually a pretty cluey person. I also believe that when you were typing your "dumbest post in BF history" post you knew EXACTLY what I was intending to say in my previous post where I typed bush insead of hand. You may choose not to admit that here in this thread but I strongly believe you knew.

We'd been talking about the previous drafts high picks and discussing whether or not those 2 players were worth Tippett.
You were saying some of them were only worth 3rd rounders while Tippett was worth 2 first rounders minimum. You then made the comments about a bird in the bush.

In the context of the conversation where we were talking about Tippett and other "birds in the hand" from other teams and the fact that my comments made no sense with the word "bush" how could you NOT know what I was actually meaning to say?

If you were really mature, and I think you are, you admit that your "how old are you?" post was not the best way to respond to my previous post. And you'd even try to do it without sarcasm. It's sad that a lot of BF posters turn into keyboard heroes. I'd like to think you're above that.

a) BigFooty » AFL Team Boards » Gold Coast » Kurt Tippett - what will be the trade?
You're on the Gold Coast board in the team section in case you didn't notice. Gold Coast IS a team and it IS a club. I've seen quite a few of their games. It's just not playing in the AFL yet.

b) "Possibly the dumbest post in BigFooty history?" "Honestly, how old are you? " That's where YOU dragged it into the gutter. Before you posted this crap, that's typical of young BF keyboard heroes, it was actually a friendly coversation between us.

And again, you take it even lower with your "precious" and "had a cry" comments. But I guess I should expect you to stick with an immature approach once you've decided to go down that road.

Look mate, I get the feeling you're actually a pretty cluey person. I also believe that when you were typing your "dumbest post in BF history" post you knew EXACTLY what I was intending to say in my previous post where I typed bush insead of hand. You may choose not to admit that here in this thread but I strongly believe you knew.

We'd been talking about the previous drafts high picks and discussing whether or not those 2 players were worth Tippett.
You were saying some of them were only worth 3rd rounders while Tippett was worth 2 first rounders minimum. You then made the comments about a bird in the bush.

In the context of the conversation where we were talking about Tippett and other "birds in the hand" from other teams and the fact that my comments made no sense with the word "bush" how could you NOT know what I was actually meaning to say?

If you were really mature, and I think you are, you admit that your "how old are you?" post was not the best way to respond to my previous post. And you'd even try to do it without sarcasm. It's sad that a lot of BF posters turn into keyboard heroes. I'd like to think you're above that.

Whatever, I'm over it, I think we've both exchanged more posts than it was worth.

To answer your original quesiton (which I honestly thought you were mistaken in) my player in the hand is worth two in the bush assuming the birds are equal to begin with under the logic of the saying (which I happen to agree with). However, back a couple of pages to the original point I think my bird is superior to the two birds (picks 2 and 3) which someone gave the example of. Hence that is why I will dismiss other birds in the bush while keeping my bird in the hand.

You've convinced me to from now on avoid all metaphors and cliches on BF!

You're absolutely dreaming.

He'd be lucky to get a top 3 pick. Sure, he's a good player, but pick 1? You'd be lucky to get pick 1 for an out and out gun, not an up and comer.

Yet anothe fool who has fallen to the hype surrounding draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No not really , just facts , Chris Judd will always be a better player than Tippett but did'nt demand pick 1 , but in all honesty he will come as a uncontracted player or stay with the Crows.

LMAO at person who said Tippett is worth #1 pick!

Man so many of the Crows young players have been talked up over the years (of course this is because I'm in Adelaide).

Well, if he was in this year's draft I would take him at #1 ahead of the other kids going around, especially with the knowledge Kurt can perform at AFL level.

My gut feel is that if Kurt has any intention in going to the GC, he will go uncontracted and it will piss off a lot of Crows supporters. I seriously doubt he will go via a trade and in the process weaken the club he is going to.

The only way that the GC will be strong in the short term is if they get 5+ excellent quality players that are uncontracted and the priority will be players that play along the spine.

If they can get some good young talent uncontracted then it really opens the door for them to use their draft picks rather than trade them away.

Yet another gullible supporter who thinks that because they show promise it instantly demands the number one pick because "it's speculative who you might get out of the draft". Pure bullshit.

Bookmark this: If Tippett goes (which I doubt he will,) he WILL NOT be traded for pick 1.

Wow man. Chilax.

From reading your posts, I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black (or is that the hand calling the bush confused :confused:). If were a mod I would red card you for so obviously going off topic to defend your stupid comments and then blaming another poster for misinterpreting your error in your post. Seriously! Then you go and call for jo to keep it civil while telling her to piss off :eek:!

Any hoo. IMO it would be a big step backwards for Adelaide to lose Tippett (obvioulsy). While McKernan shows promise he is still a few years away, whereas Tippett is proven and still has so much development. #1 pick is not out of the question, particularly as GC seem desperate to have a marquee signing - someone with whom they can market their franchise for years to come.

I just hope that never comes to fruition!

Wow man. Chilax.

From reading your posts, I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black (or is that the hand calling the bush confused :confused:). If were a mod I would red card you for so obviously going off topic to defend your stupid comments and then blaming another poster for misinterpreting your error in your post. Seriously! Then you go and call for jo to keep it civil while telling her to piss off :eek:!

Any hoo. IMO it would be a big step backwards for Adelaide to lose Tippett (obvioulsy). While McKernan shows promise he is still a few years away, whereas Tippett is proven and still has so much development. #1 pick is not out of the question, particularly as GC seem desperate to have a marquee signing - someone with whom they can market their franchise for years to come.

I just hope that never comes to fruition!

Well we'd moved on from this so I don't see why you'd come on here and accuse me of going off topic while going off topic yourself.
And fwiw I told her to piss off IF she couldn't keep it civil AFTER she called me a f***ing idiot. I don't go onto the Adelaide board abusing you guys so I don't see why you should do it here. But as I said, we'd both moved on from this and think it's already gone further than it should have. If you continue this then the saucepan's obviously as black as the pot and the kettle ;)

But I agree with your comments on Tippett. If Tippett isn't uncontracted I can't see Adelaide letting him go without huge return. Depends on how much he improves and how much GC want him. And also who else might be on the radar at that time and how much they'll cost. Too early to say what'll happen at this stage

Well we'd moved on from this so I don't see why you'd come on here and accuse me of going off topic while going off topic yourself.
And fwiw I told her to piss off IF she couldn't keep it civil AFTER she called me a f***ing idiot. I don't go onto the Adelaide board abusing you guys so I don't see why you should do it here. But as I said, we'd both moved on from this and think it's already gone further than it should have. If you continue this then the saucepan's obviously as black as the pot and the kettle ;)

Well the saucepan's not black, but its getting a little tarnished :confused:. But you do have a fair point sausage man and you have my apologies ;). I hadn't actually got to your posts post the post I posted about, but now I have to say good job for building a bridge to get back on topic (BTW I don't think i was going off topic or abusing you, but merely mentioning that you had gone off topic - as i followed up my comments with some darn good insight into the whole Tippett / GC saga :p).

The potential value of Tippett is increasing everytime he kits up. Since moving into the forward line full time, he has kicked 20 goals in five games. He has the very real potential to kick 100 goals in a season - one of only a handful of players who could do this in the AFL at the moment (Fevola, Brown, Franklin, Roughhead, Riewoldt). If he were to go to GC then this would have to come into consideration when talking trade or compensation.

Well the saucepan's not black, but its getting a little tarnished :confused:. But you do have a fair point sausage man and you have my apologies ;). I hadn't actually got to your posts post the post I posted about, but now I have I say good job for building a bridge to get back on topic (BTW I don't think i was going off topic or abusing you, but merely mentioning that you had gone off topic - as i followed up my comments with some darn good insight into the whole Tippett / GC saga :p).

The potential value of Tippett is increasing everytime he kits up. Since moving into the forward line full time, he has kicked 20 goals in five games. He has the very real potential to kick 100 goals in a season - one of only a handful of players who could do this in the AFL at the moment (Fevola, Brown, Franklin, Roughhead, Riewoldt). If he were to go to GC then this would have to come into consideration when talking trade or compensation.

haha
You were on topic with regards to an off topic subject but also addressed the topic at hand so can't argue with that ;)
And I didn't say YOU abused me. It was regarding what led to my "piss off" comment which was before you'd posted:)

Yes, if Tippett continues to improve the way he has his value will continue to increase. But that doesn't always happen. Travis Cloke was showing excellent signs last year and has taken a big step backwards this year. Collingwood supporters have gone from expecting him to be a star to just hoping he'll get back to last year's form. This kind of thing isn't uncommon. It could happen to Tippett and come the end of next season he might have stalled. Not saying this will be the case but it might be.

Also, you guys have Walker, Sellar and McKernan who could all take the next step and guys like Maric and Griffin who could also be very good talls so come time for Gold Coast to enter the AFL you may be in the position where Tippett may not be so important to you. Again, this isn't definite either.

Until the end of next year we won't know how these guys are really looking and what value they'll hold. Tippett might be a star and GC might be willing to give up a lot for him. But it's too early to call at this stage

Can't compare a midfielder to a massive key position player mate.

Judd is over-rated these days.

Was soo much better at WCE.
lol, and he still didn't get pick 1, surely Tippet won't either.

Its not that he isn't worth pick 1 but it just simply doesn't go that way in the AFL system. If the Dogs had pick 1 this year I'd happily trade it for Tippet, don't know if the recruiting staff would though.

FWIW this saying Tippett won't get pick 1 because Chris Judd didn't get pick 1 is totally illogical.

By extension of this logic we're supposed to follow Trent Croad >>>>>>>>> Chris Judd as Trent Croad was worth pick 1.

You cannot compare two separate trading years as there are too many variables such as the side which has the pick, the strength of the draft etc. to make valid comparisons between years.

If he goes, it'll be as an uncontracted player and you would presume Adelaide would receive a first rounder, following their pick that they can use in any National Draft between 2012-2016. Considering we've never had a pick higher than #7, I'd be surprised if we get much better than pick in the 8-12 for Tippett which will be a rip off in anyone's mind considering how far he has come in a short time. He's kicked 32 goals this year, after spending the first half of the season in the ruck, only pinch-hitting in the forward lines. Its only in the last 3 weeks that he hasn't started in the centre square, whilst he has kicked 12 goals. He's also equal first in the league for contested marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back