Kurt Tippett - what will be the trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I like the Crows I think Tippet is gone. The whole we won't overpay for him I believe is an indication that the Crows believe that too. They will just suggest he has been blantantly overpaid.

I would doubt there would be a trade either. Why would the Gold Coast bother when they can get him for free? It defies logic to suggest a trade unless they were after two Crows but you think you would grab the cheapest one with a trade not the most expensive.

Can usually read between the lines when players want to go home, but in Kurts case.. there is nothing between the lines.. the club seems extremely confident of regaining kurts services for many years to come, and word is around town that kurt will be staying.

FWIW this saying Tippett won't get pick 1 because Chris Judd didn't get pick 1 is totally illogical.

By extension of this logic we're supposed to follow Trent Croad >>>>>>>>> Chris Judd as Trent Croad was worth pick 1.

You cannot compare two separate trading years as there are too many variables such as the side which has the pick, the strength of the draft etc. to make valid comparisons between years.

Fremantles involvement seems to be the major variable though.:thumbsu:

This is pointless though, it seems likely Kurt will resign over this summer, and this will all be pointless. If not he will go to GC as an uncontracted player and the AFC will receive at the minimum a top 4 pick from the AFL at a future draft, more likely top 2

This is pointless though, it seems likely Kurt will resign over this summer, and this will all be pointless. If not he will go to GC as an uncontracted player and the AFC will receive at the minimum a top 4 pick from the AFL at a future draft, more likely top 2

:eek: Re-sign you mean!

Surely there is very little chance of a trade.

Either Adelaide signs him up and he stays there or GC signs him as an uncontracted player for nothing.

Why would Adelaide sign him and then turn around and trade him? Why would GC give up valuable draft picks when they could sign him for free?

Is there something that I am not understanding here?

Surely there is very little chance of a trade.

Either Adelaide signs him up and he stays there or GC signs him as an uncontracted player for nothing.

Why would Adelaide sign him and then turn around and trade him? Why would GC give up valuable draft picks when they could sign him for free?

Is there something that I am not understanding here?

Im sure he will stay with Adelaide, but we would certainly love to have him as an inaugral KPP.

Aren't the compensation picks at the end of the first round. So Adealide would at best recieve the pick at first pick after the end of the first round? I.e. pick 17, 18, 19, 20 etc.

I think the AFL poored cold water on getting say a top 5 pick for a player as this penalises the poor preforming clubs and devalues the new clubs' draft picks.

If you lose a player, you won't be happy with the compensation. Getting pick 20 for Kurt Tippett would be a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you might have him as your first real KPF in 2-3 years however.
Heard roo speaking recently and thats what he reckons will happen, 2-3 years with us to have a crack at a flag with our youngsters and then have another crack as the gold coast when their youngsters come through. Sounded pretty convicned short term he was staying but longterm was gone.

Heard roo speaking recently and thats what he reckons will happen, 2-3 years with us to have a crack at a flag with our youngsters and then have another crack as the gold coast when their youngsters come through. Sounded pretty convicned short term he was staying but longterm was gone.
Well thats probably a better scenario given we wont be bent over by the threat of AFL devised compensation.

yep and once we've had our crack should get a handy draft pick or a player who is a bit younger as long as GC (or brisbane) are reasonable, should be win/win for both teams.

I just ant see Tippett going anywhere and the reason is because his decision will not be driven by money

Tippett is a player that hungers for team success and the Adelaide premiership window will truely be open for the next 5 years

The culture and facilities at the AFC club is outstanding and the young lads have become such a tight group

Tippett has recently purchased a house in Adelaide and his GF has just moved from Brissy to Adel

most importantly he seems like a very loyal guy and would want to repay adel for the faith they have shown in him and there investment in his development

finally I believe the return home factor is over stated and unless the GC lure some big name players I cant see Kurt leaving the opportunity to create premiership success in the next few years to go to a developing club

end of the day footballers want success and they want to be remembered as a premiership player, Kurt knows he has that opportunity at Adel over the next few years

I just ant see Tippett going anywhere and the reason is because his decision will not be driven by money

Tippett is a player that hungers for team success and the Adelaide premiership window will truely be open for the next 5 years

The culture and facilities at the AFC club is outstanding and the young lads have become such a tight group

Tippett has recently purchased a house in Adelaide and his GF has just moved from Brissy to Adel

most importantly he seems like a very loyal guy and would want to repay adel for the faith they have shown in him and there investment in his development

finally I believe the return home factor is over stated and unless the GC lure some big name players I cant see Kurt leaving the opportunity to create premiership success in the next few years to go to a developing club

end of the day footballers want success and they want to be remembered as a premiership player, Kurt knows he has that opportunity at Adel over the next few years

How do you know all this?

Yes seriously, you cant know all this unless you are a mole?

Are you a mole?

As a poster already quoted, how exactaly do you know all this?

Secondly, yeah, Adelaide has all that but the Gold Coast are willing to probably double the salary he's recieving from Adelaide and make him captain with the bonus of going back to his home town where his family and friends are, not to mention he grew up there and likes it's good weather enviroment.

Are you Kurt Tippett?

It has been said, by Kurt, that he has bought a house and his girlfriend has moved down. He's repeatedly said he is happy, the group of players is tight and that he plans to stay. Though of course until there's a pen and peper it means nothing :(

my views are based on what I have heard and read in various interviews this year, Kurt has mentioned on numerous occassions that he has purchased a home and that his GF is moving to Adel

Players such as Maric has come out and said that he believes Kurt will stay

Lynch said during the commetary of the Adel v Tigers game at the GC that it would be difficult to lure Kurt away from Adel

however Wall E is right until pen goe on paper its all specualtion, however reading in between the lines I do not believe that money will be the deciding factor. Like Beams who chosed to stay at the Pies instead of returning home to the GC the opportunity for success was the key factor, I believe (my opinion) Kurt will also weight success heavily in his decision making.

Adel is on the cusp of a successful period

It has been said, by Kurt, that he has bought a house and his girlfriend has moved down. He's repeatedly said he is happy, the group of players is tight and that he plans to stay. Though of course until there's a pen and peper it means nothing :(
Juddy said a near identical thing the year he was traded to Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back