Movie Twilight films....does anyone actually give a sh!t other than teeny girls?

Remove this Banner Ad

I will declare I am a 27 year old female and plenty of my friends and workmates at work of a similar age are obessed with it.

I watched the first one last week and couldn't understand the obsession. My reaction was "that was it?". I expected a lot more considering the hype.

In saying that, at least once a year there is a movie/series of movies which has this sort of hype for no reason (e.g. Harry Potter, Australia last year). A lot of movies now get released without much fanfare these days. I swear move companies put all thier effort into a select few to make big money out of them.

Don't get why people get angry about things like this. I'm not into Twilight at all, but I really don't care about it enough to get angry about it. I have zero interest in it so I shan't see it. Simple really.

Because it dumbs down a generation. The writing from the novel is what you would expect from a 5th grader.

And the fanbase is the most annoying ever, at least star wars fanboys don't scream at the top of their lungs and carry on as much as these ones do.

Meyers and this whole thing should be exposed for the talentless hacks they are.

In saying that, at least once a year there is a movie/series of movies which has this sort of hype for no reason (e.g. Harry Potter

At least the Harry Potter series is worth the hype. I'm not a fan per se but find myself getting into them when they turn up on Nine. They are enjoyable well written and acted pieces of escapism and I can see why people love them so much.

Don't get why people get angry about things like this. I'm not into Twilight at all, but I really don't care about it enough to get angry about it. I have zero interest in it so I shan't see it. Simple really.

^In case you didn't read it the first time:
Because it dumbs down a generation. The writing from the novel is what you would expect from a 5th grader.

And the fanbase is the most annoying ever, at least star wars fanboys don't scream at the top of their lungs and carry on as much as these ones do.

Meyers and this whole thing should be exposed for the talentless hacks they are.

Yes, I don't mind a bit of Harold Potter either (the novels, that is. I have only seen the first 2 or so movies). JK is a solid author in my opinion.

This is one of those phenomenons that I mostly ignore, but it can be hard to do so. I have a Facebook friend who updates her status about ten times a day and half of those updates are Twilight-related. She's into the fan fiction, too.

I got through 20 pages of the third book - I found a copy which someone had thrown away; I'm not sure whether they were trying to 'spread the joy' or whethey they simply couldn't stand it. It read like someone was taking the piss out of the vampire genre by mixing it with Home & Away. I'm sure most people on this board are capable of writing better, but for some reason a lot of people seem to love bad writers.

Anyway, enough of this twilight s**t. Well actually in aid of it.

Characters from other films, to make films better.

The 'fail' poster from the other thread housing Blade behind those two bad actors (vampires) was as funny as anything could get.

Commando in Jurassic Park. Major win. Imagine the final battle sequence?
Imagine T-Rex interrupting Commando on the toilet? whoa.

Anyway, my point - who to add to the cast list of this piece of s**t film to make it passable.

1. Blade
2. Hank Moody - enough of the corny one liner s**t. you need a man who gets straight to business and isn't preoccupied with this 'love' craze. and he'd nullify the terrible acting - screaming and loud moaning is involuntary.

633839569142980630-twilight.jpg

Quoted for Excellence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, encouraging them to read s**t is dumbing them down, although I will admit they were probably dumb to start with.
You are just being silly.

My younger sisters is now looking at a high 90's enter score thanks to this series. It really encouraged her to start reading regularly. As a result of the book it has improved her vocabulary and her ability to process written information. All which are dramatically improving her English mark at school.

If you do not enjoy reading this type of book then DON'T READ IT. Like the Harry Potter period it is encouraging kids to read and keep reading. People like you who are just raging the book down and mocking it need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

On a different note. The movie is horrid. I was forced to sit through the entire movie and no doubt will be forced to do the same with the second :( .

You are just being silly. My younger sisters is now looking at a high 90's enter score thanks to this series. It really encouraged her to start reading regularly. As a result of the book it has improved her vocabulary and her ability to process written information. All which are dramatically improving her English mark at school.

Surely you're trolling. As if reading one book will dramatically improve your comprehension and vocabulary - especially one as bad as Twilight. You would have to have already been an avid reader, or at least been reading regularly for the past few months. The only thing reading Twilight will teach your sister is how to use 4397 different phrases to describe how a vampire sparkles.

Perhaps she read some good fiction after reading Twilight.

Surely you're trolling. As if reading one book will dramatically improve your comprehension and vocabulary - especially one as bad as Twilight. You would have to have already been an avid reader, or at least been reading regularly for the past few months. The only thing reading Twilight will teach your sister is how to use 4397 different phrases to describe how a vampire sparkles.

Perhaps she read some good fiction after reading Twilight.
Twilight gets people into reading. My sister for example. They read the Twilight series and then want to keep on reading. From this perspective I think that Twilight is brilliant and I hope the series keeps on going.

Just because you don't like it, it does not mean it is a terrible book. As stated before the book is aimed at teenage girls and thus is written to suit them and is done so very well.

Anyway, enough of this twilight s**t. Well actually in aid of it.

Characters from other films, to make films better.

The 'fail' poster from the other thread housing Blade behind those two bad actors (vampires) was as funny as anything could get.

Commando in Jurassic Park. Major win. Imagine the final battle sequence?
Imagine T-Rex interrupting Commando on the toilet? whoa.

Anyway, my point - who to add to the cast list of this piece of s**t film to make it passable.

1. Blade
2. Hank Moody - enough of the corny one liner s**t. you need a man who gets straight to business and isn't preoccupied with this 'love' craze. and he'd nullify the terrible acting - screaming and loud moaning is involuntary.

Good old AC can bring a bit of Duchovny into any discussion! :thumbsu: :D

Twilight gets people into reading. My sister for example. They read the Twilight series and then want to keep on reading. From this perspective I think that Twilight is brilliant and I hope the series keeps on going.

Just because you don't like it, it does not mean it is a terrible book. As stated before the book is aimed at teenage girls and thus is written to suit them and is done so very well.
If that s**t washes with teenage girls then teenage girls are a declining breed.

They're integral but **** they're stupid.

no your right, it can be a terrible book and he can not like it.

If that s**t washes with teenage girls then teenage girls are a declining breed.

Im beginning to think we return to the days when only men are allowed to vote, Im uneasy about somebody who likes twilight voting for people to run the country.

Are you serious? The book is written for that specific demographic. It is the same demographic which generally watches "chick flicks" as well. Why don't you just group all of them into the one group and say that anyone who likes twilight or watches chick flicks is stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back