brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
With the thread going about the best games of 2009, lets discuss some of the worst games of 2009.

IMO, the worst game of 2009 by a mile was the Melbourne v Adelaide game. Melbourne failed to kick a goal until deep in the third quarter, yet nearly stole the game. Melbourne was a rabble, allowing at one stage Nathan Bock to bounce the ball something like 7 times! Adelaide weren't much better, but did enough to win. Horrible game to watch.

Another game I thought was quite ugly was actually the Grand Final. The goal umpiring blunder, St Kilda's constant diving, and St Kilda fade out in the last quarter resulted in a Grand Final hardly worth remembering.

Third on my list would be Adelaide v North Melbourne. North Melbourne kicked 3 goals for the game in what was one of those ugly, low scoring encounters.

What other games do you have in your 'not' list of 2009?

IMO, the worst game of 2009 by a mile was the Melbourne v Adelaide game. Melbourne failed to kick a goal until deep in the third quarter, yet nearly stole the game. Melbourne was a rabble, allowing at one stage Nathan Bock to bounce the ball something like 7 times! Adelaide weren't much better, but did enough to win. Horrible game to watch.
Agreed. I listened to it and it was an awful game.
I also nominate the game where Fremantle kicked 1 goal for the entire game. So horrifying that I don't remember who they played.

The 2nd derby this year was pretty painful to watch - except for the result.

Agreed. I listened to it and it was an awful game.
I also nominate the game where Fremantle kicked 1 goal for the entire game. So horrifying that I don't remember who they played.

Adelaide. And you're right. Shocking match.

From a neutral point of view (...:)) I find Neil Craig's Crows pretty boring to watch

That Adelaide Freo game was men against boys, felt pretty bad for Freo. I think they had half their team missing. Pavlich

The two Melb v Richmond games were genuinely awful. Apart from a nice cameo from Richo in the first, the skill levels were so low it made the auskick teams running around look like the Bombers circa 2000.

To mention any game other then Adelaide vs Fremantle is just ridiculous.

Adelaide's dominant victory against Fremantle saw the latter held to only 1.7 (13). This was the lowest score in Fremantle's history (its previous lowest was 3.7 (25) in 2004), the lowest score by a team at AAMI Stadium and the lowest score ever conceded by the Adelaide Crows (the previous record for each was set by North Melbourne three weeks earlier), and the lowest score by any team since 1961, when Richmond scored 0.8 (8). Fremantle was held to 0.1 (1) in the first half, the lowest half-time score since Fitzroy was scoreless in the first half in 1995, and the third time this season that Adelaide had held its opponent goalless to half time. Fremantle's 117-point loss was the equal worst in club history.

Worst game of footy I have seen in a long time.

It was decided by less than a goal but still managed to be extremly boring

Something like 20+ minutes in the third before a goal was scored? was the worst cluster**** of skills i've ever had the misfortune of viewing

I dunno, I enjoy watching teams get absolutely smashed.

If it had have been any other team but mine I reckon I would have quite enjoyed watching them only manage 1 goal for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, I like watching teams get absolutely smashed.

If it had have been any other team but mine I reckon I would have quite enjoyed watching them only manage 1 goal for the game.

If it is any team but my own giving a team a flogging like that I switch it off. Watching a pitiful display like that is the absolute worst part of football.

I Don't know about that? I was on the edge of my seat hoping they were not going to kick a goal :p

It was not that bad a game anyhow, Adelaide were simply fantastic.

I remember cringing at Port v Saints.

If it is any team but my own giving a team a flogging like that I switch it off. Watching a pitiful display like that is the absolute worst part of football.

I find games like that more interesting to watch (in a car crash kind of way) than a ho hum game where a team gets out to a 5 goal lead early and just holds it for the whole match.

St Kilda vs Freo @ the Dome - It was my second football match in a day after coming straight from the Port vs Hawks match and it was awful.

Port vs Freo - Toby Thurstans was BOG - that should sum it up.

Adelaide - Freo game for me. One of the few times I have felt bad for Freo. The Adelaide - West coast game later wasn't much better

I'd forgotten about the Freo 1 goal game but the Melbourne / Adelaide was a shocker from all aspects apart from a 10 minute burst where we were able to almost get back in the game.
Not only the game itself but the conditions. It was bitterly cold after having rained all afternoon - the rain stopping just prior to the bounce.
I thought the Grand Final was a great contest so not sure why someone included that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back