They call it "Saints footy"

Remove this Banner Ad

Who did Tiges play?

roflol_bumper_sticker-p128787432365627287tmn6_210.jpg

The same Saints supporters who in 05 and 06 were bitching and moaning about the Swans style of play, are now sticking up for an even worse style of play.

Talk about hypocrisy.

The difference between us and the Swans is that we always beat Collingwood.

Probably why so many Collingwood supporters hate our style of play because they can't beat it.

The difference between us and the Swans is that we always beat Collingwood.

Probably why so many Collingwood supporters hate our style of play because they can't beat it.

If only you could beat the Cats using that style of play :(

Re: Saints footy is amazing!

Winning Football > Losing Football simple as that. Dont care how it's done.

Tell me how was it knowing your team didn't make the GF last year OP?
And if your answer is that we lost the GF, all there is to be said is that it's better to make it than not.

Yet over the last hundred years we all know how its done,66:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference is, Saint's poor kicking is an anomaly, Whereas at Collingwood, it's a tradition!

It doesnt change the fact that it cost you GF apparently.
You Aints flogs just keep on raising the bar when it comes to lame excuses stakes.

Call it whatever you want.
Prelim winning, GF losing, defensive pressure, rugby union, It's always going to be boring..

I for one will be hoping the dogs show you street sex workers how to play some attractive football.

Will be a big game this Friday - Saints without their best forward, Bulldogs may be missing their best midfielder.

The most attractive style of football played vs Saints footy. Should be a cracker of a game.

Call it whatever you want.
Prelim winning, GF losing, defensive pressure, rugby union, It's always going to be boring..

I for one will be hoping the dogs show you street sex workers how to play some attractive football.

Will be a big game this Friday - Saints without their best forward, Bulldogs may be missing their best midfielder.

The most attractive style of football played vs Saints footy. Should be a cracker of a game.

How many years now is it that you Bullflogs have been playing "attractive" footy?

In the same time, home many Grand Finals have you made/won

/thread

I thought our 2 home and away games last year where we had a total of 60 scoring shots were quite attractive. :)

I understand the Doggies closed down the prelim to prevent the Saints scoring but it was still a cracker of a game.

Maybe you just don't like losing :thumbsu:

How many years now is it that you Bullflogs have been playing "attractive" footy?

In the same time, home many Grand Finals have you made/won

/thread

Sounds like you are comfortable with just making grand finals. That's Saints footy right there, as B2BW said. Don't worry about losing a gf, because your already happy with making it.

If I lost a grand final I would not be using that as a counterarguement to a team who is pretty much even with you overall.

Saints footy is 26 spoons one flag. Bulldogs footy is 1 flag and 4 spoons.

Western Bulldogs footy>Saints footy.

/thread.

Sounds like you are comfortable with just making grand finals. That's Saints footy right there, as B2BW said. Don't worry about losing a gf, because your already happy with making it.

If I lost a grand final I would not be using that as a counterarguement to a team who is pretty much even with you overall.

Saints footy is 26 spoons one flag. Bulldogs footy is 1 flag and 4 spoons.

Western Bulldogs footy>Saints footy.

/thread.

We got most of our spoons while Footscray was still playing in a 2nd tier competition.

A spoon playing in the VFL was still better than winning a flag in the VFA.

Certainly the Saints style footy is a winning style of footy.

It’s the Sydney floodfest style of football on steroids, rugby basically. St Rugby is all about neutralising and negating, bringing the skill level of the opponent down so your own skills and gameplan can work. The saints would rather stop you scoring than scoring themselves, it’s a defensive style of play. The saints can rarely catch a team from behind because their style is about grinding and stopping with the occasional short burst up the ground, like a player breaking the lines in Union or League to score a try.

Yes, it can be an effective style if done right, and the saints do it very well, but it’s akin to Laying and Praying used to win MMA fights. Yeah you win, but it’s boring as shit and a blight on the sport, where other equally effective styles of play are much more attractive and exciting to watch.

I for one hope StKilda do not win the flag, as it would encourage other teams to adopt this terribly repulsive brand of football, and the game of Australian Rules Football is better off without that garbage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back