Help Please - Friday Night hlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Fruity Allison's mark of the century v the Pies. That was a Friday night from memory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Saturday arvo methinks TT.

Fruity Allison's mark of the century v the Pies. That was a Friday night from memory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope.

Yep.

Sat arvo 1/6/1991, round 11 at the G.

Horse 5 goals, Fruity 3 goals and Darren Steele played a blinder with 37 touches

I still think it was a Friday night (or Saturday night) as I spilt beer all over myself and my lit Winnie Blue fell into my lap as I jumped from my seat in the Olympic Stand.

265487_1_M.jpg

EDIT: As I said, I'll happily stand corrected.

Defo daytime TT, hence the red ball.

[YOUTUBE]jld9ym2asyA[/YOUTUBE]

I still think it was a Friday night (or Saturday night) as I spilt beer all over myself and my lit Winnie Blue fell into my lap as I jumped from my seat in the Olympic Stand.

265487_1_M.jpg

EDIT: As I said, I'll happily stand corrected.

definitely a day game:club:

just show this 3 mins of footage, but i am sure channel7 will edit it as it shows Timmy (look at my Son) Watson getting pantsed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Dcm3q5v8g&feature=related

Leigh Brown's bag of six against the Crows was a night game from memory. :footy:

He also bagged 4 under lights when we rolled Essenscum in round 7 in 2007.

The Anvils true calling may have been as a night owl?

If I remember correctly that was the same game where Jesse Smith kicked a beautiful long goal after running off half back and having a few bounces, early in the first quarter.

I would include that highlight, but after what has happened he can get knotted.:thumbsdown:

Heath if I have one request can I suggest you dont just use the clip and put it to music, have some of the commentary included too, it was the glory days and the commentary was fantastic especially when we were lighting it up in the 90's. Have background muisic but fade the commentary in and out, and when Bruce and Robbo get excited pump up the volume mate.

I second that :thumbsu:

Covering the commentary, that provides the emotive symbolism of our Friday Night ventures would be a shame. Cries of "Careyyy" as he takes a towering mark against the Hawks etc. is commentary that we all hold dear and would give everyone a friendly reminder that we made Friday Night football what it is today. So, commentary in & out thanks Heath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John McCarthys 8.4 including a big hanger in Norths 92 point demolition of StKilda, round 21 1990.

John Longmires 9.5 vs Richmond , round 14 1991.

Careys last quarter heroics v Essendon, round 15 1993.
Wintson Abraham's goal running 20 metres the wrong way to the bundry line and kicking it on his left v Hawthorn semi final 2000

Adrian McAdam Friday night games in early 1994

McKernan's "ballburster" in the 125th Anniversary game, 1994.

Arch kicking one out of the air against Richmond in Round 4, 1994

Matthew Armstrong's goal in the 1995 Night Grand Final.

Longmire's goal in front of the Members Stand in the 1995 Qualifying Final.

Carey's mark against Geelong at the Punt Rd end in Round 6, 1996.

Martin Pike shepherding through a goal against West Coast in Round 1, 1998.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back