Roast Tonight's Umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

ARDENSTREETforever

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2003
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair dinkum it was the most disgusting display of umpiring i have ever seen tonight.
Just the way they imposed themselves on the game all night.

The one which did it for me was in the last term when we tackled a Lions player in their F50 and was called play on, then Nicholls pinged Pratt i think? for holding the ball, then 50m penalty for asking for consistency.

It was an absolute joke, and seriously looked as if the umpires got on the $6 on the Lions at half time.

I had a headache by the end of the game from my constant yelling at Nicholls.

He is the worst umpire in the league, and it seems we cop him every week.

He doesn't know what he's doing!!

They just about cost us the game in the end.

Very relieved we won, but it was just a horrid performance from the umps

Good umpires are the ones who you don't notice.
Tonight they were just trying to be bigger than the game, getting involved at every opportunity.
Disgraceful, and all three of them should be stood down.
Rant Over.
ASF.

wasn't the worst I've seen but wasn't good. The main problem is hey are told to pay every single thing regardless of how it effect the play at the time.

I'm over the way AFL is umpired these days. Its not going to change so you just have to put up with it

Nicholls will get 3 votes in the Lions B & F for this game . Makes it all the more pleasing when you win against the odds .

The last quarter was the worst I have seen for a long time

Drove up from the country for my first game of the year ,good game in the end .The umpiring was absolute rubbish i thought that we were hung at the end but managed to get over the line. it was'nt just one but all three umpires were bad so biased in the last . my brother umpires in the country he would have done better supports the Roos mind you ha ha .Go Roos!

We are North Melbourne. F**k the rest.

Amen brother.

That first quarter was great, we were dumped a couple of times after taking marks - no 50m. But it sure was sweet to see them walk back and slot them anyway.

Umpiring was atrocious. They were given an armchair ride all night.

Absolutely terrible. The most inconsistent thing was the 50 metre penalties. There were at least 4 that we didn't get, which I thought were obvious. Brown knocking the ball out of our player's hands in the final quarter almost sent me over the edge.

The holding the balls were just as bad. It wasn't so much the free kicks/50 metre penalties themselves, it was the lack of consistency.

And don't get me started on that boundary umpiring fiasco.

Yeah, the Fev mark. The boundary umpire who was closest said it was out. The other boundary umpire came from 100 metres away to over-rule. The thing is, the replay clearly showed he hadn't controlled it until it crossed the line... Sure, it was on the 4th grab, but he still hadn't controlled it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight the umpires were straight out cheating. I think the betting scourge has taken hold of the game. A royal commission might be needed to investigate corruption in the sport. The AFL will not do anything about it.
That last holding the ball decision was a dead set cheating call by that bald headed umpire. It was his big chance to collect. Dying minutes of the game, straight in front. Watching the maggot, he had the whistle in the mouth, ready to blow at any excuse. The club should do something about it or there will be a public lynching happening very soon.

The win is deffinatly in my top 3, Just thanks to that tosser.

Even after the sweetest win use north fans have had in awhile and in the middle of the celebration we still needed to boo the bald headed **** off the ground.

When supports boo you off during the song, You know you've ****ed up.

Re the Fev 'mark', didn't Scott Thompson touch the ball as well??? If so, how can it be paid a mark anyway (whether it was over the line or not)?

Agree with the comments about our players being held after taking a mark, and 50 metres against Daniel Pratt for asking for some consistency is appalling.

The umpires were crap.

The win is deffinatly in my top 3, Just thanks to that tosser.

Even after the sweetest win use north fans have had in awhile and in the middle of the celebration we still needed to boo the bald headed **** off the ground.

When supports boo you off during the song, You know you've ****ed up.

I humbly claim credit for starting that booooooo.

To my understanding, that bald headed pr*ck Nicholls use to work for the Brisbane Lions Melbourne office before his umpiring days!!

I call favourtisim!! Why else would he make stupid calls like that all night!!

Last 1/4 umpiring was unblievable, I thought they did enough to get Brisbane over the line then they stuffed it up by paying a throw against Black!! Very funny, they got the most amazing run of the whistle for 98% of the quarter then 1 crook decision & Black is screaming murder after the siren. That decision was wrong but geez you lot got crucified tonight.

Last 1/4 umpiring was unblievable, I thought they did enough to get Brisbane over the line then they stuffed it up by paying a throw against Black!! Very funny, they got the most amazing run of the whistle for 98% of the quarter then 1 crook decision & Black is screaming murder after the siren. That decision was wrong but geez you lot got crucified tonight.
How good if this game was played on Good Friday Night. Make it happen Dimwit.:thumbsu:

The umpiring was absolutely disgusting tonight, it was inconsistent and certainly didn't appear fair. Does anyone know how many goals came from Brisbane frees/50s and how many for us?

I hope the footy department is putting together a tape of a number of incidents that highlight the inconsitency (the incident when it was play on when Staker was tackled and then an instant later Spud is pinged holding the ball that resulted in a goal is a prime example) and that Eugene, JB, The Chief take it to Geesh and ask for detailed explanations on all the decisions.

North players were being pinged for HOB but Brisbane players weren't, North players were being penalised 50s for things that Brisbane players weren't.

There were also a number of holding the ball decisions paid against us where the contact looked very high - I thought the head was sacred. Seems like some heads are more sacred than others.

Even though Hale had an absolute shocker (and deserves to be dropped) there was an incident in the third quarter where he is going for the ball close to the goal square and his hand is grabbed by the defender clearly stopping his contest for the ball yet somehow the OPSM sponsored umpires were blind to it.

I haven't had the benefit of seeing a replay of any of the incidents - they are just the ones I can recall.

The umpiring was an absolute disgrace.

They tried to get the lions over the line.In the last qtr 2 50 mtrs and when they ran over the line on the mark when we had the ball the ump says play on.I was goin off my tree.Great win and to SEN who said durin the week that we should move stick that where the sun does not shine.We are North Melbourne and even with the Fev and Brown we still won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back