Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Our board has looked like this the past 5 years, the reality is that bad/developing teams give away undisciplined free kicks.. the other thing is that the poorer teams generally get the lowest ranked umpires each week.
We got Margetts in a Preliminary Final. Margetts and maggots eerily familiar

I think we have had Williamson and Goutsis more times than any other side the past 3 years
But not in a Prelim. I think every club has their favourite umpires they love to dislike . We have a new one 4 game umpire Buck Rodgers

Not sure anyone can mount an argument that the umpiring wasn’t horrendously one sided. Brought back memories of free kicks paid infront of the Social Club at Princes Park.

Anyhoo, we only cop it once a year so we probably should be grateful.
It’s not so much that opposition free kicks were there or not but it’s that fact we didn’t get the same luxury in front of our goals with the 50 50 frees. Makes a huge difference in games and changes momentum

Our board has looked like this the past 5 years, the reality is that bad/developing teams give away undisciplined free kicks.. the other thing is that the poorer teams generally get the lowest ranked umpires each week.
Your club never dominated inside ball, clearances, inside 50’s, scoreboard shots, basically every stat out there. Your side was pulled apart through the middle. Yet you somehow got the win. I wish I could put my finger on it. Hmmmm

Naaahh Gaso. The umpiring was bad back then too. If Longmire had got the frees he deserved he would have gone past 100 at least twice. Carey used to have blokes riding piggy-back on him in marking contests and they'd pay frees against him. Mick Martin only had to grimace and the whistle would be out in a flash.

The difference back then was that the team were genuinely that good they could ride a major deficit in frees.

When the coach was in a box in the AFL area my mother in law used to say she'd jump in fright when Pagan would bellow out a tirade against the umpires. She never wanted to sit in front of the coaches box but the rest of us loved it there. Pagan's death stare was about 24 stages darker than Cameron Zurhaar's yesterday, and when he got riled by umpires he could bellow out a roar that echoed half way around the MCG.
Different rules back then

The rules enabled a hack like SoS to be named Goat

A joke

I live in Docklands in the tower next to the one Sam lives in. I bumped into him in the pool once.

Everyone speaks highly of him as a neighbour.
640A2B73-3743-4F50-A53F-03B5BBFADA7B.jpeg A948B943-6243-4E5B-8A04-01272088E768.jpeg FC243DD9-75F3-43D5-B1A2-8BCC2E066CF3.jpeg

Make no mistake

90% of what “Sam” has done I don’t condone

But I’m just putting it out there that he’s not one dimensional

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Newman has made plenty of average and inflammatory public comments away from the Footy Show in the last few years. I'm sure he's a lovely guy though.

View attachment 1653713View attachment 1653714View attachment 1653715

Make no mistake

90% of what “Sam” has done I don’t condone

But I’m just putting it out there that he’s not one dimensional
I find that really difficult to understand because his political motivations speak for itself. It’s essentially what his beliefs are built on. He probably presents as a wonderful man to people that are middle class or above, however. What he has said about homeless people, low socio economic people and many more political positions, says it all.

Also, women wont run you over unless you’re a campaigner.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Just because we copped the raw end from the mrp why do we want McKay to get suspended? The games not what it once was . Little to no interest in watching any game outside of North Melbourne. So soft

Sorry when did you become a finals side competing for the flag? Also 5 year, come now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back