Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately that’s going to mean members need to change seats. Never goes down well.

Agreed. I've had my reserved seat in the front row at ground level for over ten years. I'm not moving to the 10th row or worse of another aisle just so some other people can avoid sitting near opposition supporters.

I was amazed that Carlton got away with the holding on LDU throughout the entire game. There must have been at least 6 times I recall where he was a metre or two from the ball and the Carlton player had their arms around his waist. It is becoming the only way to stop him.
Which, completely coincidentally, is exactly what Coniglio got pinged for showing repeated discontent about against Carlton the previous week.

They do work for each other a bit. Chom especially. He put on blocks and works up the ground a bit. But yeah good point. Altho there's also that we didn't have anyone to really go with them. Its heaps harder for those two to do what they did so easily if we have Ben and Log available. But its what W80 and Ben brown did for us very effectively. Worked hard up the ground to provide an avenue to goal for their teammates.

Our transition is pox and needs to be fixed too. I don't mind the long kicks but we need other options too.

For all the value of Sheeze on the backline I am starting to think we need to play him forward ... like he played up until the pre season.

What's the point of him kicking it out of the backline repeatedly if we don't benefit?

Wouldn't we be better using our forward entries to maximum value, which is what he seemed to do in his junior career.

But at the same time there is a clear benefit to him playing where he does. He's been taking kickouts and frequently we'll move the ball all the inside 50 from them.

I think Clarko's system might cover Sheeze not being there but really there's no way we know yet cos for his entire coaching career at the club Clarko has had Harry on the backline. LOL. It'll be intersting if TT comes back.

Hall into Sheezels spot

Sheezel up to forward line

Easy fix

Perhaps a reevaluation of the Carlton game is needed
They were actually pretty good
Their ground kicking was very accurate
So was their goal kicking
They had a plan for our forwards
And a plan for their big blokes which we had no answer for

When they had it they didn’t make many mistakes

We still would have kicked either straight to them or to a 2 on 1 up forward trying not to exaggerate but 10-15 times
Not counting say Howes pass? to Simpkin which just went back for a goal

Perhaps a reevaluation of the Carlton game is needed
They were actually pretty good
Their ground kicking was very accurate
So was their goal kicking
They had a plan for our forwards
And a plan for their big blokes which we had no answer for

When they had it they didn’t make many mistakes

We still would have kicked either straight to them or to a 2 on 1 up forward trying not to exaggerate but 10-15 times
Not counting say Howes pass? to Simpkin which just went back for a goal

Interestingly the coaches votes align somewhat with your comments.

North Melbourne v Carlton​

9 Harry McKay (CARL)
9 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Mitch McGovern (CARL)
3 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)

2 Zac Fisher (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)

While we got done by the umpires, we shot ourselves in the foot an awful lot (as we have done all year) with the method of our forward entries. We also had issues with our tall forwards (primarily Larkey, noting his incapacitation) not contesting well.

The coaches votes show that Clarkson rated Carlton's players higher than ours on the day, regardless of the rub of the green.

Interestingly the coaches votes align somewhat with your comments.

North Melbourne v Carlton​

9 Harry McKay (CARL)
9 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Mitch McGovern (CARL)
3 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)

2 Zac Fisher (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)

While we got done by the umpires, we shot ourselves in the foot an awful lot (as we have done all year) with the method of our forward entries. We also had issues with our tall forwards (primarily Larkey, noting his incapacitation) not contesting well.

The coaches votes show that Clarkson rated Carlton's players higher than ours on the day, regardless of the rub of the green.

Even though we played well and didn’t get the rub of the green, the fact is the game was over as a contest less than 10 minutes into the last. If McKay scores from the goal square, we were looking at a blowout. If Clarko started handing out Coaches’ votes to North, he would have been, rightly, laughed out of town by the media.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello,

Coincidentally I am a Lions fan but not here for that. Didn’t know if this was the right thread but what are the chances of Bergman coming back into side after missing with illness? Will he simply replace Howe or will he have to earn his spot despite being a late out?

Hello,

Coincidentally I am a Lions fan but not here for that. Didn’t know if this was the right thread but what are the chances of Bergman coming back into side after missing with illness? Will he simply replace Howe or will he have to earn his spot despite being a late out?
Hasn’t been named, isn’t in the emergencies. Probability of around 0% I reckon. He’s unlucky as he’s been showing some really good signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back