Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

To me the biggest difference between us and other teams is the effort defensively. Outside of Wardlaw nobody seems to be trying their hardest to catch or pressure the opposition.
Yep. We like all teams make mistakes, unlike most we aren't sitting on our opponents the second we do. There is a reason Spicer stayed in the team so long even with his weaknesses on display.

In fairness, we are the only side in the comp who switch the ball to then slow down the play. It’s infuriating. Ump forced to call play on because blokes like Corr are just standing still with the ball. Directionless.
Completely agree however there are two parts to this:

• our defenders don’t have the execution to pull off the move quickly kick
  • our wings and flanks bar Scott do not provide an option in transition

Both were obvious at the game. It was a stark contrast to Hawthorn who turned the ball over and went AND had an option.

And the key forward doesn't even play as a key forward. Larkey is always looking for the ball over the back. Granted he's kicked a fair few goals just so many are more opportunist like than a typical FF.
Can only think of once where the ball was kicker to his advantage yesterday. I won’t excuse many yesterday, but there isn’t much more he could have done. Our ball movement was disgusting.

There is literally no other way to learn and develop. Which is odd because making mistakes has been our one constant.
Yep.

See the difference though between a Goater splicing one off the side of his boot trying to chew off a 45 degree kick to open up the play vs holding the ball whilst the opponent practices setting up their zone then kicking it 45m to a congested pack. One takes bravery and actually has a chance of opening up the play, the other at best leaves you with a contested mark in the most congested part of the ground.

I heard a bit of Corr post game on the radio - he spoke pretty well and good on him for talking at all, but he did say that they expected to win that game. God knows where this self-belief came from, but at no stage did the team play like it knew how to win or thought it would.

Can only think of once where the ball was kicker to his advantage yesterday. I won’t excuse many yesterday, but there isn’t much more he could have done. Our ball movement was disgusting.
Lol yeh like when it was a 3 v 1 with an inside 50 entry and we lace out the Hawthorn defender.. could up just kicked the skin off it and we would of kicked the goal. 🤦‍♂️

I heard a bit of Corr post game on the radio - he spoke pretty well and good on him for talking at all, but he did say that they expected to win that game. God knows where this self-belief came from, but at no stage did the team play like it knew how to win or thought it would.
Staggering given they pretty much stopped acting like it once Tucker kicked his goal. I can't decide whether that belief is a good sign or bad one given how we are going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F***ing lol.

We’ve won a total of 7 quarters of football since the Sydney shitshow.

We need to have players that can run. Plain and simple. Another 5 Goater types needed to even try and play the modern game plans.
Total km covered 257km to the Hawks, 252km for North. Running at top speed 47km Hawks, 41 kms for North. That is a massive difference in top speed running and pretty much what my eye ball were telling me at the ground.
Note: these stats are from memory. I can't get my AFL app to verify the information this morning.

Such a weird vibe, ever since the bye we’ve come back not up for the contest, like not even trying to compete,
I wonder if some players have been told they’ll no longer be on a list next year or some serious homes truths were told, some have figure out mathematically they can’t play finals or simply the players went off on a massive bender but something has changed..

Last edited:
I've said it before I will say it again.
WE CANT TACKLE FOR SH!T!!!!!!!!!!

What's the point of laying a tackle if we dont take the arm and they just spin and handleball away?

What's worse is the other teams know we are weak tacklers and are now exploiting this fact.
Teams are now fighting hard for tha ball in the clinchers knowing we will cough it up.

Out worked, out muscled, just down and out.

I've said it before I will say it again.
WE CANT TACKLE FOR SH!T!!!!!!!!!!

What's the point of laying a tackle if we dont take the arm and they just spin and handleball away?

What's worse is the other teams know we are weak tacklers and are now exploiting this fact.
Teams are now fighting hard for tha ball in the clinchers knowing we will cough it up.

Out worked, out muscled, just down and out.
Our skills can’t get any worse, I’d take the footballs away from training until such time as they want to compete again.
Wrestling/judo/boxing/running/swimming

Completely agree however there are two parts to this:

• our defenders don’t have the execution to pull off the move quickly kick
  • our wings and flanks bar Scott do not provide an option in transition

Both were obvious at the game. It was a stark contrast to Hawthorn who turned the ball over and went AND had an option.
I'd almost suggest that our wings and flanks bar Scott don't provide an option in transition, and also do not support the back 6 defensively.

Our skills can’t get any worse, I’d take the footballs away from training until such time as they want to compete again.
Wrestling/judo/boxing/running/swimming
Just constant tackling training, make it into a competition and the losers get to sprint laps.
Far to often we are getting the ball and not able to break a tackle, or centrers seem to invite the contact.
Need to do better in this area or the floggings will continue.

I was sitting in the ED of Sunshine Hospital waiting to see my old Mum (88) who had been waiting to be admitted to what turned out to be Pneumonia on Thursday. Still in here with a lot of s**t to overcome...

North are the biggest rabble I've seen in my time as a supporter, but it's insignificant in the big scheme of life.

Stick fat friends .
Here's to your mum mate, thinking of her.

All the best to your mum mate. 💙

My son’s U11 game which clashed with North’s game v the Hawks just happened to be against Hawthorn Citizens U11 team.

As they ran out after halftime I said to him “they’re wearing Hawthorn like jumpers. Let your mind wander and take them on like you’re representing North v Hawthorn today!”

Looking outclassed and down by three goals at halftime he played a blinder out of FB and his side kept them scoreless for the entire second half, going on to win by 5 goals.

As North’s game petered out he said “all it takes is belief and effort dad” shaking his head as he wandered off disappointedly.
Get him to rev them up before the next game.

Lol yeh like when it was a 3 v 1 with an inside 50 entry and we lace out the Hawthorn defender.. could up just kicked the skin off it and we would of kicked the goal. 🤦‍♂️
That was the worst moment of the game. I can't even remember who kicked it I was so pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back