The Best 3 Albums In a Row from a Band

Already been said, but I'd probably go with Metallica. Ride The Lightning / Master of Puppets / ...and Justice for All. 3 absolutely amazing albums.

But even more impressive, I reckon Iron Maiden have the best run of 5 albums ever.

Number of the Beast / Piece of Mind / Powerslave / Somewhere in Time / Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

The Arctic Monkeys three albums first two didn't have one bad song IMHO and while humbug was a departure from their other stuff it was still very solid

OK Computer isn't a great album? You obviously haven't listened to it enough, it's as close to musical genius as I have come across. Only Tool's Aenima can rival it imo. Both those albums are mindblowing and are on another level to anything else I've heard.

The Bends and Kid A are both great albums too but suffer in comparison to OK Computer.
There are some really great songs on it ofc. Karma Police, Paranoid Android and the like, but there are some stinkers on it imo. Also Kid A is a stinker really. I've listened to it and I really just don't like it.

There are some really great songs on it ofc. Karma Police, Paranoid Android and the like, but there are some stinkers on it imo. Also Kid A is a stinker really. I've listened to it and I really just don't like it.

When I bought OK Computer, the only two songs I liked at first were the two singles, Karma Police and Paranoid Android. I thought the rest of the album was awful and even considered taking it back for a refund. Then I kept listening to it and after a while I realised how brilliant it was, the whole album just ties together perfectly.

The same goes for Kid A and a lot of Radiohead's stuff, what may seem awful at first can be brilliant after a few more listens. A lot of the best music isn't the catchy s**t that hooks you straight away.

Modern Life Is Rubbish / Parklife / The Great Escape - Blur[/quote]

PJ Harvey - Dry / Rid of Me / To Bring You my Love

Beth Orton - Trailer Park / Central Reservation / Daybreaker

this
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals
Tool - Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus

this:
Pixies Surfer Rosa Doolittle Bossa Nova, ideally.

Led Zep 1 2 3

and this:

-Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Masters of Reality

-The Clash, Give 'em Enough Rope, London Calling

-Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetable, In God We Trust Inc, Plastic Surgery Disaster (Dead Kennedys)

-Ramones, Leave Home, Rocket to Russia

-Green Mind, Where You Been, Without a Sound (Dinosaur Jr.)

Queens of the stone age - Rated R/Songs for the deaf/Lullabies
Supergrass - Init for the money - S/t - Life on other planets
Beck - Mutations - Midnite Vultures - Sea Change

I'd probably go S/T, Rated R and Songs for the Deaf with QOTSA, even though I rate Lullabies highly.

A band that hasn't been mentioned yet (I don't think) would be Faith No More with 'Angel Dust', 'King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime' and 'Album of the Year'.

Dead Can Dance - Spleen and Ideal, Within the Realms of a Dying Sun, The Serpents Egg

Amon Tobin - Permutation, Supermodified, Out From Out Where

Nick Cave - Either Your Funeral, Tender Prey, The Good Son or Let Love In, Murder Ballads, The Boatmans Call

Motorhead - Self Titled, Bomber, Overkill, but they would s**t it in with AoS and No Sleep added.

Sixtoo - Antagonist Survival Kit, Chewing On Glass and Other Miracle Cures, Jackals and Vipers in Envy of Man

I'd probably go S/T, Rated R and Songs for the Deaf with QOTSA, even though I rate Lullabies highly.

A band that hasn't been mentioned yet (I don't think) would be Faith No More with 'Angel Dust', 'King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime' and 'Album of the Year'.

Yeah I agree with QOTSA. Self-titled is their best album IMO.

Faith No More I'd have -The Real Thing, Angel Dust, King for a Day Fool for a Lifetime

Seconded:

Tool - Undertow, Aenema, Lateralus
The Beatles - Revolver, Sgt Peppers, White Album
Pink Floyd - DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, Animals

Different albums than others

Led Zep - 4, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti (2,3,4 are also good, but I PG is my favorite Led Zep album).

Different

Public Enemy - Nation of Millions, Fear of a Black Planet, Apocalypse 91
Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication
The Dandy Warhols - Come Down, Tales From Urban Bohemia, Welcome to the Monkey House
Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste, Psalm 69
Michael Franti & Spearhead - Stay Human, Everyone Deserves Music, Yell Fire!
Helmet - Meantime, Betty, Aftertaste
NIN - Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush, Harvest, Time Fades Away
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Mothers Milk, Blood Sugar Sex Magic
TISM - Great Truckin' Songs, Hot Dogma, Machiavelli and the Four Seasons
Ween - Chocolate and Cheese, 12 Golden Country Greats, The Mollusk
Rage Against The Machine - RATM, Evil Empire, Battle of Los Angeles
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - (Orange) Now I Got Worry, Acme, (Plastic Fang); Can't decide between the albums in brackets

iggy and the stooges - raw power, fun house, self titled.
maybe metallic ko instead of self titled.
sonic youth - daydream nation, dirty, sister.
the clash - london calling, self titled, give em enough rope.
black flag - the first 4 years, my war, loose nut

Achtung Baby was one of their better albums imo, if not their best. Their albums after that were pretty patchy though.

Yeh I love Achtung, but their following 2 albums whilst being reasonalbly good, certainly arent favourites of mine. Theres the old u2 and new, and i def prefer the old overall. I hardly listen to anything past Achtung and i dont think ill bother seeing them again when they come out. Once youve seen Under a Blood Red Sky, even if its on DVD, it just doenst get any better ;)

Bruce Springsteen

• Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)
  • The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle (1973)
  • Born to Run (1975)
Each rated 5 stars by All Music Guide. In fact, Springsteen's first eight albums have an average rating of 4.88/5 on the AMG website, with Darkness on the Edge of Town (1978) and Tunnel of Love (1987) being the only ones to score less than 5 stars ("just" 4.5 each)

Rage Against the Machine

• Rage Against the Machine (1992)
  • Evil Empire (1996)
  • The Battle of Los Angeles (1999)
Slayer

• Reign in Blood (1986)
  • South of Heaven (1988)
  • Seasons in the Abyss (1990)
Metallica

• Ride the Lightning (1984)
  • Master of Puppets (1986)
  • ... And Justice for All (1989)
The Jam

• All Mod Cons (1978)
  • Setting Sons (1979)
  • Sound Affects (1980)
The Von Bondies

• Lack of Communication (2001)
  • Pawn Shoppe Heart (2004)
  • Love, Hate & Then There's You (2009)
Motörhead

• Bomber (1979)
  • Overkill (1979)
  • Ace of Spades (1980)
Iron Maiden

• The Number of the Beast (1982)
  • Piece of Mind (1983)
  • Powerslave (1984)
AFI

• Sing the Sorrow (2003)
  • Decemberunderground (2006)
  • Crash Love (2009)
Sepultura

• Beneath the Remains (1989)
  • Arise (1991)
  • Chaos A.D. (1993)

Can't go past The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A.

Elliott Smith: Self-Titled, Either/Or, XO
Mew: Frengers, And The Glass Handed Kites, No More Stories

:thumbsu: Impressed.

Flaming Lips from The Soft Bulletin onwards (Actually make that 4 in a row)
Boards of Canada from Music has the right to Children.
Elbow: All four albums are excellent.
Primal Scream: XTRMNTR to Evil Heat (Only 2 I know but as good as 3 :D)
Pink Floyd: Meddle to Wish you were

I'm going for seven - Eurythmics:

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Touch
1984 (For the Love of Big Brother)
Be Yourself Tonight
Revenge
Savage
We Too are One

All seven made the top ten in both the UK and Australia.

Led Zeppelin - LZ 3, LZ 4, Houses of the Holy
Crowded House - Crowded House, Temple of Low Men, Woodface
Rolling Stones - Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers
Radiohead - The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A
Sigur Ros - Ágætis byrjun, ( ), Takk...

Back