M.Still & T.Slattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Ess will rookie them if they are still available. Surprised that they let Tyson Slats go over Atkinson or Lonergan. Obviously Jimmy is more concerned about midfield depth rather than more KPP...

Darcy Daniher to come back from injury probably meant the end of Still...unless there is an injury that perhaps us supporters arent aware of.

Im tipping both to be in red and black again in 2011.. but as rookie listed players.

Ess will rookie them if they are still available. Surprised that they let Tyson Slats go over Atkinson or Lonergan. Obviously Jimmy is more concerned about midfield depth rather than more KPP...

Darcy Daniher to come back from injury probably meant the end of Still...unless there is an injury that perhaps us supporters arent aware of.

Im tipping both to be in red and black again in 2011.. but as rookie listed players.

No certainty that they will be available to be rookied.

Other clubs may jump in first.

dyson is contracted, slattery is the only small defender on the list. on the other hand t. slattery doesn't play in a unique position and i guess they've got Joe Daniher to agree to come to us and think he'll be a good one. not that i agree with these delistings. atkinson and lonergan would have been my preferred delistings.
Wow I wondered how Dyson was contracted so I saw on your website that he played every game and won a most improved in 2009. So obviously he got a 2 year deal out of that. Surprisingly though I can't remember him having a good game in 2009 or any year for that matter. He's exactly the type of player you need to move on but can't, but as a Melbourne supporter I know all about that.

Was just as good as Ryder on ANZAC day 09 tbh. The contract he got in 2007 was 30/70 - and it wasn't until that ANZAC day game people started to say maybe it was a good call. But the contract he got at the end of last year was completetly there. He got knocked around with injury this year and didn't really recover until the "knight-mare" started in the second half of the season so he had a terrible season this year.

Yep. Sorry, got me on a technicality. difference between end of 1st round comp pick and early 2nd round pick is only 3 picks.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/houli-richmond-deal-hits-trouble-20101010-16e0v.html

Regardless, top 30 pick for Houli was a ridiculous ask.

Essendon supporters won't miss him.
Richmond supporters don't care if they don't pick him up.

Sums it up really.

You still don't understand the whole concept of us not going to use the pick you offered up do you? The trade was pointless to us, thus we didn't do it.

I was really surprised with Still being delisted. He played a handful of good games for Bendigo. I hope we consider rookie listing him.

Agreed. Hopefully we rookie him as a project player for 2-3 years time.

I thought he showed a lot considering his physical limitations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow I wondered how Dyson was contracted so I saw on your website that he played every game and won a most improved in 2009. So obviously he got a 2 year deal out of that. Surprisingly though I can't remember him having a good game in 2009 or any year for that matter. He's exactly the type of player you need to move on but can't, but as a Melbourne supporter I know all about that.

Obviously you don't pay to much attention when you are watching the footy. Dyson was good in 2009 and was close to our best player in a number of games.

Obviously you don't pay to much attention when you are watching the footy. Dyson was good in 2009 and was close to our best player in a number of games.

I am no Dyson basher, and i do watch nearly every Dons game. I gotta say i didnt see it. I know its the general concensis of this board that he killed it in 09 and many people say he did also. I still thought he had an ordinary year as far as an afl footballer is concerned. How old is he now? How many seasons/preseason has had to get to the standard he is at (below standard IMO)?

Just my 2 cent but ill continue to hope to be proven wrong.

FWIW

Slattery has shown more than Still at this stage..

How many people here (Essendon supporters) actually watched any Bendigo games this year that were not on TV?

Yes I went to 3 games live and watched a lot on the TV as well. Still can take a good mark but didint overly impress me with his workrate. He is also super skinny and not overly tall. Carlisle was way more impressive.

Tyson Slats was one of Bendigos best off the half back line this year so Im surprised that they have cut him loose...

I am no Dyson basher, and i do watch nearly every Dons game. I gotta say i didnt see it. I know its the general concensis of this board that he killed it in 09 and many people say he did also. I still thought he had an ordinary year as far as an afl footballer is concerned. How old is he now? How many seasons/preseason has had to get to the standard he is at (below standard IMO)?

Just my 2 cent but ill continue to hope to be proven wrong.

What are you talking about? Nobody on our board said "he killed it" in 2009 so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that this is the general consensus.

He started poorly and was under pressure to retain his spot. From there he pulled out some good games and overall had a decent/good season.

The other poster is suggesting that he didn't play 1 decent game in 2009 or at any other stage in his career. Clearly the guy has no idea at all about football or is simply trolling.

As fo his age and experience, this has absolutely nothing to do with my post or the point I am making.

Yes I went to 3 games live and watched a lot on the TV as well. Still can take a good mark but didint overly impress me with his workrate. He is also super skinny and not overly tall. Carlisle was way more impressive.

Tyson Slats was one of Bendigos best off the half back line this year so Im surprised that they have cut him loose...

Still could not get into more dangerous positions, always seemed to lead where the ball, was not going to..

People do not see Still has a massive neck and inflates his height, he really is, a small forward with a long neck.

I really like the look of Carlisle though, a definite keeper, and hopefully Joey.D can be the final key in the cog and play full forward (as I have resigned myself for some time that big Jay will only ever be a so so player).

Ummm they're brothers mate.

fg_390.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back