Social Science Hearing someone you know take a dump...does it change the relationship?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can expand on this thread by commenting on what we've noticed while we've been in a cubicle. For me, it was noticing that a particular colleague never washed his hands after taking a #2. Which prompted me to remember Seinfeld "Poppy's been a bit sloppy!"

[YOUTUBE]ssktVpcv9WI[/YOUTUBE]

So I asked management to send out an email reminding employees of bathroom etiquette. I have since noticed that he now washes his hands after a #2, not satisfactorily in my opinion, but it's a start.

lol great thread

however, I agree with BigKahunaBlue and think the 'etiquette' described by powerful_girl is pretty ridiculous, its a toilet ffs, if you've gotta go, you gotta go. the normal social etiquette of not farting in the workplace etc goes out the window when you're in there

Maybe re-phrase to "Ladies toilet etiquette"??

I do think the rules are generally different in the ladies,

But I certainly don't want to hear or smell anything from another cubicle when I am in there.

Maybe re-phrase to "Ladies toilet etiquette"??

I do think the rules are generally different in the ladies,

But I certainly don't want to hear or smell anything from another cubicle when I am in there.

Tbh, some ladies toilets (public ones, not at work) are bloody disgraceful.. some things I've seen -shudder-.

As for the ones at work, I dont usually have any problems, we have one that is a single one, so its pretty private. :thumbsu:

Nobody wants to hear or smell anything but when you enter a public or shared toilet you have decided that the urge to go yourself is more important than avoiding smells and sounds.

I'm sure everyone would love to take an odourless dump without any straining, gas etc but unfortunately you can't control what your stomach, intestine and bowels do.

tl;dr - i agree its not pleasant but you gotta suck it up, or hold it until you get home/elsewhere if you've got a problem with it

Tbh, some ladies toilets (public ones, not at work) are bloody disgraceful.. some things I've seen -shudder-.
Almost all of the complaints at my work are to do with the Ladies toilet. You'd think the Men's would be messy. The signs and emails about the Ladies are rather frequent.

I have been to ladies toilets before as an emergency and my goodness it was disgusting.

Woman conveniently complain about males being pigs..but some of the messiest most disgusting people i have shared space with have been females.

I lived in a sharehouse when i was 21 with some chicks and they would just discard tampons in the bin and let them sit there for days..so essentially there would be like 5 tampons in the bin for days before i had to empty them.

The hair in the sink and blocking the drain in the shower used to s**t me. I would be the one picking it out of the drain because it was too disgusting for the girls to do, even though it was there hair!

The sink would be covered with long hair. I used to hate it.

Also i used to see some pretty big skiddies left by the girls.

Dirty undies on the floor on the laundry for days even weeks.

empty toilet rolls not put in the bin or left on the holder while they use a new one.

But tampons..bloody tampons. argh!

My pet hate is when you're sitting there and someone goes into the cubicle right next to you despite there being vacancies elsewhere with gaps either side.

Do people have favourite cubicles or something?

My pet hate is when you're sitting there and someone goes into the cubicle right next to you despite there being vacancies elsewhere with gaps either side.

Pack mentality.

It's the same as when you park in an empty car park and someone decides to park right next to you despite having the whole area for themselves.

We humans are followers, well the majority are anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that annoys the erm crap out of me - give a man some room.

I reckon the worst is when you are having a harmless piss and a guy walks in to the shitters and instead of waiting for you to exit, they the commence movement of the bowel.

seriously on average (I know I have timed this) it takes a male 45 seconds to take a piss and 20 seconds to wash their hands - this should be about 30 seconds if you do it properly but anyway.

so instead of ruining my day - how about you wait the extra 30 seconds and let me get the **** out of the toilet!!!

Another thing that annoys me is the guys who wait till after 5.30 at work to take a dump - (our A/c goes off so ventelation in the dunny is also reduced) so you need to cut through the stentch to take a piss :(

I fear for the day when some of you move in with your partners.

been married for 5 years (lived to gether 10) I have taken 1 s**t in her "presence" due to being in a hotel room and getting food poisoning.

otherwise, when in a hotel I wonder down to the lobby to get one out or use ones around the area in which I am sight seeing (especially in europe - I'm not paying 10 or 20E to take a piss.)

at home I wait till she has gone to bed or not at home...... I did make us renovate our house with a toilet outside the bathroom rather than in so I probably have a issue with these things :D

But tampons..bloody tampons. argh!

Pads are worse.. I've seen one or two in my time on the floor of public restrooms.

God some people are ****ing PIGS. :thumbsdown:

This too, shits me to tears.

Same kinda thing with treadmills at the gym too. Oh ok, you wanna cuddle up with me while we jog?!?! Share some sweat?!?! ****. Off. Onto. Another. Treadmill... but I'm going off topic now..

at home I wait till she has gone to bed or not at home...... I did make us renovate our house with a toilet outside the bathroom rather than in so I probably have a issue with these things :D

I've never lived in a house with a toilet in the bathroom.

I do not get that at all- imagine someone is in the bathroom showering (can be up to an hour sometimes), you are busting to go- or even worse have gastro or something. What are you meant to do?!?!?!

Separate toilets FTW.

When you gotta go, you gotta go. :p

I've been in some of the strangest and dirtiest loos in the world but when nature calls you put your pride in your pocket and let it rip.

Ever try going to one of those hole in the ground loos, it's an art, trust me. :D For all you sensitive folk, don't try using a public loo in Paris, they're uni-sex. or they were. it's sort of back to back.

Which reminds me must go outside now on "land mine" patrol as my 2 woofers use the yard as their own personal thunder box. Just hose it into the ground.:thumbsu:

When you gotta go, you gotta go. :p

I've been in some of the strangest and dirtiest loos in the world but when nature calls you put your pride in your pocket and let it rip.

Ever try going to one of those hole in the ground loos, it's an art, trust me. :D For all you sensitive folk, don't try using a public loo in Paris, they're uni-sex. or they were. it's sort of back to back.
:

Surely the public toilets in Paris cant be as bad as Flinders St ones??? God they are awful, I walked in and just walked straight back out, would rather get sick from holding it than use them. ;)

Also at girl scouts camp in Michigan, where I worked for the summer, they had "lattrines". Dam it was awful using them to, the smell was downright foul.

Tried to use the ones in the buildings (ie. shower block) with plumbing as much as I could, lol.

[YOUTUBE]lC7k4XT3IBQ[/YOUTUBE]

When i'm on the public bogs i've been known to make this sort of sound at a nice steady tempo. Get's a few laughs when I come out doing it and people relise it's me and not the dripping dunny. :D

I've never lived in a house with a toilet in the bathroom.

I do not get that at all- imagine someone is in the bathroom showering (can be up to an hour sometimes), you are busting to go- or even worse have gastro or something. What are you meant to do?!?!?!

Separate toilets FTW.

I'm pretty casual when it comes to house-hunting but I refuse to live in a house where the toilet is not contained in its own room.

Last house I lived in with my gf was two storey with two bathrooms. One upstairs, one downstairs. We had a great arrangement. Upstairs was hers, downstairs was mine.

I'm pretty casual when it comes to house-hunting but I refuse to live in a house where the toilet is not contained in its own room.

One BF poster on here (who shall remain nameless), was at her house once and the toilet that was IN the bathroom, didnt even have a lock on it!!!

Was my most stressful wee ever, was scared someone was going to walk in at any time (the toilet was on the other side of the room to the door too). :(:eek:

A my last 2 abodes I had 2 toilets - one in the bathroom and one in its own little room. I always used the one in the bathroom if it was available as I hated the claustrophobic feeling of doing it inside a hot little room

One BF poster on here (who shall remain nameless), was at her house once and the toilet that was IN the bathroom, didnt even have a lock on it!!!

I have that in my bathroom. I think such a design is ridiculous. Fair enough for the en suite to a bedroom, but not for a general purpose bathroom that could be shared by siblings, guests etc. Apart from an en suite, a toilet should be on its own and not in a bathroom.

I lived in a sharehouse when i was 21 with some chicks and they would just discard tampons in the bin and let them sit there for days..so essentially there would be like 5 tampons in the bin for days before i had to empty them.

Yes female toilets can be disgusting, that is why there should be rules for every moronic lazy cow to follow. It's not that hard.

What the hell is the deal with tampons in the bin !!! why wouldn't they put just flush them anyway.

Disgusting behaviour, totally unacceptable, I would have moved the bin to their bedroom.

If you are taking a potential new girlfriend away for a cottage getaway, It can pay to ask about the amenities first. The sound and smell of your morning movement isn't something she wants to wake up to. #learnfrommyfail
_MG_5450-1-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back