Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM

How much preseason has Jamison missed? Was it only the later part of the summer, the couple of weeks during the NAB cup?

No contact but plenty of running.
Was impressive in the most recent VFL game and had no issues working through 4 quarters.
Nothing to be concerned about. He's good to go.

Will be interested to see if Henderson now starts to play the swingman role with Jamo at FB and Bower at CHB.

I was thinking the same thing, particularly if we start to get on top tomorrow night. Dawes hasn't been in the greatest of form, and I just wonder if Bower could play on him tomorrow night. Jamo to Cloke please, even if Ratts said
Hendo will play on Cloke.

Thornton very unlucky to miss out.

It certainly was mentioned through the broadcast that Cloke had to have his shoulder jabbed up.

I watched the replay of their game against Richmond and think we'd give them a good battle with him anyway. Would rather he played.

.....i'm sure the Carlton players won't take advantage of this.. :)

Does anyone think we would start Jamo forward? I would have thought that Jamo at FB and if Bower starts CHB then Hendo could play CHF but both Ratts and Andy Mac seem to emphasize Hendo to stands Cloke. Surely they have been too emphatic for it to be mind games and Jamo will line up at FB from the bounce.

emu.jpg

Does anyone think we would start Jamo forward? I would have thought that Jamo at FB and if Bower starts CHB then Hendo could play CHF but both Ratts and Andy Mac seem to emphasize Hendo to stands Cloke. Surely they have been too emphatic for it to be mind games and Jamo will line up at FB from the bounce.

I think now is the time we start to get these guys playing where we want them to play in finals. First time we've had the whole back six on the park, and i cant see Ratts playing with that too much, not when we dont have trouble scoring anyway. With no Thornton in the side, and the coaches reluctance to play Waite back, there isnt a lot of scope for those changes that we might otherwise have made anyway.

Expecting Gibbs to be the go to man for long goals this week too, he can roost it the proverbial country mile.

T-Bird has been playing well enough but in the interest of balance either him or Bower had to go and they have made their choice. I feel for T bird who has been playing his role well but a strong list means things like this will happen. Brett's speed is not his strongest point and I think our intention will be to run them ragged and so it should be. Will be very interesting to see where Emu plays. Could well end up on the wing if Hendo, Jamo and Laidler are doing the job. Might see Zac further up the ground too using his mighty boot to put it over the back.

Duigs to Blair I like.

I'm actually looking forward to Bucks vs Ratts too. Should be a good duel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just can't see it, nor find a way to reason for Jamison playing forward.
He'd only get in the way, anyway.

Jamo taking Dawes makes the most sense. Has the ability and smarts to run off him.

So who will be sub? I'm thinking its between Lucas and Army. These two are probably in a battle for the last spot in the 22 and one will make way for Walker when he is ready. Then we will have our best team on the park and JR, Brock, T Bird, Knockers etc are depth.
Got to be happy with that.

So who will be sub? I'm thinking its between Lucas and Army. These two are probably in a battle for the last spot in the 22 and one will make way for Walker when he is ready.

It could only really be one of the two.
Just think that Armfield adds a little more body than Lucas can afford.

Dawes hasn't been in the greatest of form, and I just wonder if Bower could play on him tomorrow night.
If Bower goes to Dawes, then he might be this week's winner of the Played into form by Carlton card.

:p

I wouldn't be shocked to see Laidler play on Dawes who isn't a great mark. The similarly undersized Dylan Grimes played well on Dawes when he was forward last week. Laids did the job on Vickery.

Army needs to fire with Walker due back next week.

Does the MC know we are playing Collingwood and the game will be going up a level?

Bower ahead of Thornton defies belief. What are they trying to do, even up the game? No matter how many ways I try to work this out I just can not understand why they have gone this way. Thornton is a forward and Bower is a backman... we just brought in two backmen...

Staggered.

There is a fair distance between the two for quality in big games...

again, staggered.

Our MC are like a P plater trying to drive a F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back