Game Day Round 21 Fremantle V Richmond (Patersons Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand what you're saying and I do agree with the above. I felt it was uninspiring because we dominated for most of the match and really should've won by 40+ points. I didn't like the last minute at all. I get what they were trying to do by running down the clock, but it wasn't effective and we basically gifted Richmond an unnecessary goal. I guess that last play kind of stuck in my mind when I wrote that post.

I thought we were a bit sloppy at times but we did most things very well.

I'm going to assume that we had next week's game on our mind in the last half of the last quarter.

....as we had in the derby in mind in the last quarter against Port. And look how that worked out.....

Definitely relieved at winning that game.

I did make a scene at the mail express hotel watching.the game too.

Was very happy at the even spread of goalkickers and our pressure for the most part was fantastic.

My concerns were our attempts at time wasting were dreadful and some of our handballing stank not to mention Pav, Sandi and Mzungu looking proppy.

Massive game next week

Carlton the new threat to the Dockers finals chances - was so worried about getting ahead of Essendon/NM that didn't give them much thought... their form is likely to see them beating GC and St Kilda easily which makes the percentage irrelevant. Thought NM was the game we could drop after winning the derby but bave no choice but to beat them now... God there truly is no ******* break for the Dockers; they could be the first team ever with 13 wins to miss out on the finals.

Interesting comments by the freo twitter that I noticed on the freo page:

• Lyon says that Fyfe tweaked the ankle late and Mzungu's shoulder is sore
  • "Post Adelaide match we didn't think he'd play" - Lyon said of Pavlich
  • Lyon spouting that it's a ruthless business and Griffin might not come back in because Sandi & Kep performed so well.
Personally I thought Kepler played a shocker, he did his best attempt at tanking for us in the 2nd quarter with that miss on goal from 10m out, directly in front, and then the sidestep/slip over and handball to the opposition under bugger all pressure.

Kep's got nothing on Clive.

Good crowd numbers considering. The team is still not perfectly settled with Keplar very frustrating and a few others who are a bit soft. But the tackling intent was great today and the forward pressure fantastic. We just need the midfield to get it in there more.

But the constant handballs to players under pressure really shit me. Also time after time players don't commit to a chest mark and leave themselves to the risk of a good or bad bounce. Hill was a classic where he could of pushed hard to mark on his chest and run into an open goal. But instead he waits for the bounce and it goes the wrong way over his head.

We're not clean enough at times and I think another pre-season under Ross will iron some of this out.

That game reminded me of the Adelaide game, only this time we were the better team all day and Richmond were the scrappy little beggars who just wouldn't go away. Shame we couldn't blow it out quite as much as Adelaide did to us in the last quarter.

Good crowd numbers considering. The team is still not perfectly settled with Keplar very frustrating and a few others who are a bit soft. But the tackling intent was great today and the forward pressure fantastic. We just need the midfield to get it in there more.

But the constant handballs to players under pressure really shit me. Also time after time players don't commit to a chest mark and leave themselves to the risk of a good or bad bounce. Hill was a classic where he could of pushed hard to mark on his chest and run into an open goal. But instead he waits for the bounce and it goes the wrong way over his head.

We're not clean enough at times and I think another pre-season under Ross will iron some of this out.

Considering? Perfect sunny afternoon, crunch game, why would the crowd stay away?

Glad we got the win but thought we needed to do them like we did West Coast. We had the choke on but kept missing easy goals or giving easy ones away. Due to the small win, we have to win both games or pray that the Saints hate Carlton more than Ross leaving.

I blame Kep for sucking the life out of our big win with the miss from 10m out and Mundy for -12 points percentage change when he got the team to put the cue in the rack with 1 min to go and the ball on our wing. Do the players not know that percentage could be important!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton the new threat to the Dockers finals chances - was so worried about getting ahead of Essendon/NM that didn't give them much thought... their form is likely to see them beating GC and St Kilda easily which makes the percentage irrelevant. Thought NM was the game we could drop after winning the derby but bave no choice but to beat them now... God there truly is no ******* break for the Dockers; they could be the first team ever with 13 wins to miss out on the finals.

Who said that Carlton will beat St Kilda easily?

I LMAO when Mcguane mucked up that goal.

Considering? Perfect sunny afternoon, crunch game, why would the crowd stay away?

I meant because of the trains not running. Quite a few people turned up late. But better late then never.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but before the players went into the race at then end of the game they all huddled around and all talked to someone I think it was McPhee then clapped him into the rooms, I was extremely confused. Can anyone enlighten me. (I was sitting on the City End so my vision wasn't very clear)

I don't know if anyone noticed, but before the players went into the race at then end of the game they all huddled around and all talked to someone I think it was McPhee then clapped him into the rooms, I was extremely confused. Can anyone enlighten me. (I was sitting on the City End so my vision wasn't very clear)

Your his Buddy, thought you'd know!

Maybe he's pulled the plug and next week is his last game so he can save money on a flight back to Melbourne :p

I LMAO when Mcguane mucked up that goal.

I meant because of the trains not running. Quite a few people turned up late. But better late then never.

The people turning up late were probably the people on the broken down train.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/14587963/train-breakdown-delays-dockers-fans/

A broken-down train on the Fremantle line is causing delays to fans heading to the watch the Fremantle Docker match at Patersons Stadium.

Watched the last quarter on the box, missed it earlier today. Man that was frustrating. We should have squashed that game to win by 6 goals instead of 3 odd. Having said that, Pav was out, Fyfe, who was crap most of the day, looked like he was on one leg and pretty much everybody else looked tired and ready for sleep. I don't think anybody but us fans will be concerned with the junk-time today.

Percentage might be an issue, but really, we simply need to win. I don't think 2-3 goals is going to make the difference ... Pav and Fyfe out next week, now THAT could cost us a finals place :(

Did anyone laugh historically with that McGuane miss? My girlfriend ran in to see what was so funny.

I'm making a quick clip of it on youtube for all those that missed it...

At first I thought "doesn't Sep mean 'hysterically'?" but then I thought about it a bit harder and he's right... I had a very historic laugh... probably one of the loudest and most maniacally unbalanced sounding laugh I've ever cackled... I'm surprised the neighbours didn't call the Police. :)

Actually started to feel sorry for McGuane when he kicked a behind not long after. ;)

At first I thought "doesn't Sep mean 'hysterically'?" but then I thought about it a bit harder and he's right... I had a very historic laugh... probably one of the loudest and most maniacally unbalanced sounding laugh I've ever cackled... I'm surprised the neighbours didn't call the Police. :)

Actually started to feel sorry for McGuane when he kicked a behind not long after. ;)
Whoops i did mean to type hysterically, but i clicked on the wrong auto correct spelling. It was a historical bit of laughter though, will not forget it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back