Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148905/default.aspx

Fremantle confirmed the move in a statement released on Monday morning as the free agency period, which runs until October 19, opened.

"The Fremantle Football Club has today lodged documentation with the AFL for Port Adelaide restricted free agent Danyle Pearce to join the club," the statement read.

"The club will not be making any further comment until the free agency process is completed."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148905/default.aspx

haha didn't see that one coming, though i like it.

He worked wonders with Clancee Pearce, maybe he thinks Danyle is related!

Is the type f player we need at his best but is a bit soft so hopefully he sorts that out and slots in on a wing or at half back.

Handy depth and will be dangerous given the attention he'll receive (or not) from other teams based on who else we have going around.

Can't argue against the people who don't want him as I see those reasons clearly, but I reckon he'll be a decent pickup. He'll have some shockers but I can see him cutting up some teams too. Worth a shot.

Doesn't look to have thunderous thighs...... Maybe he has lightning legs.
We have movement on the FA front. If we can't have the big name players Goddard, Choke we will try the money ball style.

Freo is one smooth operator, no rumours, no offers, out of the blue - LOVE IT!

Very good move, I was discussing this with my mate the other night, and we were both convinced we would make a play for Pearce. Hes a line breaker which is exactly what we need. Under Ross he will get back to his Rising star form.

No, he's not. He is horrendously underrated by people who don't watch port games.

Thats the truth. He's Ports version of Stephen Hill, frequently tagged, often to good effect, but let roam free is a match winner, big tank, lightning pace, not a big contested ball winner but great outside midfielder. The kind that underperform in a poor team and look a million bucks in a top team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow....just wow!

What a bewildering start to the Free Agency period.

Pearce???

The guy that's renowned for being a downhill skiier and soft!

If anyone can get the best out of him, it's Ross but bloody hell *Shakes head in bafflement*

Wow....just wow!

What a bewildering start to the Free Agency period.

Pearce???

The guy that's renowned for being a downhill skiier and soft!

If anyone can get the best out of him, it's Ross but bloody hell *Shakes head in bafflement*

Really? I thought he goes alright? Plenty of speed about him and you have to look how he would fit into our team.

I am sure that people just look at anyone who plays for Port and says that they are soft.

I must admit that I did forget about his incident with Minson and thought that he handled it badly at the time. That is my concern with him but maybe he was advised badly.

Really? I thought he goes alright? Plenty of speed about him and you have to look how he would fit into our team.

I am sure that people just look at anyone who plays for Port and says that they are soft.

I must admit that I did forget about his incident with Minson and thought that he handled it badly at the time. That is my concern with him but maybe he was advised badly.

I'm sure he'd fit in alright but really.......I'm skeptical but then again I was about Dawson too and got proven wrong there.

I look at him and think he could be anything but when the going gets tough, more often than not Pearce disappears and that's my main concern.

Renowned? You mean by anonymous posters on BF?

Where's ProBog when you need him.

When Port are up and about, who's up there with them??? Pearce!

When the going gets tough, where is Pearce? More often than not, nowhere to be seen and that's personal opinion, not an opinion shaped by anonymous posters on BF.

At the end of the day, if he's prepared to buy in and work hard and become a player that can work both ways consistently, he could be a great pickup

DefconDanylePearce.jpg

Was mentioned on the Drafts and Trading board that he was sighted at Perth Airport on Friday.

Cops a lot of flack, some of it warranted but most of it usual whipping boy antics.

It's a good get, we need a line-breaking winger. He won't receive nearly as much opposition attention as he does at Port and as others have said is an upgrade on Mzungu. Can also play off Half Back with good effect.

Comes for nothing and we have the cap space.

When the going gets tough, where is Pearce? More often than not, nowhere to be seen and that's personal opinion, not an opinion shaped by anonymous posters on BF.

At the end of the day, if he's prepared to buy in and work hard and become a player that can work both ways consistently, he could be a great pickup
You said he was "renowned as a downhill skiier and soft". If it was your opinion, then you should have said "in my opinion he is a downhill skiier and soft".

The guy gets a bad rap because he is often tagged. The analogy to Hill earlier was, in my opinion, spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back