Dayle Garlett - Overlooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice of you guys with Pick 10 in the PSD and Rookie Draft to try out Garlett for the other nine clubs before you in the drafts.

You reckon other clubs aren't watching? Now they've had time to think about it in a calm fashion after the National Draft they will have spies watching his every move at Essendon.

Sorry, but if you give him a tick he will end up at one of the clubs picking before you, just the way it is. That he didn't go on draft night is just too silly to comprehend when clubs were passing picks in the fifities and sixties.

GTFO

Even then..

I'll wait until:

A) We draft him
B) He doesn't stuff up
C) He's actually any good

I'm excited, but I'm pretty sure that's only because I've been reading this thread too much.

Based on that youtube footage, I'm nonplussed. Throw in the fact he was overlooked due to behavioural issues, and, yeah.

Watched his games in the champs and was anything but nonplussed. I remember thinking he is the one player I'd pick if I could take any of them. Now I hope we don't take him.. :(

Nice of you guys with Pick 10 in the PSD and Rookie Draft to try out Garlett for the other nine clubs before you in the drafts.

You reckon other clubs aren't watching? Now they've had time to think about it in a calm fashion after the National Draft they will have spies watching his every move at Essendon.

Sorry, but if you give him a tick he will end up at one of the clubs picking before you, just the way it is. That he didn't go on draft night is just too silly to comprehend when clubs were passing picks in the fifities and sixties.
Why would we have pick 10?

Only 7 clubs finished below us and not all clubs below us have a preseason draft pick.

Failed troll attempt.

I just think there's so many kids out there working their arses off and sacrificing so much to deserve a chance at AFL level.
This dude smokes, drinks and thinks he can get by on talent. I loved it when I saw he wasn't given a chance but hard working kids like Gleeson were.

Although i do understand where you are coming from with this statement i tend to lean more towards giving the kid a go. One of the great things about our game is that it accepts all people from all back grounds. The only time our game will reject you is if you give it a bad name. This to me says give the kid ago cause based on talent alone he should be there but he will have to work as hard as anyone if not harder to make up for past mistakes to make a career at the elite level.

Everybody deserves a second chance look at darling, cousins etc that our game has helped put on the straight and narrow. Our game gives people from all walks of life the chance to be a somebody, to be a little kids hero and also make quite a good living out of it, and this alone can make a young man wake up and realise what an unbelievable opportunity they have been given. With the right people around him this kid could make cyril rioli look second rate.

Worth a shot in my book.

oh and by the way Graham johncock has carved himself a nice little career although being a beer drinking smoker since day dot.

I can see him in Rioli's 43...But I would just slot him straight into 13.......The kid has more skill than Longy at the same age, trust me I saw every game Longy played......

Riolis 43 would be like a tent on garlett lol.

Please let us have a Garlett Fletch cannot run down...

No such thing as a garlett that fletch can't catch. Hell there is nothing fletch can't do have you not seen enough in the 360 odd games so far

Although i do understand where you are coming from with this statement i tend to lean more towards giving the kid a go. One of the great things about our game is that it accepts all people from all back grounds. The only time our game will reject you is if you give it a bad name. This to me says give the kid ago cause based on talent alone he should be there but he will have to work as hard as anyone if not harder to make up for past mistakes to make a career at the elite level.

Everybody deserves a second chance look at darling, cousins etc that our game has helped put on the straight and narrow. Our game gives people from all walks of life the chance to be a somebody, to be a little kids hero and also make quite a good living out of it, and this alone can make a young man wake up and realise what an unbelievable opportunity they have been given. With the right people around him this kid could make cyril rioli look second rate.

Worth a shot in my book.

oh and by the way Graham johncock has carved himself a nice little career although being a beer drinking smoker since day dot.

Totally understand where your coming from although im not sure Cousins was put on the straight and narrow. The system certainly pointed out a direction for him but ultimately it's going to end in tears sooner rather than later.

love to give someone a 2nd chance but they have to prove themselves, head down, bum up and most importantly not stuff up at any stage. That can be really hard for an 18 year old.

Lance Angwin, Travis Tuck, Motlop plus numerous others have show the ability to play great football but let other excuses stop them from show casing there talents.

Yup, except that there's only 4 clubs with a pick before us, and when do you think they're going to find out we've given him a tick? ... When we read his name out at the PSD.
Thanks for stopping by.

yeah except its 4 and not 9
and its highly unlikely any of those 4 will pick him.
Maybe you guys at Adelaide can sort him out a special third party deal with Bakers Delight.

Even then..

I'll wait until:

A) We draft him
B) He doesn't stuff up
C) He's actually any good

I'm excited, but I'm pretty sure that's only because I've been reading this thread too much.

Based on that youtube footage, I'm nonplussed. Throw in the fact he was overlooked due to behavioural issues, and, yeah.

So you don't see McLeod style play there? Albeit very one sided on his left. Kicking four goals in WAFL seniors finals doesn't grab your attention? Most recruiters having him pegged as a top 10 pick doesn't prick your ears? The fact that we are crying out for this sort of dynamic mid doesn't make your interested in giving him a trial?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously doubt it's just the excess partying that saw him get overlooked.
Some suggestions that he interviewed poorly (don't know if it was just the one interview or more).
Biggest concern is his ability to understand and stick to the game plan for the entire game. I know that I'm reading between the lines but he's possibly another frustrating Jared Brennan rather than just the occasional wild child.

Just my 2 cents.

We all know hes just training with us so someone above us take him and we get what we really want.

I think ruling the dogs out now that Prismall isnt available to them (if port take him) is risky.

Looking at that video, I think his foot skills aren't penetrating enough to play off a back flank, so it's small forward or bust for him.

Gosh

I want him to be spending time in the midfield.

I am more interested in Garlett's performances at senior level at Swan Districts - By reports he was very comfortable at that level. Love to get a video of Garlett playing for Swan Districts.

The Dogs didn't take him when they had the chance, and won't get to see him first-hand. Huge if they take him now.

He wouldve been the most followed draftee this year. Scouts/recruiters wouldve already watched him train, if they are keen they will also watch him at essendon. I think the dogs took a PSD with the intent on picking up Prismall, he may no longer be available.

He wouldve been the most followed draftee this year. Scouts/recruiters wouldve already watched him train, if they are keen they will also watch him at essendon. I think the dogs took a PSD with the intent on picking up Prismall, he may no longer be available.
Dogs PSD pick is before Ports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back