ABC's 7:30 on New Hird/Dank evidence - 11 April; 3AW/9 Report Text Msg Contents

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely do not understand the absolute circus that is going on here. If someone has done something illegal, then punish them accordingly. If they haven't then leave it alone, or legislate to prevent future instances. Pure and simple. I would be dismayed if all sports teams world-wide weren't trying to push boundaries, as long as it was done legally. This whole claim of bringing the game into disrepute is a joke! What disrepute? Trying to improve within the existing confines?! I'm happy should such laws be brought in to stop this if deemed necessary, but until then, if it is legal, why is there such a mob-mentality on this issue?! Am I the only one who doesn't get this beef-up, and baying for blood! Seems common sense ain't that common.

On 9.

Danny Weilder (sp) is the RL journalist who has Dank's ear.

Dank basically defended Hird and then fired a massive broadside at Andy D, questioning his understanding of supplements.

Cheers I know Danny Weidler as I used to live in Sydney.

He is a cagey bastard how he gets guys to talk.

Nine news screen caps from tonight's news

imageofo.jpg

imagewavc.jpg

imageaqv.jpg

imagesut.jpg

Re the first one, how exactly has hird acted recently?

The only incident I can remember that you could construe as being out of line was when he cut that pre game interview short, which IMO was fair enough because he said he wanted to talk about the game, and they kept bringing up dank and that.

Unless I've missed a lot I think Hird has handled himself as well as he could in the circumstances

The only incident I can remember that you could construe as being out of line was when he cut that pre game interview short, which IMO was fair enough because he said he wanted to talk about the game, and they kept bringing up dank and that.

Unless I've missed a lot I think Hird has handled himself as well as he could in the circumstances
you'd imagine he was referring to Hird's comments about Dank's comments about the injections he gave Hird

He certainly doesn't strike me as someone who'd take too well to being told to be very careful and pull your head in does old Vlad.
Sociopaths don't like being called to account.

I sincerely do not understand the absolute circus that is going on here. If someone has done something illegal, then punish them accordingly. If they haven't then leave it alone, or legislate to prevent future instances. Pure and simple. I would be dismayed if all sports teams world-wide weren't trying to push boundaries, as long as it was done legally. This whole claim of bringing the game into disrepute is a joke! What disrepute? Trying to improve within the existing confines?! I'm happy should such laws be brought in to stop this if deemed necessary, but until then, if it is legal, why is there such a mob-mentality on this issue?! Am I the only one who doesn't get this beef-up, and baying for blood! Seems common sense ain't that common.

Brad, is that you?

A lot of people associated Lance Armstrong with absolute integrity.

The more things unravel in this saga the more parallels I see between the golden boy and Armstrong.

Maybe, but I also wish Lance Armstrong hadn't been a cheat. Are you clear on what I'm saying? I'm not saying anything should be swept under the rug or that people shouldn't face the consequences of their actions. I'm just saying it's a shame when "golden boys" of any sport are revealed to be something different. It's a depressing state of affairs. What's so outrageous about that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding injurious, CJC1295 ... dont know if it was used at Essendon, but it was used at Cronulla.

CJC1295 is DAC(TM):GRF as per here

http://business.highbeam.com/436989/article-1G1-117320548/cjc-1295-conjuchem-phase-change-usa

I hate SEDAR by the way. Press release from ConjuChem, July 14 2006

http://www.sedar.com/DisplayCompanyDocuments.do?lang=EN&issuerNo=00015170

News release via Canada NewsWire, Toronto 416-863-9350
Attention Business Editors:
Conjuchem announces clinical hold of its DAC(TM):GRF Program in HIV Lipodystrophy

MONTREAL, July 14 /CNW/ - ConjuChem Biotechnologies Inc. (TSX: CJB)
announced today that, pending further investigation, it has put on clinical
hold its DAC(TM):GRF program in HIV lipodystrophy and is discontinuing further
dosing in its Phase II trial of DAC(TM):GRF in HIV lipodystrophy due to a
death of a patient involved in the trial. The cause of death and the
relationship of the study drug to the event, which occurred at a clinical site
in Argentina, is currently under investigation.

Regarding injurious, CJC1295 ... dont know if it was used at Essendon, but it was used at Cronulla.

CJC1295 is DAC(TM):GRF as per here

http://business.highbeam.com/436989/article-1G1-117320548/cjc-1295-conjuchem-phase-change-usa

I hate SEDAR by the way. Press release from ConjuChem, July 14 2006

http://www.sedar.com/DisplayCompanyDocuments.do?lang=EN&issuerNo=00015170

News release via Canada NewsWire, Toronto 416-863-9350
Attention Business Editors:
Conjuchem announces clinical hold of its DAC(TM):GRF Program in HIV Lipodystrophy

MONTREAL, July 14 /CNW/ - ConjuChem Biotechnologies Inc. (TSX: CJB)
announced today that, pending further investigation, it has put on clinical
hold its DAC(TM):GRF program in HIV lipodystrophy and is discontinuing further
dosing in its Phase II trial of DAC(TM):GRF in HIV lipodystrophy due to a
death of a patient involved in the trial. The cause of death and the
relationship of the study drug to the event, which occurred at a clinical site
in Argentina, is currently under investigation.

This why the ACC went early. They said they were worried about someone dying. It was not a bluff! :(

If Hird lied thats bad for Essendon
If Bruce Reid was shut out by the Essendon hierarchy thats worse.

Still nothing yet to suggest any players will go down for this (yet) but its starting to look bad for some administrators. The only person coming out smelling of roses is Dr Reid.

Here is a summary of the facts to date.
Dank has come out and said that Hird has not done anything wrong. This is correct. What ever Hird took is legal for a Coach to take. Legal, but maybe unethical in most peoples eyes. It would be just like a Coach taking Duromine for rapid weight loss to look good for media interviews etc, but the players aren't allowed to take it. Slap on the wrist stuff, don't do it again James.

Dank said what he gave the players wern't illegal substances. So the players are free from any wrong doing here.

On March 9, they reportedly had the following exchange:
Hird: "Good work today mate, the boys were up and about, we have a lot to work with.
Dank: "IVs start next week and Thymosin with Uniquinon. We will start to see some real effects.
Then between March 27-28:
Dank: "That is the IV list that will be completed by Wednesday night.
Hird: "Good work mate, (name deleted) rang me tonight and said how good he felt after he saw you."
On April 3, Dank detailed more substances:
"We have cerebrolysin, we will re-oxygenate and re-circulate the brain. We will also be getting Solcoseryl."
Also in April:
Dank: "All IV and injections completed.
Hird: "Great work mate, it would be a great effort to have them feeling fresh for Anzac Day."

Former ASADA chairman Richard Ings said the Bombers could be in trouble if the players were given intravenous treatments.
"(They) are somewhat troubling, particularly the discussion about intravenous use of substances," Ingsa said.
"We need to understand there are banned substances, but there are also banned methods.
"The use of intravenous injections could be potentially such a banned method."

This is where it looks like they could be in trouble for administering the substances Intravenously.
Maybe a hefty fine from the AFL. Their usual slap on the wrist punishment. Just like Melbounre's Tanking fine, Essendon will get a Danking fine.

It looks as though Hird is guilty of lying to the public and supporters with the "shocked and surprised" comments etc, when he damn well knew what was going on. But lying in the AFL is a second language unfortunately, and lies are soon forgotten and we move on.
For example,
Bomber Thompson lied that he was leaving Geelong and coaching for health reasons and then took on the job with Essendon.
Malthouse saying he didn't call Milne a Fing rapist.
Mc Lardy saying no one will be sacked and the very next day Schawb goes! The list goes on and on.

Someone at Essendon has to be accountable for allowing the IV's to be administered, and someone also has to be accountable for not acting on Dr Bruce Reids concerns on what was going on.
Is Hird responsible for giving the green light for the IV's or someone in the Football Department? It should have been run past Dr Reid, but looks like they kept him in the dark, as they knew what they were doing was wrong.

Whoever Dr Reid went to with his concerns to on the Board which weren't acted on has to go. Is this Robson or Evans? Remember Hird and Evans are very good mates. This is a problem here in itself!

The Governance and the administration at Essendon are the ones in the big trouble here.

There is a hell of a lot of grey area in the middle there and no 'blanket bans' applying to the general public.

But under ASADA's code there is a "blanket ban" to athletes. If a substance has not been approved for use then they are banned from using them.

You are correct in surmizing that the general public aren't bound by ASADA regulations but I'm pretty sure football clubs are.

Hird "Good work today mate. The boys were up and about. We have a lot to work with"
Dank "I.V. start next week. And Thymosin with Ubiquinone. We will start to see some real effects."

Thymosin (Beta 4) this drug was originally marketed to horse & dog owners to increase their animal's endurance, flexibility, minimise scarring and to decrease inflammation.
it is listed on peptide sites FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY & NOT FOR HUMAN USE

Ubiquinone synthesizes energy and has not yet been evaluated by the FDA for safety, effectiveness, or purity.
All potential risks and/or advantages of this product may not be known. Additionally, there are no regulated manufacturing standards in place for these compounds.

To my knowledge neither have been approved by ASADA

So it seems Hird is complicit in his knowledge of what Dank was using on his players.
He should have known that they are not ASADA approved and therefore off limits.
His players made plead ignorance but surely the coach should have educated himself accordingly.

If Dank can not prove his claim that ASADA/WADA ok'd the use of these substances what happens next?

Doesn't look good

Vitamin C indeed...

But under ASADA's code there is a "blanket ban" to athletes. If a substance has not been approved for use then they are banned from using them.

You are correct in surmizing that the general public aren't bound by ASADA regulations but I'm pretty sure football clubs are.

Hird "Good work today mate. The boys were up and about. We have a lot to work with"
Dank "I.V. start next week. And Thymosin with Ubiquinone. We will start to see some real effects."

Thymosin (Beta 4) this drug was originally marketed to horse & dog owners to increase their animal's endurance, flexibility, minimise scarring and to decrease inflammation.
it is listed on peptide sites FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY & NOT FOR HUMAN USE

Ubiquinone synthesizes energy and has not yet been evaluated by the FDA for safety, effectiveness, or purity.
All potential risks and/or advantages of this product may not be known. Additionally, there are no regulated manufacturing standards in place for these compounds.

To my knowledge neither have been approved by ASADA

So it seems Hird is complicit in his knowledge of what Dank was using on his players.
He should have known that they are not ASADA approved and therefore off limits.
His players made plead ignorance but surely the coach should have educated himself accordingly.

If Dank can not prove his claim that ASADA/WADA ok'd the use of these substances what happens next?

Doesn't look good

Vitamin C indeed...
Yet on the 7.30 report Ings, when questioned about the texts, essentially ignored the substances and deferred to the administration method, as in IV. The compare from memory said the supplements werent banned.

The media haven't focussed on these supplements at all, other than the AOD.

The Age article on Saturday stated ASADA thought their case against Essendon was "weak"

Yet on the 7.30 report Ings, when questioned about the texts, essentially ignored the substances and deferred to the administration method, as in IV. The compare from memory said the supplements werent banned.

The media haven't focussed on these supplements at all, other than the AOD.

The Age article on Saturday stated ASADA thought their case against Essendon was "weak"

Do you have the link to The Age article ?

Clearly Dank knows a lot and is suggesting that Hird is being a little less forthcoming with how much he knows and how close he was to the whole program. Dank is not too happy about being hung out to dry for obvious reasons.

Here is a summary of the facts to date.
Dank has come out and said that Hird has not done anything wrong. This is correct. What ever Hird took is legal for a Coach to take. Legal, but maybe unethical in most peoples eyes. It would be just like a Coach taking Duromine for rapid weight loss to look good for media interviews etc, but the players aren't allowed to take it. Slap on the wrist stuff, don't do it again James.

Dank said what he gave the players wern't illegal substances. So the players are free from any wrong doing here.

On March 9, they reportedly had the following exchange:
Hird: "Good work today mate, the boys were up and about, we have a lot to work with.
Dank: "IVs start next week and Thymosin with Uniquinon. We will start to see some real effects.
Then between March 27-28:
Dank: "That is the IV list that will be completed by Wednesday night.
Hird: "Good work mate, (name deleted) rang me tonight and said how good he felt after he saw you."
On April 3, Dank detailed more substances:
"We have cerebrolysin, we will re-oxygenate and re-circulate the brain. We will also be getting Solcoseryl."
Also in April:
Dank: "All IV and injections completed.
Hird: "Great work mate, it would be a great effort to have them feeling fresh for Anzac Day."

Former ASADA chairman Richard Ings said the Bombers could be in trouble if the players were given intravenous treatments.
"(They) are somewhat troubling, particularly the discussion about intravenous use of substances," Ingsa said.
"We need to understand there are banned substances, but there are also banned methods.
"The use of intravenous injections could be potentially such a banned method."

This is where it looks like they could be in trouble for administering the substances Intravenously.
Maybe a hefty fine from the AFL. Their usual slap on the wrist punishment. Just like Melbounre's Tanking fine, Essendon will get a Danking fine.

It looks as though Hird is guilty of lying to the public and supporters with the "shocked and surprised" comments etc, when he damn well knew what was going on. But lying in the AFL is a second language unfortunately, and lies are soon forgotten and we move on.
For example,
Bomber Thompson lied that he was leaving Geelong and coaching for health reasons and then took on the job with Essendon.
Malthouse saying he didn't call Milne a Fing rapist.
Mc Lardy saying no one will be sacked and the very next day Schawb goes! The list goes on and on.

Someone at Essendon has to be accountable for allowing the IV's to be administered, and someone also has to be accountable for not acting on Dr Bruce Reids concerns on what was going on.
Is Hird responsible for giving the green light for the IV's or someone in the Football Department? It should have been run past Dr Reid, but looks like they kept him in the dark, as they knew what they were doing was wrong.

Whoever Dr Reid went to with his concerns to on the Board which weren't acted on has to go. Is this Robson or Evans? Remember Hird and Evans are very good mates. This is a problem here in itself!

The Governance and the administration at Essendon are the ones in the big trouble here.

That is a pretty good summary although it ignores the substances not approved for human use issues. I suspect that the bombers may dance around this due to the "compounding" which possibly "cleans them up" but I am not really sure how all that works.

Clearly a lot of internal politics took place about mid last year (and is still ongoing). I have very little doubt that this program was shut down by the footy club at the time Dank was dismissed once they realised it had a got a little out of hand. I also have very little doubt that Hird was up to his ears in it. This is a program put in place by the brand new football department with Hird and Thompson at its helm. If they managed to cut Dr Reid out I doubt that they would have had too much trouble with Robson. If Robson ends up taking the blame for this that will be a pretty good snow job for the EFC.

It will be interesting to see who does take the hit. It will also be interesting to see how much they talk. The bombers seem to spend a lot of money on dismissing people and it doesn't look like this is about to change any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back