Essendon confirms to investigators some players took AOD-9604

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think is that the public is being played and this "found this", "lost that", "didn't copy that", "took that" is being so carefully orchestrated and played out to the public that i fear nothing will ever come of this. The AFL is an absolute joke and the fact that more noise has been made about how pissed off they are at Melbourne for lying to them compared to the defeaninh silence following an admission that 6 players took a banned substance as did two of their coaches speaks volumes.

Couldnt agree more Couch.

Considering what has been admitted / discovered...the blackout from the media has been worrying to say the least.

Look at the amount of reporting that takes place over a season. Were usually saturated in stories and even the littlest stories can take a front page in melb.

Admission to use of banned drugs.
Invoice found for payment of banned drug.

Absolutely nothing oh hs website.

AFL have their hands all over this and are telling bombers what to say and when to "find" records of it.

Drip feed the media little bits over weeks and weeks and the media/public damage can possibly be minimalised.

If its all aired out now...would destroy the space time continuim.

whats it gonna take for essendon people to accept it. The facts are there, you have no defense. Its game over boys.

I think the drip feeding of info that is happening is some sort of signal to Essendon to stop this farcical charade of denials, shock, cover-ups, spin doctoring, delusion etc. The authorities are kind of giving them a chance to lessen the blow by coming clean and admit their 'mistakes' but instead the Bombers are choosing to dig an even bigger grave for themselves. Who are they trying to kid?? A sad sad state of affairs from a once proud club.

I think the drip feeding of info that is happening is some sort of signal to Essendon to stop this farcical charade of denials, shock, cover-ups, spin doctoring, delusion etc. The authorities are kind of giving them a chance to lessen the blow by coming clean and admit their 'mistakes' but instead the Bombers are choosing to dig an even bigger grave for themselves. Who are they trying to kid?? A sad sad state of affairs from a once proud club.
How are Essendon "stop this farcical charade of denials, shock, cover-ups, spin doctoring, delusion etc" when they haven't commented?

How are Essendon "stop this farcical charade of denials, shock, cover-ups, spin doctoring, delusion etc" when they haven't commented?

Essendon's and to an extent the AFL's silence on the matter seems to me to be very convenient, "can't comment whilst ASADA is investigating blah blah". They are basically buying time and hoping the scandal somehow goes away. But it's growing legs by the day.

In any case when all of this crap started didn't McVeigh say the players were 'only' given vitamin C, that Riemers is just a lazy and bitter ex player talking s**t. Didn't Hird and Evans say how 'shocked' they were that PED's, illegal practices may have been involved at the club and now 2 months later an invoice for a banned substance turns up at the club. Nah, no cover-ups, no denials there eh??

I'd be burning the place down if it was North not trying to somehow defend a bunch of delusional fools.

Ex AFl player charged over shootings and Geelong players a pair of Cat bunglers are 2 of the top stories on HS.

Nothing, not even in footy section about Essendon admitting to drug use, or invoice for Hirds pick-me-ups.

you think the leaking is coming from the EFC?!

No, the age is just making s**t up

Really doesn't matter where it's coming from lance it's just very unusual that its being played out in the manner it is and that the overlord doesn't see fit to address any of these issues as they come to light. As stakeholders in the game lance don't you think we are entitled to that

Essendon's and to an extent the AFL's silence on the matter seems to me to be very convenient, "can't comment whilst ASADA is investigating blah blah". They are basically buying time and hoping the scandal somehow goes away. But it's growing legs by the day.

In any case when all of this crap started didn't McVeigh say the players were 'only' given vitamin C, that Riemers is just a lazy and bitter ex player talking s**t. Didn't Hird and Evans say how 'shocked' they were that PED's, illegal practices may have been involved at the club and now 2 months later an invoice for a banned substance turns up at the club. Nah, no cover-ups, no denials there eh??

I'd be burning the place down if it was North not trying to somehow defend a bunch of delusional fools.
1. You can't seriously believe Essendon are using silence to make the issue go away

2. McVeigh doesn't speak for Essendon

3. McVeigh claimed HE received vitamin injections. In fact we now know so did Melbourne, and in and off site clinic too.

4. Hird and Evans believed they had a WADA compliant program. How is it in any way surprising they were shocked to hear it wasnt?

5. What illegal practices?

No, the age is just making s**t up......
Or maybe dank told them about the invoice
Or maybe he told them about the letter of approval

Who gives a toss - the info is coming from somewhere

Higgs Boson made on inference on the rumors

Really doesn't matter where it's coming from lance it's just very unusual that its being played out in the manner it is and that the overlord doesn't see fit to address any of these issues as they come to light. As stakeholders in the game lance don't you think we are entitled to that

Actually, the information I have is specifically that the leaks are definitely coming from one organisation - and that's not Essendon

Wheres f-wit McVeigh's now...surely he could but in with another gem of information.

Ex AFl player charged over shootings and Geelong players a pair of Cat bunglers are 2 of the top stories on HS.

Nothing, not even in footy section about Essendon admitting to drug use, or invoice for Hirds pick-me-ups.

How about you do some research before clogging the threads up with your s**t/lies/uniformed opinion?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...g-drug-hexarelin/story-e6frf9l6-1226630538563

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...d-9604-last-year/story-e6frf9l6-1226628993513

I've said a number of times, I'd love this addressed by the AFL fully. And by that I mean a substantial and forensic audit of every clubs supplement purchases.

I wonder why they tried to avoid doing that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, the information I have is specifically that the leaks are definitely coming from one organisation - and that's not Essendon

Sorry - I meant to remove that comment it was not what I was inferring

I was going to say if the club I support is part of all this appalling crap and i dont believe it for a second (recreational is one thing, PEDS are another ball game altogether) then I won't be supporting the coach, the footy department, the board or the doc. I will be devastated but expect them to cop whatever is dished out because that's what will be deserved.

I've said a number of times, I'd love this addressed by the AFL fully. And by that I mean a substantial and forensic audit of every clubs supplement purchases.

I wonder why they tried to avoid doing that

Don't know - why don't you let us know what your theory on the silence is

Sorry - I meant to remove that comment it was not what I was inferring

I was going to say if the club I support is part of all this appalling crap and i dont believe it for a second (recreational is one thing, PEDS are another ball game altogether) then I won't be supporting the coach, the footy department, the board or the doc. I will be devastated but expect them to cop whatever is dished out because that's what will be deserved.
Fair enough. FWIW, I posted on the scandals and rumours board because it's just that - scandal and rumour. I have no reason (other than that I heard it from a connected source) to say that it's true. The source may be relying on rumour too - who knows?

So don't slit your wrists just yet!

Don't know - why don't you let us know what your theory on the silence is
because every club sails close to the wind on supplements. It would be very uncomfortable for the AFL if it became known that the spirit of "whatever it takes" permeates each and every club.

How so? He abused Reimers for suggesting something dodgy was going on. Essendon have admitted they injected players with banned substances.
- People carried on about how he lied about injections of vitamins. Now we know Melbourne also used vitamin injections under Danks instructions.

- people carried on about his answers regarding off site injections insinuating they were suspicious. Now we know Melbourne also used a nurse, doctor and off site clinic for their vitamin injections, which was confirmed by the clinic.

- people claimed McVeigh lied when he said he only received vitamins. Now we know AOD was only used selectively, for half a dozen players at Essendon, and one player at Melbourne. In fact essendons program looks like it was tailored for individual players. Therefore mcVeigh was probably completely correct when accounting for his own experiences

- Reimers claimed he signed waivers. McVeigh claimed he signed a consent giving details about the supplements, and we have seen this consent and he looks correct.

His criticism of Reimers was an emotional outburst which was unjustified but somewhat understandable.

because every club sails close to the wind on supplements. It would be very uncomfortable for the AFL if it became known that the spirit of "whatever it takes" permeates each and every club.

Fair enough - I have no doubt that this is the case and one of the major reasons no doubt that the afl were becoming increasingly concerned about the sports scientists and their level of involvement at clubs - the problem here though it would appear the club you support has crossed the line and for all intents and purposes its carry on as usual. I and a great many others just find that highly unusual and tbh quite disturbing.

I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't piss me off that your sitting top of the ladder (and I know there is no link) with the media carrying on about how brave and inspiring and against all the adversity the bombers are flying - forgive me if I don't find anything heroic about a bunch of players whose club crossed the line and whose supporters aren't prepared to at least concede that this may be the case

Fair enough - I have no doubt that this is the case and one of the major reasons no doubt that the afl were becoming increasingly concerned about the sports scientists and their level of involvement at clubs - the problem here though it would appear the club you support has crossed the line and for all intents and purposes its carry on as usual. I and a great many others just find that highly unusual and tbh quite disturbing.

I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't piss me off that your sitting top of the ladder (and I know there is no link) with the media carrying on about how brave and inspiring and against all the adversity the bombers are flying - forgive me if I don't find anything heroic about a bunch of players whose club crossed the line and whose supporters aren't prepared to at least concede that this may be the case
yeah but I'd say we've done not a lot else that others have done. We've just been left holding the hot potato. We aren't on top of the ladder because some players had AOD9604 in the early half of last year FFS

yeah but I'd say we've done not a lot else that others have done. We've just been left holding the hot potato. We aren't on top of the ladder because some players had AOD9604 in the early half of last year FFS

I'd agree.
Every club would have being pushing the line.

It does look like Essendon buggered up with Dank and slipped over the line.

yeah but I'd say we've done not a lot else that others have done. We've just been left holding the hot potato. We aren't on top of the ladder because some players had AOD9604 in the early half of last year FFS[/quote]

I do believe I acknowledged that - its the fawning media crap about bombers and adversity that's a joke

Like it or not the ball is a liitle bit in Dank's court atm in regards lawsuits. Seems to be in control of what little evidence there is. Think its advisable to AFL, EFC and any other club involved that this plays out through right channels. Anything released to media could be cause for litigation. With seemingly no great hard evidence against him (quoting Baker/McKenzie article today) it would be hard to dispute in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back