Mega Thread Freo say no to Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Keyser Soze in the same meeting it was decided to pursue Leica ;)

So suggest you break it to your forum gently :D

P.s why do you have multiple Keyser Soze accounts...do you use the others disguise your trolling with....You do realise they are supposed to be different :p ??

Perhaps they should have told mzungu before he went and broke leccas arm then

What multiple accounts?

In my opinion, there is no way in the world that Fremantle will not make a play for Buddy. The missing ingredient is a key forward and has been for a few years. we went for Clarke, we went for Cloke, how stupid would it be to not go for Buddy. RTB has said on many occasions that he hated the media circus that surrounded Travis cloke last year. They are keeping it under wraps to stop the media asking the question. How shitty does he get when the keep asking about when Pav and 211 will be back !! GWS will offer more, but Lance will have to decide which option is better for him. Fremantle will make an offer

Not sure supporting the Eagles is an intelligent act :D

I did say trying not necessarily succeeding and we are talking about bushie here......

Wow what part of not interested in Buddy do people not understand.
We are not interested in paying a guy 1mill plus.
We are thinking about more than the next 2 years.
Lyon even went further than just saying no in press confrences, he took the time to even call Clarkson and say not interested.
You think he is going to call him and say no interest then try and get him? Hell no.

We are not interested in Franklin, end of story, get over it.

I actually dont agree with Lyon calling Clarkson and saying no interest or even telling the media that, because we should be trying to get a bidding war going to make Hawks or GWS pay more than they want to.

He is 100% not coming to Freo.

Perhaps they should have told mzungu before he went and broke leccas arm then

All part of the plan to bring his price down.

Harry Taylor is lucky he re-signed with Geelong already, you should see what we had planned for him in a few weeks.

In my opinion, there is no way in the world that Fremantle will not make a play for Buddy. The missing ingredient is a key forward and has been for a few years. we went for Clarke, we went for Cloke, how stupid would it be to not go for Buddy. RTB has said on many occasions that he hated the media circus that surrounded Travis cloke last year. They are keeping it under wraps to stop the media asking the question. How shitty does he get when the keep asking about when Pav and 211 will be back !! GWS will offer more, but Lance will have to decide which option is better for him. Fremantle will make an offer

To make a bid for Buddy would harm the clubs ability to retain the young stars coming through, I think Ross is spot on ruling out Franklin!

We can't afford to pay one player like him the megabucks, while at the same time our other young guns like Hill and Fyfe are going to be looking for contracts that pay them what they are worth. Getting Buddy means paying big bucks for a long term contract, which will mean losing other quality players to better offers somewhere else. We can't do both, we choose to develop and retain our own players through the draft.

Has HT re-signed with Cats?
Not yet. Neil Balme said on tv today that the guy who announced the deal was done ( sorry can't remember ) had jumped the gun on the announcement, but that Balmey was still very sure they would retain him. Sounds to me like we are where we were before the bye. Unlikely but possible.

Ross made the call to Clarkson because the club was concerned the massive media frenzy about Buddy would undermine our current player group this year - create some unrest about the club paying massive overs for him when there are so many young developing stars on our list. A wise move to not have the media frenzy do any damage to us at all (player mentality). Given that statement, it is unlikely we would make a play but you never know what will happen towards the end of the season - things change ;) depending on the situation then.

HT hasn't re-signed with the Cat's - their president stated clearly he "believed" HT would (more wishful thinking) - it all was a ploy to try and derail (convince Freo and WCE that it is a foregone conclusion and thus don't bother trying to raise the stakes) the meetings HT had when he was in Perth with both Freo and WCE - look at the timing. Will be very interesting the next 2 weeks as to whether he re-signs with Cats or not - my bet is if he doesn't in the next 2 weeks he is definitely returning to WA, as the Cat's have put him on the spot massively and he must make a decision now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very unusual for Brian Cooke to jump the gun and be unprofessional like that.

Definitely seems like a ploy to put the heat on Harry.

Fingers crossed that it backfires massively for Geelong.

Do people honestly think we don't want Buddy? As if we wouldn't be interested in the best KPF in the game.

To me it is bleedingly obvious that we did want him, and would have been be prepared to pay him a million bucks a year (or thereabouts) ... but Franklin (and/or the AFL ... who would love to orchestrate a move to GWS) have simply stated it is not going to happen. So after we found out we had no chance of getting him, we go and say, "not interested".

Very unusual for Brian Cooke to jump the gun and be unprofessional like that.

Definitely seems like a ploy to put the heat on Harry.

Fingers crossed that it backfires massively for Geelong.

So cook "believes" the deal is done and was just waiting for a signature, he knows that there are things called a fax or email right? cook doesn't even know for how long he signed for. Well Harry is back from Bali and still hasn't signed yet.

So cook "believes" the deal is done and was just waiting for a signature, he knows that there are things called a fax or email right? cook doesn't even know for how long he signed for. Well Harry is back from Bali and still hasn't signed yet.

Can anyone inform the board if HT actually responded publicly to Cookes claim of a done deal?

I can't find nuthin.

Somethings cooking in Cat land methinks.

Can anyone inform the board if HT actually responded publicly to Cookes claim of a done deal?

I can't find nuthin.

Somethings cooking in Cat land methinks.

Harry Taylor has said nothing but Ross Lyon did make a sarcastic "oh he signed did he?" On the Sunday footy show when asked about Harry. It's the Cats putting pressure on him to sign. Like I said before if you had a gun player out of contract and he agrees to stay but you're just waiting for a signature I would fax the contract to sign or email it to him to get it done quickly, I'd even fly to Bali myself to get him to sign.

Harry Taylor has said nothing but Ross Lyon did make a sarcastic "oh he signed did he?" On the Sunday footy show when asked about Harry. It's the Cats putting pressure on him to sign. Like I said before if you had a gun player out of contract and he agrees to stay but you're just waiting for a signature I would fax the contract to sign or email it to him to get it done quickly, I'd even fly to Bali myself to get him to sign.

Yeah, it's all quite bizarre imo.

I would rate Cooke as the #1 CEO in the land and he simply doesn't make mistakes like that publicly.

It's a strange tactic by Geelong if true, and reeks of them being concerned that he is giving serious consideration to leaving.

Harry Taylor has said nothing but Ross Lyon did make a sarcastic "oh he signed did he?" On the Sunday footy show when asked about Harry... I'd even fly to Bali myself to get him to sign.
Yeah that bit means Ross knew he hadn't signed,which means we're in it up to our eyeballs,which means...it's an enigma wrapped in a conundrum inside a sherrin ..f@#$ it I'll fly to Bali or Gero or wherever he is and get him to sign.

Yeah that bit means Ross knew he hadn't signed,which means we're in it up to our eyeballs,which means...it's an enigma wrapped in a conundrum inside a sherrin ..f@#$ it I'll fly to Bali or Gero or wherever he is and get him to sign.

Well he will be back in Geelong this week while his wife will still be in Geraldton so if Cook is right then he should sign this week, if he doesn't sign then something is up.

Yeah, it's all quite bizarre imo.

I would rate Cooke as the #1 CEO in the land and he simply doesn't make mistakes like that publicly.

It's a strange tactic by Geelong if true, and reeks of them being concerned that he is giving serious consideration to leaving.

Poor form if it's a tactic - HT's position (if the rumours are on the mark) deserves better than a ham-fisted attempt to guilt him into signing. But, as you say, Cook has an excellent admin record so I'd go with it being a genuine mix-up in communications for now. Leaves us with a chance at least. :)

Wow what part of not interested in Buddy do people not understand.
We are not interested in paying a guy 1mill plus.
We are thinking about more than the next 2 years.
Lyon even went further than just saying no in press confrences, he took the time to even call Clarkson and say not interested.
You think he is going to call him and say no interest then try and get him? Hell no.

We are not interested in Franklin, end of story, get over it.

I actually dont agree with Lyon calling Clarkson and saying no interest or even telling the media that, because we should be trying to get a bidding war going to make Hawks or GWS pay more than they want to.
He is 100% not coming to Freo.

I'm not sure if anyone saw ABC News Breakfast this morning, but in the sport section ~ 6:30am there was short snippet i caught with RTB saying Freo IS interested but they've been 'out of the loop for a while' (paraphrasing here). Make what you will of that. I'm quietly excited

Buddy is a Whadjuk Noongar fella. Of all the places he could be playing footy, Freo is the closest to his spiritual home. Bring the lad home Bondy... bring him home...

I'm not sure if anyone saw ABC News Breakfast this morning, but in the sport section ~ 6:30am there was short snippet i caught with RTB saying Freo IS interested but they've been 'out of the loop for a while' (paraphrasing here). Make what you will of that. I'm quietly excited

6:30? Brrrr, so cold. Now that is giving good effort. Nice work, Doc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back