On The Couch - Sheehan: "Unfair To Freo" 2/9/13

Remove this Banner Ad

Salim got it right when he called Whateley and Robbo DUMB AND DUMBER;they are truly moronic with a show that has become increasingly irrelevant and unwatchable.
Interesting that Sheehan reckons we're being punished for the stupidity of the WAFC.

I reckon it's cause they heard we were making 12 changes and basically tanking. They just don't want to publicly say it. Jeez I hope we smash the cats so the media finally takes some notice

Mike Sheehan :rainbow:

Who'd have thought he would be standing up for us?

I have really gone off Gerard and Robbo, what a couple of douches! Ever since the essendon debacle has been on air, Robbo in particular has shown his true colors. Can't bear to watch them now

I reckon it's cause they heard we were making 12 changes and basically tanking. They just don't want to publicly say it. Jeez I hope we smash the cats so the media finally takes some notice

I reckon we are going to absolutely thump them. Pav, Ballantyne and Walters are looking very dangerous in the forward line. Not to mention Zac Clarke's great form lately.

Gerard is a Cats sycophant isn't he?

Yep, and add to that an insufferable preacher.

Robbo is ok, but he really represents the lowest common denominator of football fan. He's an emotional guy, and if we beat Geelong he'll be all over us (again).

Not giving a rats arsenal as to what anyone is saying anymore. It's done and everyone must deal with it . All I know is , we win this, we will win the GF. No doubt at all.

Gerard should really stick to pretending horse racing isn't totally corrupt.

It doesn't matter. Black Cavier is a beautiful creature to him. Elegant, charismatic, powerful, strong willed... he was calling a horse every sideward-synonym for 'good' and it was absolutely nauseating. He might as well have called it a "good bloke" and "funny." It's a horse, Gerard! It runs and eats hay and drops massive turds!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not giving a rats arsenal as to what anyone is saying anymore. It's done and everyone must deal with it . All I know is , we win this, we will win the GF. No doubt at all.

The old saying, "if you talk the talk, you must walk the walk". Sick of the talking, let's do the walking !!!.

Let's do what that chap in the Israelites time did, turn whine into ball breaking footy !!!!.

The old saying, "if you talk the talk, you must walk the walk". Sick of the talking, let's do the walking !!!.

Let's do what that chap in the Israelites time did, turn whine into ball breaking footy !!!!.

Parted the sea with his mighty staff to let thousands of his people through.. Now there's a euphemism if I ever heard one.

Its like Mike has had a religious experience after years of not even acknowledging out existence
Meanwhile Gerrard and Robbo were calling us a pack of whiners who should suck it up on 360.

Gerrard essentially just skipped past any discussion of it on a couple of occasions that I saw. Addressed the situation by avoiding it and starting up another topic.

Very strange.

The hysteria regarding the game being set at Geelong is getting beyond ridiculous. I'd expect the Steve's to put a case forward to the AFL that the game should be at Etihad because it would be a huge advantage to us, but far out, it is not an advantage we have earned. Though I dare say we would be okay with a wet weather game as we've played quite a few this year. I also think playing a game down there earlier in the year will hold us in good stead.

And are the facilities at Geelong really THAT bad? It's not like a stand has collapsed recently or anything and I dare say the field itself is in better nick.

I reckon we are going to absolutely thump them. Pav, Ballantyne and Walters are looking very dangerous in the forward line. Not to mention Zac Clarke's great form lately.

As long as we don't resort to bombs out of defense and bombs into our forward line we've got a good chance. If we do that, we're toast. Pav and a rested Mayne, Balla and Walters will be very handy.

Hopefully De Boer has the defensive insanity dialled up to 11 this week. We'll need it.

And are the facilities at Geelong really THAT bad? It's not like a stand has collapsed recently or anything and I dare say the field itself is in better nick.

That's probably far down the 'unfair' list. But the enjoyment and ease aspect is probably more focused on the hour-trip to Geetroit, rather than the space between seats and amount of toilets. The stadium itself is pretty great at one half, and it looks pretty stellar when you go past it on the train at night. But the end I was in and will be in again, the Gary Ablett terrace, is a terrace. So it's really s**t. No cover, the toilets and sinks are quite literally troughs, everything is exposed, the seats were comparable to the ones at my junior footy club, and the perspective is pretty average.

But whatever. For a once, or now twice, yearly trip it's somehow enjoyable. It's really suburban feeling, for better or worse, and it's a bit of a unique experience in easy-accessed, wide-concoursed, great viewing, clean stadia of AFL circa 2013 (minus Subi, of course).

As long as we don't resort to bombs out of defense and bombs into our forward line we've got a good chance. If we do that, we're toast. Pav and a rested Mayne, Balla and Walters will be very handy.

Hopefully De Boer has the defensive insanity dialled up to 11 this week. We'll need it.

That's the biggest thing of all; constant pressure and short kicking.

Macca, Dawson or Johnno causes the spoil, picked up by Duffo and passed onto Suban, onto D. Pearce who chips to Hill, Hill hits small running target in Walters or Ballas who kicks onto Pav, Sandi, Clarke or Mayne, or visa versa. Pav's beginning to look a real treat up forward as is Clarke, we just need Sandi to take a contested mark or two. If Walters is fully fit they're both going to cause carnage.

The hysteria regarding the game being set at Geelong is getting beyond ridiculous. I'd expect the Steve's to put a case forward to the AFL that the game should be at Etihad because it would be a huge advantage to us, but far out, it is not an advantage we have earned. Though I dare say we would be okay with a wet weather game as we've played quite a few this year. I also think playing a game down there earlier in the year will hold us in good stead.

Sorry to intrude, but I think the decision stinks. I mean if it was the Cats v Coll, Carlton, or Essendon, the game would never be at the Cattery.
Another thing - why should interstate teams have to travel the week before finals. It's time to have the local derbies in round 23.

Sorry to intrude, but I think the decision stinks. I mean if it was the Cats v Coll, Carlton, or Essendon, the game would never be at the Cattery.
Another thing - why should interstate teams have to travel the week before finals. It's time to have the local derbies in round 23.
I really like that idea.

Someone has said that Ross told Matt to tone it down in the Saints game, presumably to save it for Geelong.

Except that we have a history of killing eachother in derbies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back