Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys asked this on the main board thought i asked here as well.
Have just got home from work and heard about this that Richmond have withdrawn there offer to Martin.
And have yet to up there offer for Conca.
So far we have been told Conca has received offers from Freo and WCE and a third Melbourne club,(believed to be Melbourne)
with the other Melbourne club have offered the most money by quite a sum WCE next then Freo then Richmond.
Now with Martin could he be picked up in preseason for nothing by putting a price on his head ?
Dustin is in Perth right now and is speaking to WCE and Freo as well.

My question is this would it possible to trade for Conca then pick up Martin for free in the preseason draft ?
The timing is good for WCE as they now have the most money in there cap than they have had for a long long time.

Also Silvagni from GWS has said there not interested in Martin.

No chance of us trading Conca if Martin leaves. Only reason Conca will go is if we can't pay him enough (if Martin stays)

"Carr, I think the offer to my son is fair"

"Muss, we can squeeze them for another $100k mate"

jake-the-mus-o.gif

Have just got home from work and heard about this that Richmond have withdrawn there offer to Martin.
So far we have been told Conca has received offers from Freo and WCE and a third Melbourne club,(believed to be Melbourne)
with the other Melbourne club have offered the most money by quite a sum WCE next then Freo then Richmond.
Now with Martin could he be picked up in preseason for nothing by putting a price on his head ?

My question is this would it possible to trade for Conca then pick up Martin for free in the preseason draft ?
The timing is good for WCE as they now have the most money in there cap than they have had for a long long time.

Yer I think that there is a really good chance you get Martin and Conca. :confused:

The problem is Conca doesn't want to leave Richmond. He just wants a fair contract not a contract that makes him take 100k pay cut just to be a tiger.

Honestly, why would you come here and post this suggestion. Do you expect us to say yes that is extremely possible what a great suggestion, here have trent cotchin as well.
Please kindly crawl into a hole and die.
Love from all Richmond posters on this board xoxo

Anyways I think we are actually in a good position to trade. While he could walk to PSD he would be guaranteed of going to GWS because as if they would pass up on him. If he goes to the draft he can't put a price on his head(?). This gives us huge leverage to trade with every other club than GWS. I really think we can push pick 2 and a player out of Melbourne.

Melbourne could do a deal with GWS so that GWS dont use pick 1 in the PSD on Martin. Much cheaper than trading away #2 in the national draft. I really hope the tigers stick to their guns - you are on the verge of an exciting era and if he doesnt want to be a part of it then good riddance.

Yeah fair enough. Dusty could still well do a cloke and re-sign after a protracted contract negotiations. But you must admit the club putting out a statement on Dusty exploring his options is a reasonable indication that he’ll walk for an offer above ours. Where there is smoke there is fire. If dusty really wanted to stay he’d have re-signed a long time ago...

I've got a feeling that Dustys old man has told him to look at what other clubs are an option if he doesn't stick with Richmond. Those options are GWS(going to struggle again in 2014 and probably 2015 as well) and Melbourne(may turn it around under Roos but still likely to be a struggler). Collingwood are another option but they are long odds to get him especially given Buckleys desire to establish a new culture of professionalism at the club going forward.

Reckon that is why Dusty has asked for more time to think. Reckon his Dad has put an ultimatum to him that goes along the lines of does he want to settle for less cash but be part of success at Richmond(which will bring it's own rewards) or does he want to take the cash on offer and go back to playing in a side that gets beaten week after week?

If I was a footballer and was being offered up to $150K a year more I know I'd be asking for more time to think about which way I wanted to go. Make no mistake it's a massive decision and one that I'm glad that I'm not having to make.

Melbourne could do a deal with GWS so that GWS dont use pick 1 in the PSD on Martin. Much cheaper than trading away #2 in the national draft. I really hope the tigers stick to their guns - you are on the verge of an exciting era and if he doesnt want to be a part of it then good riddance.

Draft tampering has already been mentioned... Don't think either club could afford to miss out on a draft or two.

I was really disappointed when I read the news that Martin had quit Richmond, now that information seems to be incorrect and he is "fielding offers from rival teams". Martin could have avoided all of this mess if he had of told his manager to get stuffed and accepted Richmond's offer. I am confident that Dan Richardson knows what he is doing and will do what is the best deal for Richmond if Martin leaves.

Choco Williams must be very annoyed after everything he has done for Dustin Martin and now he is prepared to walk out on the club.

doubt it, choco has left clubs for more coin as a player and coach so he prob wouldnt give a toss, they may end up together anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Within the laws of the game? Think not!

No he's ******* not you twat.

God some opposition posters are morons and live in their fantasy world.

You know what...just have our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back