Unofficial Preview Teams Announced - NAB Challenge West Coast Versus Fremantle 18/2/14

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles had a pretty long injury list last year and a stale coach on the way out.
I don't recall it being that long. They missed Naitanui, sure, but the rest of their squad was available most weeks. I thought 2012 was more injury afflicted for them, which is why many assumed they'd be premiers in 2013.

IIRC they fielded some of the oldest and most experienced teams in their history last year.

I just hope its a good game with no injuries. And Freo win of course :)

I haven't seen and videos or the intra-club match so I'm really looking forward to seeing the new guys get a run.

WC can do ok this year IMO, new coach, new gameplan, some of the older players gone, they might just crack the 8, depending on how other teams go.

I just hope its a good game with no injuries. And Freo win of course :)

I haven't seen and videos or the intra-club match so I'm really looking forward to seeing the new guys get a run.

WC can do ok this year IMO, new coach, new gameplan, some of the older players gone, they might just crack the 8, depending on how other teams go.
You want a link to the intra club videos?

As long as there are no injuries and the much needed match fitness for the seniors, I'll be happy. Couldn't give a damn whats the scoreline will be. Got a feeling the other mob will be coming out hard and doing a bit of damage to "show their muscle".

I don't recall it being that long. They missed Naitanui, sure, but the rest of their squad was available most weeks. I thought 2012 was more injury afflicted for them, which is why many assumed they'd be premiers in 2013.

IIRC they fielded some of the oldest and most experienced teams in their history last year.
Our injury list last year was worse than it was in 2012; I think we only had 3-4 players who played every game. Last year it was mainly our midfield effected by injuries, whereas the year before it was our forward line, which we can obviously cover far better than the former.

Our injury list last year was worse than it was in 2012; I think we only had 3-4 players who played every game. Last year it was mainly our midfield effected by injuries, whereas the year before it was our forward line, which we can obviously cover far better than the former.
Not the most compelling of arguments - only four of Fremantle's players played every game, six if you discount the St Kilda match where players were rested.

Not the most compelling of arguments - only four of Fremantle's players played every game, six if you discount the St Kilda match where players were rested.

Yeah like lmach said, last year's injury list was to their most influential players. Their forward line is their strongest asset so they were able to cover for Kennedy, LeCras etc in 2012. Last year their midfield and defence were missing or underdone ie Naitanui, Shuey, Kerr, Waters, Hurn and I think Glass for a few. They will be very competitive this year if they stay healthy. *touch wood

Yeah like lmach said, last year's injury list was to their most influential players. Their forward line is their strongest asset so they were able to cover for Kennedy, LeCras etc in 2012. Last year their midfield and defence were missing or underdone ie Naitanui, Shuey, Kerr, Waters, Hurn and I think Glass for a few. They will be very competitive this year if they stay healthy. *touch wood
Our team relies a lot more on individuals than the Fremantle/Lyon system unfortunately, which covers injuries superbly well, even the big ones (McPharlin, Pav, Sandi etc.). Particularly Naitanui for the midfield, which has a lot of one way runners when he's up and about that can get exposed on the rebound, and Hurn for the transition out of defence. Probably has a lot to do with the inflexibility of the Worsfold style that might be addressed by Simpson. He said the other day that we need to be less reliant on NN, which is absolutely true.

I wasn't comparing to Freo, I was comparing to our 2012 injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Suma!

Fremantle assistant coach Peter Sumich will take over the reins in the coaching box for Tuesday’s NAB Challenge match against West Coast at Arena Joondalup.
Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond said the experience would benefit Sumich and the club’s coaching staff.
“This continues our work in helping to develop all of our coaches,” he said.
Bond said senior coach Ross Lyon would still sit in the coaches’ box.
“By having one of our assistant coaches in the chair, it will give Ross a different perspective of the game,” Bond said.
Sumich, a dual premiership player at West Coast, served as an assistant coach at the club for 10 years from 2002 to 2011. He joined Lyon at Fremantle for the 2012 season.
Bounce down for the match against West Coast is at 4.10pm.

- See more at: http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-02-17/sumich-in-charge-against-west-coast#sthash.VMyWvZPb.dpuf

Go Suma!

Fremantle assistant coach Peter Sumich will take over the reins in the coaching box for Tuesday’s NAB Challenge match against West Coast at Arena Joondalup.
Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond said the experience would benefit Sumich and the club’s coaching staff.
“By having one of our assistant coaches in the chair, it will give Ross a different perspective of the game,” Bond said.
Sumich, a dual premiership player at West Coast, served as an assistant coach at the club for 10 years from 2002 to 2011. He joined Lyon at Fremantle for the 2012 season.

- See more at: http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-02-17/sumich-in-charge-against-west-coast#sthash.VMyWvZPb.dpuf

Hmm he might hand west coast the win :) just kidding. It will be great for Ross to look on though and absorb

Go Suma!

They will still be playing RTB game plan though right ? Or it would be pointless

I reckon that RTB is holding his cards extra close to his chest this year. Good way to get an idea of WCE's new game plan without having to worry about strategizing against it, will be good as we play them three more times this year!

I wonder if Suma will be more focused on getting the team attacking his way. Will be interesting. Will expect updates from people going!

I reckon that RTB is holding his cards extra close to his chest this year. Good way to get an idea of WCE's new game plan without having to worry about strategizing against it, will be good as we play them three more times this year!

I wonder if Suma will be more focused on getting the team attacking his way. Will be interesting. Will expect updates from people going!

I'm not sure this is a good idea :( what's the point of the team trying sumas tactics ?? Shouldn't they be practising the ones they will use during the season

I'm not sure this is a good idea :( what's the point of the team trying sumas tactics ?? Shouldn't they be practising the ones they will use during the season

I think it'll still be a good hit out - more minutes in the legs against legit competition. Wouldn't want to show too much too soon; we're the hunted now, and wouldn't want to be cracked too early in the season.

Training watchers will tell you that the guys have been practicing the game plan under RTB's hawk-eye all summer and are pretty well drilled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back