Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

The names johnty, been following the swans since year 2 when old mate neil brunton was my teacher. My dad's also die hard swans fan, my real passion for the team probably started after the heart break of 96. Was at the match as a 5 year old and remember being heart broken, until an older north supporter put his arm around me and told me not to worry and that the bloods will bounce back and become a force. Took longer than i would of hoped at the time.
Haven't missed a grand final since 96, it's become an annual pilgrimage for the lads of the family. Two favorite moments would have to be the elimination final and gf of 05. I'll never forget the fluctuating emotions of the elimination final, brought tears to my eyes at the time as i knew that was our year and thought we had blown it. GF day 05 was also incredibly special, especially seeing the 70+ year old supporters in tears after the siren, really drilled home what the club means to many people and not just myself.
Most hated team would be collingwood. So much so i petitioned my mighty glebe greyhounds to change our strip in favor less similar!
Favorite player would have to be Adam Goodes. Done so much for our club. I remember seeing him play in the reserves in 99 and remember telling my dad he will be my favorite player.
The club means a lot to me, many of my greatest memories have been made at the G, and i hope alot more are still to be made!

G'day folks. Always been a swans fan. The old man was a south man. Been watching the board for a few years now but I don't post often. Favourite players? Kelly, Plugger and all the guys you have mentioned previously although one guy I loved was Rowan Warfe. Didn't play a lot of games after crossing from Fitzroy but just moved so well. Love seeing the passion from you guys on here but I don't always agree with the player bashing by some.

Not interested in other teams so you won't see me post on the main board but geez there's some hate for us on there at the moment.

Still playing a bit of footy in country Vic and loving it. So yeah I guess I just love the game and the red and white. Favourite game? Saw the swans win at princess park in 95 or 96. Hadn't won there in a while and our swans family stuck out like dogs balls goin off at the end of the game.

Anyway I'll keep watching and you guys keep posting! ( unless I've got something important to add).

Been following the swan since i was 3 in 92. Apparently i really liked their jumper and it has stuck ever since. Always loved watching forwards so I do get a little excited when the club recruits the likes of plugger , hall, Tippett and buddy. Favourite footy moment was Leo Barry's mark, that game seems a little more special than the 12' version does to me.

Favourite swan of all time is lockett, but if buddy keeps playing well he may catch him! The swan I have respected the most is paul Kelly. I have never seen a player more driven, courageous and passionate as him. People talk about guy running today should be ashamed of themselves, that guy ran himself past exhaustion. He truly epitomises the swans culture and every new recruit should be made to watch countless hours of videos of kels on their first day at the club, to show what it truly means to wear a swans jumper !!!

I like the Swans, long walks on the beach and sunsets.

Hey Everybody,

My name is Sam, have been posting on these boards for quite a while now but thought I should make a proper introduction.

My father was always a massive Fitzroy Lion's fan, so most of my baby photos I am dressed in Fitzroy Lions gear, When I was 4 my Mother (NSW born and bred) told me if I started supporting the Swans I could have a Green Power Ranger toy, have followed the Swans pretty avidly ever since.

My favourite Swans player of all time would have to be Michael O'Loughlin, loved the way he played football and unless he was getting injured he could always bring a smile to your face when he was out on the pitch.

I can't really split the 2005 and 2012 Grand Finals, whilst 2005 was the first time I saw the Swans win one I was only 14 so couldn't appreciate it fully, when we won the Grand Final in 2012 I think I appreciated it that much more and when the siren went it was probably the best feeling I have ever felt in my life.

Apart from the Grand Finals the best match I have ever been to would have to be the 2005 Preliminary final... When we were running away with the match in the last quarter the Roo's chant that went around the ground was possibly the greatest thing I have ever heard in my life, it was absolutely spine tingling.

Pretty much revolve my life around the Swans, to the point I won't even compete in a fencing competition if the Swans are playing at the same time (I wouldn't be able to stay focused).

Name: Nathan

Swans fan since: 1995

Favourite Swan: Paul Kelly

Favourite Current Swan: Gary Rohan

Second Favourite Team: The Crows (my Dad's team)

Hated Team: Hawthorn

Favourite: Moment: LEO BARRY YOU SUPERSTAR

Passions outside Swans: My wife-to-be. The NFL. Gaming (of all kinds). Movies.

If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Gaming.

Hi Im baja, some know me as Bez.
I am very handsome and have the body of a greek god I love my football, I love to cook and enjoy a fine wine or a cold beer, I love art, music, markets and long romantic walks on the beach. Looking for a like minded girl who is a demon in the sack. PM me now.

Have you met Vonn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name: Glenn
Swans fan since: 1965 (yes, I started as a 3 year old born & bred in South Melbourne)
Favourite Swan: Paul Kelly
Favourite Current Swan: Gary Rohan (overcoming adversity) or Lewis Jetta (silky skills & pace)
Second Favourite Team: Western Bulldogs
Hated Team: I actually don't hate teams, but I do despise some teams supporters
Favourite: Moment: Watching David Young during training at Lake Oval in late 1970's, kick 65m left foot goals prior to his foot injuries
Passions outside Swans: Not sure... Is there anything except the Swans????
Favourite Movie: Life of Brian...
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Watching replays of old Swans matches.

A former U17 Captain & Best & Fairest of the Swans fourths, called South Districts & we played on Oval 1 opposite the Lake Oval.
I was a South Melbourne U19 player in 1977 & 1978.
An original South Melbourne member, who voted against "The Keep South at South" (KSAS) faction in 1979 & copped enormous abuse as a result of it as I believed that if your uncle moved interstate, they were still your uncle, hence my staying with the club through the great upheaval & relocation,
I voted against KSAS, as being inside the club I knew how broke our club was & the hardships that we were experiencing first hand.
I still actually have copies of the Keep South At South documents in my possession,
Someone who has been a Swans member since 1977 with a 3 year hiatus in 1981 to 1984 due to playing professional football with several local clubs,
Loved watching Bob Skilton, Ricky Quade, John Rantall, Graham Teasdale, "The Whale" Roberts, Mark Fraser & Stewart Gull at Lake Oval,
Someone who actually remembers Doug Green as a wonderful player of less than 20 games too.
Was at the Lake Oval the day that Teasdale took an absolute speccie on the wing, & watched Trevor Barker beat it minutes later with an even better mark.
Was at the Lake Oval when Ricky Quade had around 40 possessions in a game,
Was at Windy Hill the day that Stewart Gull absolutely knocked next week into an upstart named Ron Andrews,
What was interesting re Stewart Gull, was that he was a TV Ringside Boxer who could actually box very well... I remember the crack, the knees buckling, the trainer trying to get Andrews to his feet and the drop again... And of the Essendon Coach stating in the press, that he was smart enough not to try to ruffle the feather of a boxer like Stewart Gull...
Remembers the last game at the Lake Oval with everyone from the Cheer Squad putting on a mock funeral,
Has heaps of South Melbourne & Sydney Swans memorabilia & loves the past, the present & the possible future of our club,
Also the second son of an VFL field umpire,

My favourite Sydney moments, might surprise a few.
First game against Melbourne
Colin Blossom Hounsell's goal that wasn't... Goal umpire got that one wrong when it went clearly through the points...
Barry Round & his ability to lift the team through thick & thin,
Loved watching Wayne Moose Henwood when he was on, as he was a raging Moose all right,
Enjoyed the Edelsten era with all of the players that arrived, though disappointed that Rioli never got there in the end.
Loved Rhys Jones first match against Melbourne at MCG when he had Brent Crosswell on the ground & Crackers Keenan standing over him & Rhys was belting both of them.
Also loved Darren Holmes first match against WCE when Karl Langdon belted him only for Holmes to give him one back with interest...

Lastly, you have to admit the Finals wins, the Brownlows, the Paul Kelly inspirational moments & of course the Premierships all contributed.

Yes, I witnessed first hand, 72 years of built up frustration as long time Swans supporters cried like babies or walked around the ground in absolute shock after the 2005 Premiership...

And now I look forward to the next 50 years of the Swans

RW.. Great idea for a thread too.. Well done...

Amazing how often Paul Kelly comes up as an all-time favorite. He exemplifies everything that is great about our club. Inspired everyone with his amazingly commitment and courage. Then turns his back on the limelight to retire to a quiet little farm somewhere. What a champion.

Amazing how often Paul Kelly comes up as an all-time favorite. He exemplifies everything that is great about our club. Inspired everyone with his amazingly commitment and courage. Then turns his back on the limelight to retire to a quiet little farm somewhere. What a champion.

Discotobo,

I notice that you are in Basil Switzerland, so I am not sure if you ever saw him play first hand.

Paul Kelly turned up to the club as a really skinny kid with only average skills, but a fierce determination. If I remember correctly, he was given the number 46 Guernsey in his first year, but watching the 2nds, you could see this kid had something. Even when he was one out against two or three players, he halved the contests or beat them. Determination was his middle name & he showed that anyone who had the right intent could play the game.

I was surprised when the Swans gave him the very revered number 14.. the number worn by Skilton (and Stephen Allender... lol). Yet within a few matches, I was hooked in this kid. In my opinion, he was an aout & out champion of the game & I see the same things in Kieren Jack as I did with Paul Kelly. So as a club, we are blessed to have such leadership.

Discotobo,

I notice that you are in Basil Switzerland, so I am not sure if you ever saw him play first hand.

Paul Kelly turned up to the club as a really skinny kid with only average skills, but a fierce determination. If I remember correctly, he was given the number 46 Guernsey in his first year, but watching the 2nds, you could see this kid had something. Even when he was one out against two or three players, he halved the contests or beat them. Determination was his middle name & he showed that anyone who had the right intent could play the game.

I was surprised when the Swans gave him the very revered number 14.. the number worn by Skilton (and Stephen Allender... lol). Yet within a few matches, I was hooked in this kid. In my opinion, he was an aout & out champion of the game & I see the same things in Kieren Jack as I did with Paul Kelly. So as a club, we are blessed to have such leadership.
I was lucky enough to see him quite a bit. Have only moved overseas recently. I think you sum him up well.

Well if you don't know me by now then you must not pay that much attention to big footy

Im Sophie...now 26 have been posting on this board since i was around 19 when the SWANS were my entire life..I was best known for the ROOMIES threads (for those of you who remember OH DEAR haha and those who don't...be happy you weren't around for it...pretty embarrassing looking back, but harmless fun really)

Ive been a swans fan since about 2003 when i went away to a victorian boarding school (given crap for being a swans fan...we all know how 2003 ended) I had been to footy games when i was younger but 2003 kicked things off...Remember 2005 like yesterday and that was incredible but by 2008 (after attending a Sydney vs Geelong game at Skilled Stadium) i became hooked...often spending all my weekends at Ressies and Seniors games (who am i kidding i still do now) Being a girl i had crushes on all swans players and AFL players for that fact and just attending live games was so much fun...meet a really great girl friend (NAT for those who remember) and every weekend i was at the footy with her, making banners, trying to get players to notice me and just adoring AFL for what it was

FAST TRACK...ive grown up a bit...Ive finally seen Daniel Currie Debut, Im almost too old to have a crush on Nick "Sexy" Smith and I'm actually blessed to be able to say one of my best mates plays for the swans!

2012 was such a special year that ill never forget...spending it with some amazing people i met on this board vonn grimlock SM @rwfan bedford Bonz ETC

Things you need to know about me
I know my footy...its honestly one of my most favourite things in the world...pretty good knowledge of off field stuff too
Im Loud, Im Blonde and I'm always happy to catch up for PLENTY of Beers at a footy game
Im a Sydney Girl but always love to escape to Melbourne
I love food and a good bottle of red wine
Im still a tom boy...can get rough and dirty and happy to be one of the boys
Im a type one diabetic and I'm proud of all those footy players currently playing footy with it
Im a social Media fiend...i love a good hashtag
Come say HI if you see me at a game i don't bite
and if you don't know me don't Judge me based on what you see of read on this forum

I love this board and love the people on it
I know I'm not posting as much as i did when i was 19 (Growing up hey) but I'm always around

And you would think with what i posted up there ^^ Idd have a boyfriend by now...but noooo haha

xx

Sucked in to everyone named in the '2012' group. I was named first. It's in order of preference.

Well if you don't know me by now then you must not pay that much attention to big footy

Im Sophie...now 26 have been posting on this board since i was around 19 when the SWANS were my entire life..I was best known for the ROOMIES threads (for those of you who remember OH DEAR haha and those who don't...be happy you weren't around for it...pretty embarrassing looking back, but harmless fun really)

Ive been a swans fan since about 2003 when i went away to a victorian boarding school (given crap for being a swans fan...we all know how 2003 ended) I had been to footy games when i was younger but 2003 kicked things off...Remember 2005 like yesterday and that was incredible but by 2008 (after attending a Sydney vs Geelong game at Skilled Stadium) i became hooked...often spending all my weekends at Ressies and Seniors games (who am i kidding i still do now) Being a girl i had crushes on all swans players and AFL players for that fact and just attending live games was so much fun...meet a really great girl friend (NAT for those who remember) and every weekend i was at the footy with her, making banners, trying to get players to notice me and just adoring AFL for what it was

FAST TRACK...ive grown up a bit...Ive finally seen Daniel Currie Debut, Im almost too old to have a crush on Nick "Sexy" Smith and I'm actually blessed to be able to say one of my best mates plays for the swans!

2012 was such a special year that ill never forget...spending it with some amazing people i met on this board vonn grimlock SM @rwfan bedford Bonz ETC

Things you need to know about me
I know my footy...its honestly one of my most favourite things in the world...pretty good knowledge of off field stuff too
Im Loud, Im Blonde and I'm always happy to catch up for PLENTY of Beers at a footy game
Im a Sydney Girl but always love to escape to Melbourne
I love food and a good bottle of red wine
Im still a tom boy...can get rough and dirty and happy to be one of the boys
Im a type one diabetic and I'm proud of all those footy players currently playing footy with it
Im a social Media fiend...i love a good hashtag
Come say HI if you see me at a game i don't bite
and if you don't know me don't Judge me based on what you see of read on this forum

I love this board and love the people on it
I know I'm not posting as much as i did when i was 19 (Growing up hey) but I'm always around

And you would think with what i posted up there ^^ Idd have a boyfriend by now...but noooo haha

xx

Sophie,

Re being a Swans supporter, never let other supporters get you down. I am a born & bred Victorian member & supporter & have put up with it for years. But I always return fire with, if my uncle moves to Sydney, he is still my uncle... hence my team goes to Sydney, I am still a Swans/Bloods supporter.

You are never too old to enjoy a good crush on anyone... & at 26.. definitely nothing wrong there... Nick isn't too much much younger... So you go girl.

Re loud, blond & happy to have a beer... Again, You Go Girl... Happy to enjoy having another Swans supporter at any game... Go the Bloods !!!

Re diabetic.. knows the feeling all too well, though Type 2...

Please keep posting...

As a recent member, would love to hear more re those ROOMIES threads... as I'm sure many others would like to hear also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back