Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untouchables = Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson and Cripps.
HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be traded = Yarran, Menzel or Docherty.
Bait = Walker, Casbolt and Garlett
I'm satisfied with that. Of particular interest is the fact Cripps is mentioned in the 'untouchable' category, above the likes of Yarran, Menzel & Docherty. Whilst I'd hate to lose any of those three, that shows how highly rated he is internally - a fantastic sign. My guess is that one of those 'missing pieces' is (or was, pre-2013 draft) a clearance machine, which would only add to Cripps' perceived value.

Long odds of getting Judd without giving up pick one...

You should just admit that you hate Hendo and you're wrong about him.

I don't hate Hendo. I reckon he is a gun CHB. Gun enough that GWS would swap Tom Boyd for him.

I certainly hope Gerard Neesham or Greg Miller are doing GWS's trading and would consider Casboult and Pick 6 for Boyd with his development year already under his belt.

Henderson, Waite and Boyd up front with Menzel, Yarran and a fit Thomas thereabouts.............sounds O.K. to me.

Waite will be retired by the time Boyd is ready to play (as opposed to being gifted games in a young GWS squad).

With White, Jamison, Walker and Rowe all the wrong side of 26, expect Hendo to move back at some point.

Squad looks a lot healthier with Levi there. Getting Boyd alone won't fix our structure.

Waite will be retired by the time Boyd is ready to play (as opposed to being gifted games in a young GWS squad).

With White, Jamison, Walker and Rowe all the wrong side of 26, expect Hendo to move back at some point.

Squad looks a lot healthier with Levi there. Getting Boyd alone won't fix our structure.

Boyd is ready to play. Just needs to be played.
Why don't you think he's ready?

Forget the squad as we know it.
We had 11 new faces come in last year, 10 possibly this year and we won't hold back the year after. This is new for us.

We just don't know who will be there and who won't in 2 years time........It's exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget the squad as we know it.
We had 11 new faces come in last year, 10 possibly this year and we won't hold back the year after. This is new for us.

We just don't know who will be there and who won't in 2 years time........It's exciting.
yes was just about to say the same, he nearly kicked 3 against geelong, and isnt he still 18? wow! get him in a navy ASAP

Perhaps but if I had to choose between he or Boyd, I wouldn't mind trading him.
lets compare without being disrespectuful - both carlton supporters - tick
levi mid 40's? rookie draft
tom no.1 pick daylight then pick 2 in national draft

i believe TB has crazy potential but hey these things dont always go as planned

Squad looks a lot healthier with Levi there.....

Bingo. He's your classic Big Guys take longer to Develop, player. He's gone from being Last Chance ruck in his debut year, to a genuine target up forward. Not only that he's kicking goals, sure it looks awkward but he's kicking most of them, and minimised the car park shots, and with the benefit of a few pre-seasons he can handle himself in the middle. His hands are a given, not many better contested marks going around, and he busts it open for the crumbers.

Given that sort of improvement, and he's 2 seasons off his very best footy, you'd be mad to get rid of this bloke.

Missed quite a bit of U18 with injury. Being a 200cm beast against boys doesn't necessarily translate to 18 year old rock star. The fact that he's played only 4 games means GWS aren't rushing the kid.

e.g. Joe Daniher is a contributor in his 2nd AFL year but wouldn't have been rushed into a premiership contender like Sydney or Hawthorn. Won't burst onto the scene for another 12-18 months.

I'm just setting the bar low on Boyd until he's 21yo - still 18...

Missed quite a bit of U18 with injury. Being a 200cm beast against boys doesn't necessarily translate to 18 year old rock star. The fact that he's played only 4 games means GWS aren't rushing the kid.

e.g. Joe Daniher is a contributor in his 2nd AFL year but wouldn't have been rushed into a premiership contender like Sydney or Hawthorn. Won't burst onto the scene for another 12-18 months.

I'm just setting the bar low on Boyd until he's 21yo - still 18...

What you're saying is that there are no guarantees..............Also fair enough.

Boyd has been rated highly for some years now and is a competitive beast. Something some other highly touted talls haven't quite been.
Boyd's output may also be lower than Casboult's in 2015 but his ceiling is also a lot higher.

Still some way to go regardless before any such trade may come about, so it's all just spit-balling for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back