Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just say it's not Gibbs or Yazz either and I'm on board.

Yarran is the player they'd target.

They have enough young mids and a surplus of young KPP just ripening.

A pacy outside player with flair is the icing. He fits the right age bracket and looks like peaking in 1-3 years.

As much as Levi has improved this year, he's nearly 25 and he'll never be the best kick. One of Boyd's strengths is his kicking. He can go in the ruck too.

You've got to give to get.

Yarran is the player they'd target.

They have enough young mids and a surplus of young KPP just ripening.

A pacy outside player with flair is the icing. He fits the right age bracket and looks like peaking in 1-3 years.
Yarran will either stay @ Carlton for life or go home at some point. Personally I can't see him moving to Western Sydney.

Fraser Russell is the speedster that will come onto our B List next year.
May yet see him this year though.

Garletts current position with the CFC isn't healthy but things can change. They have before.

Still don't understand - who is Fraser Russell? How does he qualify for Cat B? Is he Irish?

As much as Levi has improved this year, he's nearly 25 and he'll never be the best kick. One of Boyd's strengths is his kicking. He can go in the ruck too.

You've got to give to get.
I would really hope we don't send Boyd through the ruck. The big forwards don't go through the ruck (Cloke etc).

With Kreuze back and Wood/Warnock in the side, we don't need him to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still don't understand - who is Fraser Russell? How does he qualify for Cat B? Is he Irish?

Not Irish but he has been out of the system for 3 (?) years qualifying one for a B status.
Russell played with the Geelong Falcons but opted for athletics being a 400 mt runner. (what I understand)

Rowe mentioned that he's also likely to beat Curnows Visy Park trial run record time.

Considering the evenness at the top end of the draft this year and the competition Boyd faces from his own list, would we really need to provide a great deal more than pick six?

Whoever we trade isn't going to please all.

Because you have to give quality to get quality.

Personally I'd trade Levi over Kreuz if it came to that.
Then I'd trade Warnock + a 3rd for a second.
I'd bring in a Luke Lowden or Grimley or similar on the cheap. One will struggle to get a game ahead of Ceglar, McEvoy and Hale ( if he plays on).
Keep Wood.

Then we'd have Kreuz as our number 1 and who plays better as the number 1. Wood as back up and a younger Grimley/Lowden etc.

I would really hope we don't send Boyd through the ruck. The big forwards don't go through the ruck (Cloke etc).

With Kreuze back and Wood/Warnock in the side, we don't need him to.
I meant more as a pinch hit if we need too. But he'd be primarily and 90% forward.

Yes, because he's been out of the system for 3 (?) years.
Russell played with the Geelong Falcons but opted for athletics being a 400 mt runner.

Rowe mentioned that he's also likely to beat Curnows park run time.

Has the club committed to him? I haven't heard his name mentioned before and I spend WAYYY to much time reading Bigfooty

Has the club committed to him? I haven't heard his name mentioned before and I spend WAYYY to much time reading Bigfooty

I understand that to be the case and understand we may see him play this year yet.
Maybe in the development league?

Russell has been training with the squad in recent weeks and is coming to us.

Not Irish but he has been out of the system for 3 (?) years qualifying one for a B status.
Russell played with the Geelong Falcons but opted for athletics being a 400 mt runner. (what I understand)

Rowe mentioned that he's also likely to beat Curnows Visy Park trial run record time.

Played U16 Vic Country and had "permission to train" with the Saints at the end of 2010 and was named in the bests in one game.

This is all I can find on him, but I'm sure someone will be able to get more.

If Levi leaves, Henderson is our only established tall under 25yo.
Good luck making the finals if Boyd is double-teamed like Fev was.

Henderson, Waite and Boyd up front with Menzel, Yarran and a fit Thomas thereabouts.............sounds O.K. to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back