Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok some goss that seems to add aup

1st... Walker and Danger were the major players in moving Sando... Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.. Danger will not be leaving now... The two were instrumental in drumming up support from the playing group... This comes from a players mouth who played almost every game this year...
2. This from a different source... Chapman will fall on his sword within 10 days

Please be true!!

1st... Walker and Danger were the major players in moving Sando... Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.. Danger will not be leaving now... The two were instrumental in drumming up support from the playing group... This comes from a players mouth who played almost every game this year...
2. This from a different source... Chapman will fall on his sword within 10 days

Probably just waiting to announce Chapman gone ... just in-case Port win on the weekend :)

The Roovolution is well under way!!

something that i always found a little odd towards the end of the season - that now makes sense - is that everytime they showed Sando with the players, it was only with Pods. Rarely saw him mucking around, or high fiving anyone else

Geez reading the AFL main board it's pretty annoying how some supporters of other clubs don't know what's happened with Sando and the rest of the group.

Not surprising (though I can't be bothered going over there). If it doesn't happen to a Victorian side it doesn't happen at all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sister's boyfriend is a great judge of character, and he thinks that my sister is fantastic. Doesn't mean I'm going to start chasing after her.

It's not about whether Goodwin is a quality coach. He obviously is. The point is that we're in the process of bringing in fresh, outside people, and going back to someone who is Crows through and through and spent the majority of his career learning from and playing with half the assistant coaching panel and more than half the other staff members is kind of incestuous. (Hence my almightily clumsy analogy above :p)

Goodwin should only be hired if he is unquestionably the best option. Sometimes the "look of things" is actually important. In a game where results are often slow to emerge, but expectations are instantaneous, you need someone the fans won't immediately start asking questions about.

Paging Dr Freud ...

Good post. This whole process started out like the whole Fremantle/Ross Lyon thing. My hope from here is that it doesn't turn into the whole Brisbane/Justin Leppitsch thing.

Sando is gone - not a rumour anymore.

Simon Goodwin (senior coach) and Neil Craig (senior assistant) have been given a 3 year deal.

The Melbourne Football club offered him (Goodwin a 6 year deal - 2 as an assistant and 4 as head coach) but Goodwin wanted to give the crows first right of reply as Roo has been after him for months now.

Goodwin gave him the ultimatum - sign me now or i'm going to the Dee's.

Roo blinked and Sando is out

Braking that Simon has signed with the dee's

FiveAA this afternoon;
330 chappy
400 Sando's presser
after that
Sando interview
Player interview (possibly Brodie Martin)

I don't usually listne to them anymore.. but may today.
Not a lot of Port there - esp for a Prelim final week. Can't wait for their crying and complaining

Now according to the media we look silly for sacking Sando now that Goody has gone to Melbourne.

They're just pissed they don't get to write the stories of the idiocy of sacking the coach to hire a board member's best mate and the resulting "boys club" jibes.

Most going on about W/L and how we have "delusions of grandeur" about the state of our list.
Actually the exact opposite is true.
Sando came to the Crows with a very strong belief in the playing group (why he was appointed when Burns identified many gaps and concerns) and 2012 seemed to back him up.
Sando is still being confident and bullish about it. Unfortunately for him the board has finally awoken from their slumber and seen the reality.

The media of course got it completely arse about.

Yep, they cant handle poor old predictable Adelaide Foortball Club making bold moves that go against what has become expected. At this point all they can do is call it a PR disaster and "Crows off-season nightmare continues" until the next move is made. Checkmate.
when in reality this is the best week in the history of the Crows. I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back